Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 10:13   #1
Resting in Peace

Angry They could always go back to Africa

Express.co.uk - Home of the Daily and Sunday Express | UK News :: Refugees moan about 'poor' area so you pay for their move to £2m home-
This country must be the bigest mugs in the world
Old 12-07-2010, 10:21   #2
Senior Member+

Re: They could always go back to Africa

My ANNUAL rent is less than half their monthly rent. I know at the moment my rent is paid by housing benefit but that is ridiculous, I cant beleive that they are actually paying that for them.
emzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:25   #3

What happened to "CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME"? Trouble is, if they do not get what they demand, they will say it is racial.
vera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:28   #4
Give, give, give member

Housing benefit should be capped.

It is ridiculous, a rent of £8,000.00 per month.

The system is abused, and needs changing, now.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:41   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Housing benefit should be capped.

It is ridiculous, a rent of £8,000.00 per month.

The system is abused, and needs changing, now.
Think its been announced today that as from next April housing benefit will be capped at £400 per week
Old 12-07-2010, 10:52   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Think its been announced today that as from next April housing benefit will be capped at £400 per week
There they go then.

£305 quid per week. Nice residential neighbourhood in north London, 4 beds. Newly decorated.

4-Bed Garden House in Arnos Grove, N11. £305pw - Arnos Grove - London - 4 Bedroom Flats & Houses for Rent - 61857765

I can get them cheaper accommodation. Places where hardworking families live and work, but I don't want them to have to much of a culture shock, not having Stella McCartney next door.

Old 12-07-2010, 11:25   #7
Give, give, give member

Alternatively, for a little over the cost of five months rent, we could buy for them, this beautiful 12 bedroomed hotel, with pool, in a peaceful neighbourhood in Mogadishu, Somalia.

Mogadishu Real Estate & Property Listings, Free Mogadishu Real Estate Portal, Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia Properties - Mondinion.com - Free International Real Estate Listings & International Property Ads, Overseas Real Estate

Old 12-07-2010, 11:38   #8
Give, give, give member

What I don't understand is that families who default on their mortgage, because of being made unemployed, for example, have their houses repossessed, and if the local council doesn't have any available houses, which most don't, they end up in bed and breakfasts.

The current system stinks.

Old 12-07-2010, 12:48   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
well thats handy 10 months away n still a ridiculous level.
Old 12-07-2010, 13:10   #10
Give, give, give member

Unemployed bus conductor with 7 kids given housing benefit for £8000-a-month luxury Kensington home

Unemployed bus conductor with 7 kids given housing benefit for £8000-a-month luxury Kensington home - mirror.co.uk

Here we go.

I've found him a job.

Mini Bus Drivers / PCV Drivers / Driver | Careerjet

Though he may find the rent for his accommodation is a little on the steep side, once he's having to fork out for it himself.

Old 12-07-2010, 13:23   #11
Give, give, give member

A nice photograph of the old, 'unsuitable' house in Brent.

An area, incidentally, where there are hundreds of families living perfectly ordinary, and decent lives.

'But last month, Mr Nur spotted a vacancy in nearby Notting Hill in the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, and was given permission by the council to upgrade.'
Council should kick asylum-seeker out of £2m house, say neighbours | Mail Online

Shame on you. Kensington and Chelsea Council. You are idiots.

Ironically the area that the new house is in, Notting Hill, is a wealthy area where gangs 'steam' in to mug well heeled residents of their Rolexes. Many of the gangs being Somali.The family were probably safer in Brent.

Met alarm at Somali gangs' violence| News | This is London

Old 12-07-2010, 14:06   #12
God Member

Quote:
thats still way too much although i can see it been asked for in parts of london but if as mean as it may sound if the rents £400 per week and your in need of housing benefit rent elsewhere until your in a position to pay for a £400 per week house yourself.Most landlorsd require a months deposit and a month in advance so where is someone on benefits in need of housing benefit getting £3467 from ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 14:50   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Alternatively, for a little over the cost of five months rent, we could buy for them, this beautiful 12 bedroomed hotel, with pool, in a peaceful neighbourhood in Mogadishu, Somalia.

Mogadishu Real Estate & Property Listings, Free Mogadishu Real Estate Portal, Mogadishu, Banaadir, Somalia Properties - Mondinion.com - Free International Real Estate Listings & International Property Ads, Overseas Real Estate
Now your talking
Old 12-07-2010, 14:53   #14
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well thats handy 10 months away n still a ridiculous level.
It can only be introduce at the beginning of the financial year, but at least its a start, the last lot would have poured money down the drain forever
Old 12-07-2010, 14:57   #15
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
thats still way too much although i can see it been asked for in parts of london but if as mean as it may sound if the rents £400 per week and your in need of housing benefit rent elsewhere until your in a position to pay for a £400 per week house yourself.Most landlorsd require a months deposit and a month in advance so where is someone on benefits in need of housing benefit getting £3467 from ?
See post 14

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..