Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2011, 18:29   #16
God Member

Re: There'll be no Palin in the White House

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ah the Blessed Margaret
Saint?

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
mobertol is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-10-2011, 09:21   #17
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Saint?
No she hasn't been beatified yet mobertol
Old 11-10-2011, 16:27   #18

I believe Mrs. Palin is exactly where she wants to be right now. The best of both worlds, you might say. Since 2008 she has become a best selling author and has built a successful and very lucrative career in the private sector....which I am sure drives the Lefties crazy. She remains active behind the political scenes. If she decides to run for public office again, I doubt it will be before her minor children are grown. The polling numbers you mention don't mean much at this stage of the game and will remain fluid for some time to come. During the last presidential race, none of the early front runners made the final cut.

As for the Joe McGinnis tome, "Rogue" - even by his own admission, he wasn't able to verify the scurrilous rumors he nonetheless chose to include in it - leading some to wonder if Mrs. Palin might contemplate a lawsuit against the author and his publisher. I hear that the book is not selling well.

It is a pity that some of you seem incapable of making a cogent and reasonable argument when discussing political figures with whom you have philosophical disagreements. Resorting to cheap shots and infantile name calling doesn't make you sound clever. That nasty little gibe directed towards Ronald Reagan is not only cruel but incorrect, in that it implies he was already in the grips of Alzheimers during his presidency. In fact he had no such symptoms until long after he left the White House. This dreadful condition affects millions and should not be a topic for jest.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:38   #19
God Member

It says something of the US political system that Sarah Palin got has far as she did; If she was in the UK, my guess is that the highest public role she would obtain would be that of a school dinner lady.

The woman is a 100% nutter.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:40   #20
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullseyebarb View Post
I believe Mrs. Palin is exactly where she wants to be right now. The best of both worlds, you might say. Since 2008 she has become a best selling author and has built a successful and very lucrative career in the private sector....which I am sure drives the Lefties crazy. She remains active behind the political scenes. If she decides to run for public office again, I doubt it will be before her minor children are grown. The polling numbers you mention don't mean much at this stage of the game and will remain fluid for some time to come. During the last presidential race, none of the early front runners made the final cut.

As for the Joe McGinnis tome, "Rogue" - even by his own admission, he wasn't able to verify the scurrilous rumors he nonetheless chose to include in it - leading some to wonder if Mrs. Palin might contemplate a lawsuit against the author and his publisher. I hear that the book is not selling well.

It is a pity that some of you seem incapable of making a cogent and reasonable argument when discussing political figures with whom you have philosophical disagreements. Resorting to cheap shots and infantile name calling doesn't make you sound clever. That nasty little gibe directed towards Ronald Reagan is not only cruel but incorrect, in that it implies he was already in the grips of Alzheimers during his presidency. In fact he had no such symptoms until long after he left the White House. This dreadful condition affects millions and should not be a topic for jest.
Pur-lease.

Reagan wasn't the shiniest button in the box in the sixties, when he was elected as Governor of California.

American politics - style over substance.

They only elected JFK, over that crook Nixon, because he shaved moments before the infamous televised interviews.

Making the gullible Yanks think he looked less 'shifty'.

Last edited by garinda; 11-10-2011 at 16:42.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 16:44   #21
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
It says something of the US political system that Sarah Palin got has far as she did; If she was in the UK, my guess is that the highest public role she would obtain would be that of a school dinner lady.

The woman is a 100% nutter.
But a very well-groomed nutter...

“Beauty is an experience, nothing else. It is not a fixed pattern or an arrangement of features. It is something felt, a glow or a communicated sense of fineness.”
~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 16:46   #22
Give, give, give member

Top 10 Dumbest Sarah Palin Quotes

1. "As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." --Sarah Palin, explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008 (Watch video clip)

2. "The America I know and love is not one in which my parents or my baby with Down Syndrome will have to stand in front of Obama's 'death panel' so his bureaucrats can decide, based on a subjective judgment of their 'level of productivity in society,' whether they are worthy of health care. Such a system is downright evil." –-Sarah Palin, in a message posted on Facebook about Obama's health care plan, Aug. 7, 2009

3. "All of 'em, any of 'em that have been in front of me over all these years." --Sarah Palin, unable to name a single newspaper or magazine she reads, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

4. "Well, let's see. There's ― of course in the great history of America there have been rulings that there's never going to be absolute consensus by every American, and there are those issues, again, like Roe v. Wade, where I believe are best held on a state level and addressed there. So, you know, going through the history of America, there would be others but ―" --Sarah Palin, unable to name a Supreme Court decision she disagreed with other than Roe vs. Wade, interview with Katie Couric, CBS News, Oct. 1, 2008 (Watch video clip)

5. "'Refudiate,' 'misunderestimate,' 'wee-wee'd up.' English is a living language. Shakespeare liked to coin new words too. Got to celebrate it!'" --a Tweet sent by Sarah Palin in response to being ridiculed for inventing the word "refudiate," proudly mistaking her illiteracy for literary genius, July 18, 2010

6. "He who warned, uh, the British that they weren't gonna be takin' away our arms, uh, by ringing those bells, and um, makin' sure as he's riding his horse through town to send those warning shots and bells that we were going to be sure and we were going to be free, and we were going to be armed." --Sarah Palin, botching the history of Paul Revere's midnight ride, June 3, 2011

7. "But obviously, we've got to stand with our North Korean allies." --Sarah Palin, after being asked how she would handle the current hostilities between the two Koreas, interview on Glenn Beck's radio show, Nov. 24, 2010

8. "Especially within hours of a tragedy unfolding, journalists and pundits should not manufacture a blood libel that serves only to incite the very hatred and violence they purport to condemn. That is reprehensible." --Sarah Palin, defending her fiery campaign rhetoric in the wake of the Arizona shooting massacre by invoking a phrase ("blood libel") that typically refers historically to the alleged murder of Christian babies by Jews, Jan. 12, 2011

9. "We used to hustle over the border for health care we received in Canada. And I think now, isn't that ironic?" --Sarah Palin, admitting that her family used to get treatment in Canada's single-payer health care system, despite having demonized such government-run programs as socialized medicine that will lead to death-panel-like rationing, March 6, 2010

10. "Ohh, good, thank you, yes." --Sarah Palin, after a notorious Canadian prank caller, posing as French President Nicolas Sarkozy, complimented her on the documentary about her life, Hustler's "Nailin Paylin," Nov. 1, 2008 (Read more about the prank call, watch the video and see the transcript)

Old 11-10-2011, 16:59   #23
Give, give, give member

Please feel free Bullseyebarb, to post all Palin's quotes, which show off her worldliness, and superior intellect.

We could do with a laugh.

Old 11-10-2011, 17:00   #24
God Member

Prank call -brilliant! Missed that one - got her hook, line and sinker...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 17:03   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobertol View Post
Prank call -brilliant! Missed that one - got her hook, line and sinker...
Odd, really.

With her being such a shrewd and savvy operator.

Must have caught her on a bad decade.

Old 11-10-2011, 17:07   #26
God Member

Sarkozy's assistant .johnny Hallyday...

~ D. H. Lawrence
Old 11-10-2011, 17:16   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Pur-lease.

Reagan wasn't the shiniest button in the box in the sixties, when he was elected as Governor of California.

American politics - style over substance.

They only elected JFK, over that crook Nixon, because he shaved moments before the infamous televised interviews.

Making the gullible Yanks think he looked less 'shifty'.

Actually, those who listened to the JFK/Nixon debate on the radio thought Nixon won hands down. But he didn't come across very well on t.v. because he wasn't feeling well that evening and looked sweaty. JFK certainly had style.

Reagan was no dunce. Maybe you should dig a little deeper before pronouncing judgement. He was well read and a prolific writer. Most Americans approved of his governing philosophy and many Democrats voted for him....hence the two landslide victories when he ran for the presidency. He is still highly regarded by the American people.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2011, 17:27   #28
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Actually, those who listened to the JFK/Nixon debate on the radio thought Nixon won hands down. But he didn't come across very well on t.v. because he wasn't feeling well that evening and looked sweaty. JFK certainly had style.

Reagan was no dunce. Maybe you should dig a little deeper before pronouncing judgement. He was well read and a prolific writer. Most Americans approved of his governing philosophy and many Democrats voted for him....hence the two landslide victories when he ran for the presidency. He is still highly regarded by the American people.
I have 'delved', thank you, and remain unimpressed. Though I'm happy you are.

Apparently peanuts make monkeys happy.

You'll be trying to convince us next of Schwarzenegger's soaring intellect.

Old 11-10-2011, 17:31   #29
Give, give, give member

Personally, I'm eagerly anticipating Macaulay Culkin's presidential campaign to start.

Which shouldn't be that long a wait now.

Old 11-10-2011, 17:36   #30
Give, give, give member

Quote:

Welcome back, by the way.

We were worried you'd forgotten the combination number, for the lock on your bunker.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..