Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2008, 20:31   #16
God Member

Re: town and country planing gone mad

I don't see why she couldn't just advertise like everyone else. If everybody stuck up posters about things wherever they wanted it'd be a nightmare really wouldn't it.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2008, 20:33   #17
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: town and country planing gone mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by polly View Post
What about When the council when they put up notices (often on lanp posts) about planning applications?
What about perspective councillors when they put up posters?

One law for them sand one for us?
They will have probably given themselves 28 days notice.
Old 25-05-2008, 20:35   #18
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: town and country planing gone mad

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I don't see why she couldn't just advertise like everyone else. If everybody stuck up posters about things wherever they wanted it'd be a nightmare really wouldn't it.
Does the Telegraph still offer free ads for items found? They used to.
Old 25-05-2008, 20:38   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
Does the Telegraph still offer free ads for items found? They used to.
Not sure, but what about advertising it in a pet shop or something? And newsagents generally let you put ad's in the window.
Old 25-05-2008, 20:39   #20
Resting in Peace

Quote:
What about When the council when they put up notices (often on lanp posts) about planning applications?
What about perspective councillors when they put up posters?

One law for them sand one for us?
Think councils probably, are obliged by law, to do this to let people publicly know what is going on in an area.

Probably some prespective councillors notices are illegal if in public place, other than windows, etc. Can't recall any being on public property.

At the end of the day all fly posting is illegal.

Last edited by katex; 25-05-2008 at 20:43.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 20:42   #21
God Member

Quote:
It is obvious we cant have people going round being sociably responsible, helpful and trying to help their neighbours. What is the world coming to?
Agreed a big fuss about nothing
Old 25-05-2008, 20:48   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
Agreed a big fuss about nothing
Still disagree Bernie .. lots of shops,etc., will be willing to post notices re. the loss of this cat .. but to stick willy nilly in the streets, lamposts, trees, etc., is still irresponsible. As stated before, where would it end ???
Old 25-05-2008, 20:51   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Still disagree Bernie .. lots of shops,etc., will be willing to post notices re. the loss of this cat .. but to stick willy nilly in the streets, lamposts, trees, etc., is still irresponsible. As stated before, where would it end ???
Good on you Katex.

Talking sense as usual.
Old 25-05-2008, 20:56   #24
God Member

It is just another way for the council to get money out of somebody who was trying to be helpful. There were notices on all the lamp posts about planning application for Cannon Street Church conversion, why can they do it and nobody else? If It is anything like Accrington they would be better off using the resources to stop people parking on pavements.
Old 25-05-2008, 21:02   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by BERNADETTE View Post
It is just another way for the council to get money out of somebody who was trying to be helpful. There were notices on all the lamp posts about planning application for Cannon Street Church conversion, why can they do it and nobody else? If It is anything like Accrington they would be better off using the resources to stop people parking on pavements.
They've probably given the 28 days of notification of posting Bernie ... (and passed it themselves ..LOL) Have noticed a gap between Planning Applications and the notices to be honest .. could be wrong.

Don't actually think the Council involved in this .. will have to check back .. some advertising thingy ...

Think will probably be in here somewhere..

http://www.opsi.gov.uk/si/si1992/uksi_19920666_en_1.htm

Last edited by katex; 25-05-2008 at 21:08.
Old 25-05-2008, 22:49   #26

So what about those advertising signs on roundabouts ( the one near to the Arndale has them and also the one near the Dunkenhalgh? Makes you wonder if they are legal though the council sells them!!
Now although I see the marketing potential - not to mention the revenue ability for HBC- I would argue that they are a traffic danger and likely to cause an accident far more than some notice on a tree for a lost cat.
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 23:33   #27
Resting in Peace

Cats always have two homes -they are wild animals and live were they want unless they live near a takeaway
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-05-2008, 01:40   #28
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Cats always have two homes -they are wild animals and live were they want unless they live near a takeaway
A cat came walking into our house the other day and kept tripping me up in the kitchen, so I booted it back out of the door. It was really horrible, growled at me and everything and tried to scratch me every time I moved (before I kicked it )
Old 26-05-2008, 01:49   #29
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
i agree, bottom line is though to me she should have been informed she was commiting n offence n asked to remove em OR be prosecuted, thats common sense FFS she aint a " Brinks Matt" robber, shes an ordinary oik trying to return a lost pet, no wonder the worlds buggered up with people thinking like some of you lot.
Old 26-05-2008, 01:55   #30
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
i agree, bottom line is though to me she should have been informed she was commiting n offence n asked to remove em OR be prosecuted, thats common sense FFS she aint a " Brinks Matt" robber, shes an ordinary oik trying to return a lost pet, no wonder the worlds buggered up with people thinking like some of you lot.
Well said Cashy sometimes think we are on the wrong site these days, always thought the majority on Accyweb were there as friends(or like minded folk). Just hope I don't commit some terrible crime or I will be doomed

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..