Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2007, 15:01   #151
Resting in Peace

Re: Paedophiles and Chemical castration.

If this thread turns into a slanging match it will be closed so please get back on topic and please watch the bad language it is a family site and there are children on here.
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2007, 15:02   #152
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
What a sad young lady.
Its sad that there are so many people in accy willing to commit murder. Thats what is sad. And for what is worth there are enough members on accy web for statistically one to be a paedophile. One lived next door to me and was caught for it but I dont remember feeling any anger on the scale of wanting to commit murder.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:03   #153
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
Oh i could talk all day on the topic of paedophiles but the point is that Im not going to stoop low and ignore my educationb and my religion and say i'd be stupid enough to stoop to a paedophiles level and commit murder.
None of this makes any sense at all.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:03   #154
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
If this thread turns into a slanging match it will be closed so please get back on topic and please watch the bad language it is a family site and there are children on here.
I wouldnt have thought a topic discussing children being raped by adults and their parents killing them wouldnt be a suitable topic anyway for a family forum.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:04   #155
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
None of this makes any sense at all.
THE POINT IS:

I WONT STOOP AS LOW AS A PAEDOPHILE AND BECOME A DANGEROUS CRIMINAL

I WONT IGNORE MY EDUCATION AND DO SOMETHING OF SUCH SORTS
I WONT IGNORE MY RELIGION AND KILL ANOTHER HUMAN BEING

IS THIS SIMPLE ENOUGH FOR YOU.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:04   #156
I am Banned

Quote:
I discussed the issue in the thread, the thread consists of rational ideas of solving the problem and committing murder. I think its pretty pointless overall.

Please do me the honour of not being a sarcastic old bag and kiss my ass. I dont want to be a part of this stupid brown nosing group, I came here because I thought it was worthwhile and it turned out to be a load of absolute bollocks. People in accy are stupid and irrational. It makes me feel ashamed to be part of such a society.
Margaret has show you nothing but patience and coutesy on this thread and treating her this way is very unfair.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:04   #157

on the subject of chemical castration can i ask a question? If you knew a known paedophile who had received this treatment, would you feel it is now ok to let them be near your children?
Old 16-06-2007, 15:07   #158
Beacon of light

I'm sorry Blazey, I was under the impression you had had enough of the people on Accyweb and that you were leaving.
Murder......I don't recall talking about murdering anyone.
The thread is about Chemical castration for paedophiles.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:09   #159
Beacon of light

As for what is suitable for a family forum......that is the job of the moderators to decide.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:50   #160
I am Banned

I think that we should realise that with all crimes there are different levels of intent(mens rea), different levels of criminal behaviour and often there are mitigating circumstances(reasons for the offence). The law is not as black and white as people tend to think, far from it. You cannot say that a father who swats his son on the butt to get him to move a little faster should be punished the same way that we would punish an abductor that molests and murders a strangers child. Chemical castration may remove all sexual urges and indeed be a good idea as long as we are sensible. Paedophillia abhors me like it does a large amount of society. You don't let murderers off scot free but you also don't jail innocent people. Enough innocent people have been sent to jail to show that the legal system is imperfect. There will never be a clear cut answer to this topic and, people opinions will always differ. May I respectfully suggest that we leave it to the experts to decide? After all that's why they are called experts!
Old 16-06-2007, 15:56   #161
Beacon of light

I cannot think of any mitigating circumstances for what paedophiles inflict on children.
No-one suggests that a father who swats his childs butt to make him get a move on will be considered a paedophile....although it is a recognised fact that some paedophilc actions arise from family members.
An Expert is a drip under pressure...or that is what I was always lead to believe.
Old 16-06-2007, 15:59   #162
Give, give, give member

Quote:
educationb
Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
God help us all.

Resorting to personal abuse, especially to someone as fair minded as Margaret Pilkington, has just lost your argument even the minutest bit of credibility.

Old 16-06-2007, 16:00   #163
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I cannot think of any mitigating circumstances for what paedophiles inflict on children.
No-one suggests that a father who swats his childs butt to make him get a move on will be considered a paedophile....although it is a recognised fact that some paedophilc actions arise from family members.
An Expert is a drip under pressure...or that is what I was always lead to believe.
The point that I am trying to get accross is that there are different circumstances in EVERY case. I would happily sentence a paedophile that had been convicted beyond a reasonable doubt of say rape to death but, there are differences in each case. Where do you draw the line is my question?

Don't get me wrong I have no time or patience for paedophiles either.
Old 16-06-2007, 16:01   #164
Give, give, give member

I should imagine the start of the healing process of anyone abused as a child, would be that people believed them, and that justice was seen to be done.

Old 16-06-2007, 16:05   #165
Beacon of light

It is not for me to draw the line...it is for the judiciary. Yes, every case is individual and should be treated as such......but a paedophile is a paedophile and as far as I can see he could argue until the sea ran dry but I would doubt any mitigating circumstances...even the citing of child abuse in his own back ground could not excuse his actions....there was one paedophile who tried to tell the courts that the children 'enjoyed it'.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..