Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-02-2010, 21:29   #1

Theres something you dont see everyday!

Walking along Oxford st, back to my car, I see the a police car blocking the road. out of curiosity i walked down Whitworht st. half way down the road i hear screaming n shouting, and everyone looking up. and right there i see sumat i've neva seen before, a man on the NCP roof threatening to jump.after about 15mins my hot chocolate finish and i started to get cold so i walked off. jus checked online to see what happened, found out he didnt jump in the end!
P.s. not posted on here in ages! hope u all well.
kash is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 18-02-2010, 21:32   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Theres something you dont see everyday!

not a pleasant sight kash, had a mate once that actually did jump.
Old 18-02-2010, 21:37   #3

Oh I am sorry to hear that but its not a pleasant sight. The only thing I could think of was that incident some time back somewhere down south were bystanders were "egging" the person to jump. Luckily no one was shouting "jump". Although one guy did shout "don't jump brother, were with you in out hearts" I thought it was strange, at first I thought it was his brother but then the one who shouted that just walked off.

Last edited by Neil; 19-02-2010 at 01:21. Reason: trying to make it readable
Old 19-02-2010, 00:59   #4
God Member

incident like that yesterday in downtown San Francisco , a bunch of sickos shouting for the guy to jump , sad thing is some of the creeps had their cell phone cameras out filming the incident
The Scavenger : A man jumps to his death and people -- laugh?
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 11:14   #5

Some people can be best described with one short word! SCUM!
Old 19-02-2010, 13:33   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
incident like that yesterday in downtown San Francisco , a bunch of sickos shouting for the guy to jump , sad thing is some of the creeps had their cell phone cameras out filming the incident
The Scavenger : A man jumps to his death and people -- laugh?
Unfortuneatly thats the way of the world today SJ
Old 19-02-2010, 16:50   #7
Junior Member+

Shame really, wonder why he wanted to do such a thing. He was probably a thoughtful man although that wasn't very thoughtful. Or maybe he did it because somethings terrible has happened to him very recently.
stanleylegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2010, 19:37   #8
Full Member+

Sad the way the world has come to when scumbags egg people on to kill themselves
US Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 07:45   #9
God Member

Oh for heaven's sake! Enough of the handwringing and emoting, please! There are easier, less painful and certainly less messy ways to kill yourself if you are really determined to end it all. Standing on top of a tall building and threatening to throw yourself off is merely attention seeking. Had I been there I would have taken a leaf out of the chinese blokes book and given the gutless wonder a helping hand. The reason why some people laugh and try to egg the would be suicide on is because they have the sense to realise that it is not in any way a serious attempt.
Old 21-02-2010, 15:14   #10
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kash View Post
Walking along Oxford st, back to my car, I see the a police car blocking the road. out of curiosity i walked down Whitworht st. half way down the road i hear screaming n shouting, and everyone looking up. and right there i see sumat i've neva seen before, a man on the NCP roof threatening to jump.after about 15mins my hot chocolate finish and i started to get cold so i walked off. jus checked online to see what happened, found out he didnt jump in the end!
P.s. not posted on here in ages! hope u all well.
should come to accy arndale weve had a few threatening to swan dive off there over the years infact since its been built they tend to ignore the more than adequate viaduct i guess the arndale has the advantage of having a lift

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2010, 16:11   #11
Resting in Peace

Re: There's something you dont see everyday!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
should come to acy arndale weve had a few threatening to swan dive off there over the years infact since its been built they tend to ignore the more than adequate viaduct i guess the arndale has the advantage of having a lift
Ya having a lift makes sure they're not tired when they reach parapet wall
Old 21-02-2010, 19:38   #12

yeah i've heard abt arndale car park, being a favourate spot for sum. in manchester i thot sum1 was gonna shout jump, luckily no one did. although i do reckon he did it for attention.
Old 21-02-2010, 20:32   #13

Its so sad when things come to that but lets hope they can turn things about and look at the good times they have had.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 01:31   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
should come to accy arndale weve had a few threatening to swan dive off there over the years infact since its been built they tend to ignore the more than adequate viaduct i guess the arndale has the advantage of having a lift
Without wanting to sound sick/perverse is the view better from one place or the other ? over here in my neck of the woods most of the jumpers (90%+) from the Golden Gate Bridge go over from the side with the city view (I left my heart in San Francisco sort of thing ) , very few go over on the ocean side , numbers are never reported in the media as it may encourage others, but rumours are at least one a week. Guess in a way its a sort of like seeing your ashes scattered in your favourite spot .

Sorry for the morbidity
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-2010, 03:35   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
Without wanting to sound sick/perverse is the view better from one place or the other ?
depends if you like trains or not because if you dont jump off the viaduct the last thing you may see is the underneath of one

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..