Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-05-2008, 17:29   #1
Resting In Peace

town and country planing gone mad

a lady in denton manchester faces a heavy fine, she found a cat and put up posters to find the owner, but the town and country planing,(control of advertisements said she should have given them 28 days notice,
tosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-05-2008, 18:18   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: town and country planing gone mad

Quite funny really Tosh, however, can't have everyone sticking notices around our Boroughs at will.

Doubt whether this will lady will get fined at the end of the day; not set in stone of course...
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 18:27   #3
Senior Member+

would it not be classed as fly posting?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 18:37   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

dont really matter what its classed as, just another glaring example of the " System" gone nuts.
Old 25-05-2008, 19:21   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
dont really matter what its classed as, just another glaring example of the " System" gone nuts.
No, Cashy .. planning !!.. can't have every 'Tom, Dick and Harry' sticking posters everywhere !! All about keeping a district respectable .... etc., etc., etc. Just because is about a lady losing her cat (sad, I know and pulls at the heart strings) doesn't negate the fact that she shouldn't have done this !! The 'System' is working .. fact.

Don't know what type of poster you would have objection to.. but could be advert from anything from 'Gay Rights' >> 'Immigration problems' stuck on your garden wall/lampost. Would you feel the same ??
Old 25-05-2008, 19:44   #6
God Member

Thats the problem with only 1 Conservative on the council, no common sense
Old 25-05-2008, 19:51   #7
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
Thats the problem with only 1 Conservative on the council, no common sense
Don't be ridiculous Andrewb .. not about Politics .. just common sense .. !!!

She will probably not get fined at the end of the day, due to the context of her posts (sob, sob).... however, has to be noted as not acceptable as would encourage more postings in not so emotive subjects.
Old 25-05-2008, 19:56   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

She will probably not get fined at the end of the day, due to the context of her posts (sob, sob).... however, has to be noted as not acceptable as would encourage more postings in not so emotive subjects.
I agree with you, I just forgot to put '' at the end of my post.
Old 25-05-2008, 20:09   #9
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewb View Post
I agree with you, I just forgot to put '' at the end of my post.
Ok .. will forgive you.. LOL. Difficult when looking through blue lenses all the time...
Old 25-05-2008, 20:17   #10
Apprentice Geriatric

Unhappy Re: town and country planing gone mad

What about when the police put up a poster asking for witnesses to a crime or accident?
Old 25-05-2008, 20:20   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post

It is obvious we cant have people going round being sociably responsible, helpful and trying to help their neighbours. What is the world coming to?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 20:25   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
What about when the police put up a poster asking for witnesses to a crime or accident?
Not sure Polly, but sure there is some law that by-passes Planning Permission here. Do they pin on trees though .. ?
Old 25-05-2008, 20:26   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
What about When the council when they put up notices (often on lanp posts) about planning applications?
What about perspective councillors when they put up posters?

One law for them sand one for us?
polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-05-2008, 20:27   #14
God Member

I agree with Katex.

We can't have people pinning posters up willy nilly no matter what those posters may be concerning.
Old 25-05-2008, 20:29   #15
Senior Member+

what about the signs that say no fly posting?

I finally found someone daft enough to marry me, my wonderboy is 11, my monkeygirl is 3 and my bananaman is 2, my beautiful little flower was born in feb 2012
emamum is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..