Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-06-2007, 17:29   #196
Beacon of light

Re: Paedophiles and Chemical castration.

Well actually I did take it that way, as it was mentioned in the same sentence.
I started what was a serious topic, looking for sensible and mature input to find that I am insulted and dealt with in a less than courteous manner when you don't even know me.
What I have posted has been the result of informed reading and experience.
I hope that we can get back on topic or I will contact the Moderator myself and get the thread locked.
Accrington Web
Old 16-06-2007, 17:32   #197

I was hoping for a serious debate too but got accused of being a paedophile for joining in. That was my only problem, not with you margaret but with the person who made that comment towards me.
Old 16-06-2007, 17:38   #198
God Member

Well I think I was insulted many times in this thread just for showing some concern over peoples needs to kill paedophiles and called sympathetic.

If some of you went back to school in this era I think alot of you would be shocked at what your taught.
Old 16-06-2007, 17:40   #199
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I think alot of you would be shocked at what your taught.
I think they were taught that 'your' should be you're.

Old 16-06-2007, 17:42   #200
Give, give, give member

...and anyway, I think what people have actually experienced throughout life, is a hell of a lot more relevant to this topic, than what is taught from a book in a classroom.

Old 16-06-2007, 17:49   #201
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
...and anyway, I think what people have actually experienced throughout life, is a hell of a lot more relevant to this topic, than what is taught from a book in a classroom.
Maybe thats why I know I wont kill a paedophile, my next door neighbour was convicted for having sex with a minor, what most people would certainly class as a paedophile.
I dont even think I felt any actual disgust at what he did, not in much of a passionate way anyway.

I don't even think I would feel the need to warn my sister about him (she's 8). Maybe there are different evels of paedophilia? I would put him on a low level but obviously I know that people have done alot worse than him.
Old 16-06-2007, 18:44   #202

A couple of years ago i heard about a guy who'd raped an 18th month old... a baby... I felt sick. Maybe there are levels.... I think molesting a young child is different from having sex with a minor... firstly having sex is consented, whether a teen is young or not... it's consented. It's still wrong and there is a limit, but some sicko wouldn't say no.

I'm not defending people like that, but when you see little girls in make up on television in pagents, 5 year olds in short skirts and boots and such, people wonder why there's paedophiles? Maybe that's a stupid statement but I do cringe when I see little girls dressed like that....

Also, anybody heard about Jeremy Kyle on Monday? They've got a paedo on there boasting about what he's done.... If I watch it I'll probably throw up like a lady in the audience did...
Lea
x
Old 16-06-2007, 18:57   #203
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ploppysirploppy View Post
A couple of years ago i heard about a guy who'd raped an 18th month old... a baby... I felt sick. Maybe there are levels.... I think molesting a young child is different from having sex with a minor... firstly having sex is consented, whether a teen is young or not... it's consented. It's still wrong and there is a limit, but some sicko wouldn't say no.

I'm not defending people like that, but when you see little girls in make up on television in pagents, 5 year olds in short skirts and boots and such, people wonder why there's paedophiles? Maybe that's a stupid statement but I do cringe when I see little girls dressed like that....

Also, anybody heard about Jeremy Kyle on Monday? They've got a paedo on there boasting about what he's done.... If I watch it I'll probably throw up like a lady in the audience did...
Lea
x
The pageants make me cringe aswell. I hadnt heard about jeremy kyle on monday though, what times it going to be on, i have an exam on monday

As for correcting my grammar garinda, its an internet forum not a novel. No need to be petty.

I said you'd be shocked at whats taught in school because children are taught to be more tolerable now of everything. If a child said in class they'd like to murder bad people they'd get a more negative response than if they said they should be locked up. Children aren't taught to think that way.
Old 16-06-2007, 19:08   #204

I have an exam too... and in the afternoon
It's on at 9.25am and then 1.30pm on ITV2.... I usually watch Jezza then but stupid afternoon exams get in the way.
Lea
x
Old 16-06-2007, 20:03   #205
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombraider View Post
I agree here. I think some people are stuck for serious debatable questions and answers so are trying to divert the thread topic to other levels.
Maybe a poll would get the general opinion?
Old 16-06-2007, 20:29   #206
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
Shucks, let's just shoot all the judges because one made a mistake, hang the perverts and lethal inject me so I don't have to listen to stupid comments!
ok , here we go
#1, Lord Longford as a peer of the realm, ex govt. minister etc, in my opinion was way out of line using whatever influence he had in trying to influence public opinion into thinking that Myra Hindley had been rehabilitated .
#2 , do you actually think that locking Myra Hindley for life did society any good whatsoever ?
#3, has has been mentioned in other posts, no one is advocating stringing up youngsters (teens) for having underage sex , what I think most sane folks want are the punishment to fit the crime , (notice I said Punishment and Crime) not treatment to heal the sickness, And messing with young kids is a crime
#4 methinks more is going here than meets the eye , could it be that "piltymon" is an anagram for .......maybe .....limp tony ? .........maybe the meds need increasing

Old 16-06-2007, 20:41   #207
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by piltymon View Post
Maybe a poll would get the general opinion?
Yes let's have a poll, we could call it which is the worst Piltymon or his daughter who can't stand the bloke? You have both done nothing to put forward any justifiable answers to Magaret's original questions, it's as if you are both trying to cover some evil secret with nothing but bluster, please go away and come back when you have sorted your own lives out, your bitterness is just clouding the issue.
Old 16-06-2007, 20:42   #208
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steeljack View Post
ok , here we go
#1, Lord Longford as a peer of the realm, ex govt. minister etc, in my opinion was way out of line using whatever influence he had in trying to influence public opinion into thinking that Myra Hindley had been rehabilitated .
#2 , do you actually think that locking Myra Hindley for life did society any good whatsoever ?
#3, has has been mentioned in other posts, no one is advocating stringing up youngsters (teens) for having underage sex , what I think most sane folks want are the punishment to fit the crime , (notice I said Punishment and Crime) not treatment to heal the sickness, And messing with young kids is a crime
#4 methinks more is going here than meets the eye , could it be that "piltymon" is an anagram for .......maybe .....limp tony ? .........maybe the meds need increasing

There were some 14yr old boys who forced a school girl to perform acts of oral sex on them at school a few months back.
Thats kids messing with kids so what is the solution to that?

One could argue children do these things is because we suppress a childs new sexual awakening at puberty until we feel its 'acceptable' to start practicing it.
Some societies allow children to express their sexual feelings at puberty so that they arent suppressed and they dont have sexual hang ups.
Maybe by suppressing sexuality of teenagers society are actually breeding these powerful and sometimes dangerous sexual desires in people?

Oh yeah also, Myra Hindley may have been released and classed as rehabilitated and she very likely still has sickening desires but on the other side, she's probably kept a very close eye on and is probably not allowed near children. I mean, she might have a new name but I'm pretty sure many people recognise her in the street.

Also Lea I believe we have the same exam, you mentioned studying law didnt you?

Last edited by blazey; 16-06-2007 at 20:44.
Old 16-06-2007, 20:47   #209
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes let's have a poll, we could call it which is the worst Piltymon or his daughter who can't stand the bloke? You have both done nothing to put forward any justifiable answers to Magaret's original questions, it's as if you are both trying to cover some evil secret with nothing but bluster, please go away and come back when you have sorted your own lives out, your bitterness is just clouding the issue.

excuse me but I was all for chemical castration and progression to full on castration so why dont you learn to read the entire thread?
My problem was with people who want to become murderers to solve the problem, whichI think personally is a very unethical idea compared to using scientific methods.
Old 16-06-2007, 20:53   #210
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
excuse me but I was all for chemical castration and progression to full on castration so why dont you learn to read the entire thread?
My problem was with people who want to become murderers to solve the problem, whichI think personally is a very unethical idea compared to using scientific methods.
Wrong, your problem is you are a teenager that thinks she has all the answers, but unfortunately you haven't, so butt out, take daddy with you and leave the adults to the thread because you have contributed nothing worthwhile to accyweb.
Closed Thread

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..