Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-06-2007, 17:50   #1
Beacon of light

Paedophiles and Chemical castration.

There was an item on the news today that the government is considering some different ways of dealing with Paedophiles....chemical castration being one of them. How do you feel about this?
Accrington Web
Old 13-06-2007, 17:56   #2

Re: Paedophiles and Chemical castration.

sounds good can they give them something to make there hands drop off aswell
Old 13-06-2007, 18:08   #3
Beacon of light

Peadophiles will be required to volunteer for this form of treatment, so it won't be forced on all convicted paedophiles...only those who want to change their behaviour.
Old 13-06-2007, 18:16   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by davo69 View Post
sounds good can they give them something to make there hands drop off aswell
If it weren't such a serious subject, that would be funny davo ... well, still is.

Only heard a little Margaret this morning, didn't catch the castration bit, just the drugs on offer to reduce their sexual drive, only voluntary though, but good idea, as must be an illness of some sort, musn't it ?

Re. the drug, wonder if an improved type of bromide they gave to our soldiers in their tea whilst away at war ? Wonder if it ever worked ? Sorry if digressing (sortof).

Would be interesting to know though if any old soldiers,, who may be on Accyweb, ever took it, and their experiences.
Old 13-06-2007, 18:44   #5
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
If it weren't such a serious subject, that would be funny davo ... well, still is.

Only heard a little Margaret this morning, didn't catch the castration bit, just the drugs on offer to reduce their sexual drive, only voluntary though, but good idea, as must be an illness of some sort, musn't it ?

Re. the drug, wonder if an improved type of bromide they gave to our soldiers in their tea whilst away at war ? Wonder if it ever worked ? Sorry if digressing (sortof).

Would be interesting to know though if any old soldiers,, who may be on Accyweb, ever took it, and their experiences.
They didn't give the soldiers bromide
Old 13-06-2007, 18:51   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
They didn't give the soldiers bromide
Didn't they piltymon ? Always understood this was the case, was it a myth then ? what did they give 'em

Sorry Margaret, just realised you quoted 'chemical' castration, your clever metaphoric way of describing drugs for stemming the urges.
Old 13-06-2007, 18:55   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Didn't they piltymon ? Always understood this was the case, was it a myth then ? what did they give 'em

Sorry Margaret, just realised you quoted 'chemical' castration, your clever metaphoric way of describing drugs for stemming the urges.
It's an urban legend just like they say they give prisoners bromide to keep them quiet. If they gave them bromide then why were there so many war babies? Maybe it was just a bad batch of bromide LoL
Old 13-06-2007, 19:04   #8
Beacon of light

My dad used to say the only way that bromide would have worked would have been if they had loaded it into an artillery shell and fired at the soldiers privates (that is private parts).

Apparently there are some of the anti-depressants that have the side effect of reducing the libido. (funny, I don't remember taking any)
I'm not sure I would trust the paedophiles to take oral medication....even if they volunteered to go on the program...but then they are also talking of making paedophiles take compulsory lie detector tests.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:06   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
It's an urban legend just like they say they give prisoners bromide to keep them quiet. If they gave them bromide then why were there so many war babies? Maybe it was just a bad batch of bromide LoL
Perhaps, but maybe some of 'em spit it out .. typical fellas. ! Perhaps they withdrew the tea drinking before they came home on leave, which would only be fair.

Anyway, not all paedophiles will volunteer for this drug, and they are the ones that will have to be watched, however, if at least 25% agree then a little less danger to our children from these sick people in the future.

We all think of men in these cases, but some women involved at times, does it work on them I wonder ? Do you know the name of the drug Margaret?
Old 13-06-2007, 19:07   #10
Beacon of light

Chemical castration.....that is what it is called Katex......I didn't coin the phrase.....only reported it as heard ........I'm glad you think I'm clever,metaphorically speaking.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:08   #11
Beacon of light

There are a number of drugs which are supposed to have impotence as side effects......not sure about ones for women though.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:09   #12
God Member

I think the fact that its voluntary is where it falls down, do paedophiles care about their urges? Some travel to countries so they can be with a child. Maybe the chemical castration should be punishment, think we're too soft in this country.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:12   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
My dad used to say the only way that bromide would have worked would have been if they had loaded it into an artillery shell and fired at the soldiers privates (that is private parts).

Apparently there are some of the anti-depressants that have the side effect of reducing the libido. (funny, I don't remember taking any)
I'm not sure I would trust the paedophiles to take oral medication....even if they volunteered to go on the program...but then they are also talking of making paedophiles take compulsory lie detector tests.
Your dad is very close to the truth. Dosage is king in this discussion. Some soldiers would drink more than others. If the authorities were to give bromide to soldiers wouldn't they be more accurate with their delivery method? If we consider this carefully we have to come to the conclusion that it's a load of.........
Old 13-06-2007, 19:13   #14
Beacon of light

Maybe surgical castration would be a surer way to ensure that they could never follow their urges ever again......but you'd need B*lls to bring in the legislation it requires to do that.
Old 13-06-2007, 19:17   #15
God Member

The paedophiles would scream about their Human Rights, well what about the rights of the children. Maybe if this was brought in more people with these urges would seek help, also think that the sex offenders register should be made available for all to view.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..