Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-06-2007, 12:18   #16

Re: things you take for granted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Fer cryin' out loud, Carla! You can have all that fantastic paella with fresh seafood and peppers...and you're looking for cauliflower!!?? Sheesh, there's no pleasing some folks!

paella oh dear, i dont like fish!!!! give me cauliflower anyday!!! especially with cheese on it!!! mmmm delish!!!
im actually okay for trying different foods, im living with a phillipino woman and her cooking is great! im tasting food from her homeland and she also cooks the odd thai and spanish dishes. im lucky i suppose. she made banana fritters the other day ive never had them before now im hooked!! she also took me shopping to a spanish butchers, that was an expierience and half!!! i was crying when i came out the shop not from being upset but actually laughing. they had lambs heads with eyes still in, and full bodied rabbits fair enough rabbits yeah but these poor mites had no meat on them!!! then i saw turkeys and chickens that i dont think have ever seen food, and there facial expressions, it was like watching a cartoon when a characters eyes pop out? then i spotted a pigs bum!!!! and next to it was a tray full of chicken feet!!!!! they sold everything that we have back home but its the way they display it and when you actually want something the just chop it with a big cleaver and give it you in a plastic bag, they dont take the bones out or anything remotley hygeinic. they had to send me out the shop the poor spanish woman behind the counter thought i ws having a fit.
dinner that night was good up until i realised i was munching on some kind of meat from a bone that was the spitting image of a spine bone, i didnt dare ask what i was eating, but i did eat it all!!!!
carla d is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-06-2007, 13:54   #17
Super Moderator

Carla, you haven't lived until you've had guinea pig and chips. Mmmmm....finger lickin' good!!
Old 17-06-2007, 14:26   #18

yes it,s good to go a way to the sunny and hot place,s but it,s always good to come back home.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..