Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-09-2006, 10:04   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

This is an efficient Company

I've just had one of those 'Free yourself from debt by becoming our slave', envelopes come through the door.
I didn't used to bother opening those things until I realised that half the application form is now filled in for you, Name Address, post code and so on.
So now I always open them and shred the application, so no-one else can use it.
This one though Is a bit like Hyndburn council and their re-cycling policy in that they want you to do half their work for them.

A Nice simple form to fill in, what appears to be an excellent interest rate, (until you use the calculator), the thing is though once you've filled in the form you put it in their pre-paid envelope and then you have to tick a box on the outside!
It gives you a choice, I am a Householder, or I am a Tenant, now you might think that is so that they can pass each one over to the relevent department, but I think It's so that anything marked Tenant straight into the bin, no need to open, (very efficient), After all if you have bricks and mortar they will have you by the b*lls but a tenant can basically ignore their threats,.

So just like Hyndburn they expect you to sort their rubbish out for them.

Well as usual that was one for my white sack, erm Willow, it is the white sack for envelopes isn't? I remember reading something about it on the clean white sack that I put out but, the one I got back is covered in curry stains and other filth so I can't read the instructions!

If I could just find a way of attaching my white sack to my letter box I wouldn't have to worry about bills ever again.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 21-09-2006, 10:20   #2
God Member

Re: This is an efficient Company

If they had enough info to fill in part of the form then how come they dont know if you are a tennent or owner? As for recycling them then fair enough but what do they do with all this paper use it to fire a small poerstation to generate the electric to start the process again. Was there not a power station built that ran on rubbish from a local council?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 10:37   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
straight into the bin,
Silly me, just been thinking they wouldn't throw these envelopes in the bin, they would sell them on to one of those companies that collect peoples details and what better way of getting their details than by getting the people to fill in the forms anyway.
Old 21-09-2006, 11:07   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Was there not a power station built that ran on rubbish from a local council?
Can you burn Councillors? I suppose some would burn for longer than others
Old 21-09-2006, 11:14   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
Can you burn Councillors? I suppose some would burn for longer than others
One of them would be very difficult to light, he hasn't even smoked for nearly a year so to get him to burst into actual flames?
But I suppose looking at the size of him these days once you did get him to burn.......
No it wouldn't work the best we could hope for would be a smouldering heap that creates more problems than it solves!
Old 21-09-2006, 12:15   #6
Resident Waffler

Quote:
erm Willow, it is the white sack for envelopes isn't? I remember reading something about it on the clean white sack that I put out but, the one I got back is covered in curry stains and other filth so I can't read the instructions!
No, they don't like the glue so you're not supposed to put envelopes in!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 13:02   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
No, they don't like the glue so you're not supposed to put envelopes in!
Well in that case, I suppose when they root through my sack and find the many, many, many envelopes with my name and address on them, they can re-cycle one of them to use to send me a letter of complaint! (and guess where THAT letter will end up!).
Old 21-09-2006, 13:06   #8
God Member

Less you would get the letter of complaint plus the sack of envelopes with instructions on how to dispose of the properly.

If we are honest whats cheaper recycling 100 tons of rubbish or just burying it?

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-09-2006, 13:20   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J
Less you would get the letter of complaint plus the sack of envelopes with instructions on how to dispose of the properly.
Well as I have already said in another thread the day they tell me off is the day everything goes into the wheelie bin.

I for one don't remember being asked to join this re-cycle caper but I will do my bit towards it until some little hitler or his lacky threatens me because I didn't adhere to their overzealous rules!
Old 21-09-2006, 15:49   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Well as I have already said in another thread the day they tell me off is the day everything goes into the wheelie bin.

I for one don't remember being asked to join this re-cycle caper but I will do my bit towards it until some little hitler or his lacky threatens me because I didn't adhere to their overzealous rules!
Well if you get a complaint thro so will i Less as i had put envelopes in recycle well they are paperish otherwise my wheelie bin will get full & then they will complain some more - cant win
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..