Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-11-2004, 21:14   #16
Senior Member+

Re: Tipples For Ailment!!!

couldn't find anything helpful on google, except perhaps that its made by Campari
vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 01-12-2004, 07:40   #17
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

It is a very strong liquer type stuff. It comes in a green bottle with a stag on the label. It's about 35% proof and costs roughly £10 in Asda. You drink it very cold so it should ideally live in your freezer. Hope this helps

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 07:44   #18
Resident Waffler

Is this thread just for alcoholic type remedies?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 08:02   #19
Senior Member+

What other type is there?
Old 01-12-2004, 09:28   #20

Jägermeister is German herbal schnapps (pronounced Yaeger-my-ster). Jäger meaning Hunter, Meister meaning Master: Master Hunter or Hunt Master.

It was originally used when out hunting to keep the hunters warm (and drunk occasionally), and no hunting group would be found dead without it (probably dead drunk if found at all). There are over a hundred other herbal schnapps, and when I come over in April next year I'll bring a couple of samples with me (Lettie you're first in the queue as you take Jägermeister regularly).

Schnapps are normally taken after a meal to aid digestion, and help get rid of a bloating feeling (pregnant women excepted).

Normally between 34%-45% proof, there are also many other types of vegetable or fruit schnapps(sometimes milder at 20%-30%). At home in Bavaria, the local one is called Bärwurz (Bear Roots), and is based on Celery!! or Celleriac!! (40% to 48%).

I can positively confirm that it kills rats as well!!! (shall I send some to Peter Britcliffe?)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:16   #21
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

Thanks Darby, I will certainly be first in the queue for the Schnapps. I will confirm that it does aid digestion and I don't see why more people don't drink it. Maybe other Europeans know something we don't but it is a very civilised ending to a big meal. I'm going to have to make sure that I have some in for Christmas. Maybe Staggeringman can have a little Jaegermeister behind the bar in the Stag for us Accy webbers after the Christmas meal.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 10:29   #22
mez
God Member

yes he does have them behind the bar in the stag thats where i had mine, well should i say i was introduced to it by st/man , & thanks again for buying it for me, mabe i should get some in for myself , purley medicinal.
Old 01-12-2004, 10:53   #23

Quote:
purley medicinal
Of course Mez!!
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2004, 11:07   #24
Senior Member+

I have only ever seen one establishment (pub) selling foreign tipple, and that was down near Eastbourne in East Sussex.

He was selling Ouzo and Metaxa - he was greek so this may have had something to do with it!
Old 01-12-2004, 16:22   #25
land of hope and glory

here we go you load of alcoholics!!!!!! AVE IT!!!!

http://www.jagermeister.com/welcome/welcome.com.aspx
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 13:17   #26
Resting in peace

Kummel is brilliant for settling tums, you can eat another plateful afterwards, also it tastes good.

Gin never fails. (Well, never has with me yet ...)
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2004, 16:22   #27
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by pendy
Kummel is brilliant for settling tums, you can eat another plateful afterwards, also it tastes good.

Gin never fails. (Well, never has with me yet ...)
pendy next time we meet remind me about the menorcan gin!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..