Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-04-2005, 22:09   #16
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: They start young

it is a fact of life that children practice what their brought up with in the home,parents should be made to take responsibility for the behaviour of children,ours did thats when i got a thick ear.
Old 28-04-2005, 22:14   #17
I am Banned

perhaps when enough parents are sentto jail for punishing their children the country will stand up against europe and polititians and say enough is enough

if any of my kids get brought to my house for vandalising property or throwing bricks at cars they will get hit and it will leave a mark

if yolu dont leave a red mark when slapping a kid it means you didnt do it hard enough

i have had plenty of marks left on my ass and legs from my mums slipper and although it stung like hell for a while i wasnt done any long lasting damage
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 00:46   #18
Senior Member+

Some people may take it too far though.

There is a line between punishment and abuse. It may be fine, but it is definitely there

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 01:38   #19
I am Banned

the problem is that line gets moved further and further away from punishment every year

by this time next year what is considered acceptable will get you 5 years in prison

off topic a little now but i remember when punching someone in the face was considered A.B.H. but now it is G.B.H

not a nice thing to do but i used it as an example of how the law shifts the value of pain

as the law has got softer the crimes have got more horrific and more frequent
Old 29-04-2005, 08:23   #20
Resident Waffler

Children do need to be protected from abuse but unfortunately now that any form of punishment is considered to be abuse this is the sort of result we are seeing. Each generation seems to deteriorate further. I dread to think what sort of lawless society the future will bring. I won't be here to suffer it but unfortunately my children will.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 09:26   #21
I am Banned

my grandfather was given the cane at school fequently , got a leather belt around his ass from his father and went on to fight a world war and lived many years after the war

he died of natural causes

cant say getting dicipline did him any harm

infact i remember him having a belt that used to hang on the wall and if i misbehaved he would get it off the wall and slap it across his hand making a cracking noise and ask me if i wanted some on my legs

that was enough i soon shut up and behaved yet even threatening a child with this would now land you in jail

Last edited by chav1; 29-04-2005 at 09:28.
Old 29-04-2005, 10:37   #22
Give, give, give member

l think this thread has come to the conclusion that all us 'oldies' who suffered the terrible ordeal of being slapped or caned if we did something wrong, are in a better state of mind to comment on the heedless actions of some of todays young Chavlings.

Bring back parental rights, teachers rights, and the rights of a society to clout other people's children, if they've done something so stupid as to endanger their or other peoples lives with their mindless actions.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 11:52   #23

I don't know how it got to the point when the line blurred between punishment and abuse. One can only assume that it is people of our generation or older perhaps who suffered as a child and have decided to take action. Obviously, that person, or people like them were treated to something that was classed as punishment but was a little stronger.

A bit off thread but a similar theme. My hubby was jogging the other day and someone drove past and threw a can at him. Fortunately hit him on the arm and not face but still hurt him.
PurpleLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2005, 12:04   #24

We've had this debate before and I still stand where I stood then. A spanking when necessary never hurt anyone and on the contrary served to bring up a generation of well behaved people who knew right from wrong rather than the mindless heedless yobs of today.
Old 29-04-2005, 12:20   #25
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

my grown up children were never abused,though smacked when reason failed. the cretins that have moved the line so far the other way to my mind are more to blame than the yobs,its a society they have created,

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..