Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-05-2007, 11:36   #31
God Member

Re: Tony Is Off Soon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Strange isn't it then, that so many other countries managed to take the decision not to commit their troops to Iraq...but, then again, they weren't trotting along poodle-like behind Bush.
Tony in my opinion thinks that he could put the great back in Great Britain with his actions. Sadley though he has made a somewhat sticky warm smelly mess of it. Being a friend of the Americans can be a double edged sword and he was too blinkered to see it. He may have done some good for us as a nation but he will be remembered for the things he got wrong not the things he got right. There is a rumour in the rags that before he goes he wanted to back door the so called EU Constitution on us dispite the fact the powers it stripped from us would make is no more than a puppet state.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 02-05-2007, 11:48   #32
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
He may have done some good for us as a nation but he will be remembered for the things he got wrong not the things he got right.
Isn't that true for every PM except Churchill, though?
It's British culture, we can't help being pessimistic gits.
I blame the weather.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 11:55   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post
Isn't that true for every PM except Churchill, though?
It's British culture, we can't help being pessimistic gits.
I blame the weather.

Even Winston made a few major goofs and did some back door dealing with disasterous consiquencise.

Yep and its down top the weather this pessimism but global warming will help give us a sunnier disposition with luck.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 22:53   #34
white rabbits

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker View Post

Of course Blair has made mistakes & I can't speak for anyone else but in my opinion he's done a very good job over the past 10 years.
I am glad someone else agrees...I am a bit dubious of Gordon Brown though....
Old 02-05-2007, 23:49   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by grannyclaret View Post
I am glad someone else agrees...I am a bit dubious of Gordon Brown though....

The Brown term will probably be like the grey, and boring years under Major.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..