Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-09-2012, 18:32   #61
Give, give, give member

Re: Time to Go Plastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon Kelly View Post
Just been notified of this today not sure whether it follows on from my email from last week however good to get the ball rolling however think that the figures need to based from 2011 to 2012 instead of 2008-2009 and 2009-2010.

If there was a problem back then surely shouldnt the initiative to be continue with this and not leave it for two years ?

Graham Jones MP: Lets make a night out safer...
Good, that it has our M.P.'s support.

It is a problem that's got worse over recent years, and needs addressing.

It might stop those many locals, travelling to what they think are safer places for a night out, stay in Accy.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-09-2012, 16:44   #62

as usual its a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority , i dont wanna drink out of a plastic pint glass and i dont wanna be told i have to , but i dont want my son or daughter to be permanently scarred or blinded because of some idiot
Old 11-09-2012, 17:24   #63
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHAZ1975 View Post
as usual its a case of the minority spoiling it for the majority , i dont wanna drink out of a plastic pint glass and i dont wanna be told i have to , but i dont want my son or daughter to be permanently scarred or blinded because of some idiot
Ya Chaz its a bit like Hobson's Choice really, the though of drinking a pint out of a plastic glass abhors me, but like you say you don't want your kids being scared, I have a granddaughter who is out down town every weekend, I hate anything to happen to her
Old 11-09-2012, 21:48   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Ya Chaz its a bit like Hobson's Choice really, the though of drinking a pint out of a plastic glass abhors me, but like you say you don't want your kids being scared, I have a granddaughter who is out down town every weekend, I hate anything to happen to her
Scared or Scarred?I assume both

My friend has a permanent scar on his forehead, for trying to intervene in a scrap, to stop somebody getting hurt :/
Old 12-09-2012, 09:25   #65
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by sugarmouse0707 View Post
Scared or Scarred?I assume both

:/
You'd think so if you'd been in the middle of it when it went off
Old 19-09-2012, 12:21   #66

Another Glassing incident in the Telegraph two nights ago in Rios in Whalley the lad was stood in the place and a glasss was thrown and hit him smack bang in the eye and shattered over his eye, The lads scarred for life now and possibly will have eye sight problems all from a night out
Leon Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-09-2012, 13:08   #67
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Theres always been glassings Leon, O.K. perhaps more so these days, But surely it all comes back to no real deterrent?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..