Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By cashman

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-05-2013, 12:57   #1
God Member

thinking of renting off twin valley

effected by bedroom tax and considering a move ?

well just so you know this is twin valleys idea of ready to move in to.Thats blackboard paint by the way which the 2 buckets of cheap runny emulsion they dumped in the hallway as a welcome present wont stand a chance in covering up.All teh walls are like that in the entire property and amongst the numbers for drug dealers and their rates you can find preston prisons number.

i always thought they were a good housing association and put hyndburn homes to shame by having high standards but this is a complete joke.Picture dosnt illustrate the smell of urine well but its there..

i cant post teh othe rpics they have extreemly nasty words written on teh walls that the swear censor wont allow me to write as an example

glad im not moving into this dump...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2013-05-04 13.07.19.jpg (499.1 KB, 47 views)

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 04-05-2013, 13:41   #2
God Member

Re: thinking of renting off twin valley

They know that many people are desperate for a roof over their heads and will accept anything.

When I accepted tenancy of this flat (councii owned, before HH took over) -
1 -Three of the hardboard doors were damaged (holes and deep scratches)
2 -The prev tenant had hacked a chunk off the edge of a kitchen work surface.
3 - there was a 3" round hole in a plasterboard wall
4 - the grotty worn and stained/stinking carpets were still in.
5 - kitchen cupboard doors had peeling melamine exposing woodchip.
6 - I got flea bites when attempting to remove carpets.

I was desperate to move and so accepted the tenancy.
Some the faults were corrected after I moved in, but I had to postpone moving until after fumigation (still paid rent for that time). The kitchen cupboard doors were replaced at MY expense.

Since HH took over, standards have improved a little due to the statutory obligation of housing associations to ensure that property meets set standards before re-letting.

If a paint job and a deep clean are all that is needed, you are lucky.
I had decoration done by HH as part of a disabled bathroom refurb. An apprentice made a slap happy job of it - I could have done better myself.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 15:00   #3
God Member

some of teh writing on walls is what i can only assume dealers phone numbers and prostitues shift rotas

wont get started on the botched electrics with wires which i can only hope arnt live been siliconed over

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 04-05-2013, 15:08   #4
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
some of teh writing on walls is what i can only assume dealers phone numbers and prostitues shift rotas

wont get started on the botched electrics with wires which i can only hope arnt live been siliconed over
If the electrics are that bad they can't possibly rent it out until it's safe.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 15:13   #5
God Member

to be honest less i didnt fancy poking at the silicone to find out im gonna go back over later with one of those screwdrivers that lights up if a wire is live.

maybe im expecting too much from a housing association that supposedly has won awards but it hardly screams welcome to twin valley and thankyou for choosing us does it

Last edited by accyman; 04-05-2013 at 15:15.
Old 04-05-2013, 15:32   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
to be honest less i didnt fancy poking at the silicone to find out im gonna go back over later with one of those screwdrivers that lights up if a wire is live.

maybe im expecting too much from a housing association that supposedly has won awards but it hardly screams welcome to twin valley and thankyou for choosing us does it
No mains cable properly fitted should be covered with silicon.

It isn't your job to check it, it's theirs, they should have corrected such things before offering it to anyone.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 15:36   #7
God Member

it should be presentable before even allowing viewings..

when i rented off hynburn homes the walls were bare and a hole in the living room ceiling plus a few other bits but nothing to the extent of a disgrace as this

i would be too ashamed to let anyone see i owned such a propperty.If this was a private landlord they would be called a slum landord if they let a property in this condition.

i havnt mentioned the blackbox bolted to the bedroom floor yet that has an ariel on it like a wifi aireal.If you walk into the bedroom you activate it and theres a noise belts out louder than any burgular alarm i have ever heard.Its pretty tough too i tried shutting it up with a lump hammer but it didnt budge or shut up.

theres no way on earth he can sleep there tonight with that racket and i bet the neighbours arnt happy either

Last edited by accyman; 04-05-2013 at 15:39.
Old 04-05-2013, 15:47   #8
God Member

Quote:
it should be presentable before even allowing viewings..

when i rented off hynburn homes the walls were bare and a hole in the living room ceiling plus a few other bits but nothing to the extent of a disgrace as this

i would be too ashamed to let anyone see i owned such a propperty.If this was a private landlord they would be called a slum landord if they let a property in this condition.

i havnt mentioned the blackbox bolted to the bedroom floor yet that has an ariel on it like a wifi aireal.If you walk into the bedroom you activate it and theres a noise belts out louder than any burgular alarm i have ever heard.Its pretty tough too i tried shutting it up with a lump hammer but it didnt budge or shut up.

theres no way on earth he can sleep there tonight with that racket and i bet the neighbours arnt happy either
What with the dodgy wiring and the entry warning system, it sounds as though it was used as a cannabis farm.

I understand your concern now.

I agree that it appears that Twin Valley are being legally negligent in offering anyone this tenancy in that state.

Old 04-05-2013, 16:01   #9
God Member

My house was originally owned by the council, ten years ago they where bought out by Twin Valley Homes, been in the house 17 years now and have never had a problem, wouldn't fancy moving now anyway, think I'm quite settled now

Accyman , what area is that house in?
Old 04-05-2013, 16:09   #10
God Member

im not too good with blackburn areas its near walker steel

even if its a rough area it shouldnt dictate what standards of letting are

i know tennants of twin valley you been one of them an dthis is why i thought they would be better than this

Old 04-05-2013, 16:20   #11
God Member

I recently read that it is common practice amongst housing associations to offer an 'undesirable property' to any person 'new' to them. (as opposed to an existing tenant moving).

I know two people who Twin Valley did this to, so it is quite credible.
Both of them managed to get moved after a year or more when they had shown themselves to be 'good tenants'.

Old 04-05-2013, 16:29   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

accyman likes this.
Old 04-05-2013, 17:12   #13
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
well said mate lol

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..