Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 17:13   #31
God Member

Re: Tree Murders!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Prosecute the “gentleman of uncertain parentage” Trespass and vandalism. Tell him you want compensation are you’ll nail his dumplings to your Sycamores….. Its not funny when these idiots take action like this and plead innocents through stupidity….what the fairy in a hole was he doing in your garden in the first place?

His reason for being in my garden (whilst I was out with my Dad may i add) was apparently to trim overhanging branches from the sycamores and he thought he was doing us a favour by chopping 'what he thought' was roots expanding from the sycamores .......
Old 12-08-2005, 17:15   #32
land of hope and glory

Tinks i used to be a tree hugger untill one day when doing abit of hugging i had my nuts bit with a squirrel.........he......hee.have you got any squirrels in your garden?
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 17:18   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
Tinks i used to be a tree hugger untill one day when doing abit of hugging i had my nuts bit with a squirrel.........he......hee.have you got any squirrels in your garden?

LMAO!! Yes I do Stag and they are mean little sods ....... nut crunching, hob nail boot wearing son of a bitches !! ..... it's better to hug the trees at night while the squirrels are sleeping
Old 12-08-2005, 17:22   #34
land of hope and glory

just been in touch with special branch they are sending round two veterans of the wars in the bush,hope you find them useful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 6856062_scaled_293x340.jpg (22.3 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg 9591924_scaled_450x241.jpg (17.3 KB, 7 views)
Old 12-08-2005, 17:33   #35
God Member

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is one I just took from my garden they call him Tiny
Attached Images
File Type: jpg images.jpg (4.0 KB, 11 views)
Old 12-08-2005, 17:42   #36
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
My god he's had some nuts in his time...............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 17:46   #37
land of hope and glory

Quote:
just got what he wants tinks a nice squirrel called gary.hope they both get on..he.heee.
Old 12-08-2005, 18:01   #38
God Member

OMG PMSL!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!
Old 12-08-2005, 23:00   #39
God Member

oh my giddy ants. Just read this whole thread from start to finish and have gone through every emotion god gave me. But it's ended with once again regretting not going to the loo before going on the comp!!!

So cheers tinks!!!! hmph!

Seriously though it's a difficult situation cos you don't wanna fall out with them over a tree cos in life there is nothing worse than having nightmare neighbours. But the flip side is why should the tree terminator get away with it?? Hey he doesn't have a prize winning rose bush does he?? Or a greenhouse as my two lads have a mean kick with a concrete football, lol

I know this may come as a shock but believe it or not all views I may air on here are my own work!!!!!
harwood red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 23:40   #40
Senior Member+

The Lumberjack Song

I'm a lumberjack and I'm okay,
I sleep all night and I work all day.
He's a lumberjack and he's okay,
He sleeps all night and he works all day.

I cut down trees, I eat my lunch, I go to the lavatory.
On Wednesday I go shopping and have buttered scones for tea.
He cuts down trees, he eats his lunch, he goes to the lavatory.
On Wednesday he goes shopping and has buttered scones for tea.

I cut down trees, I skip and jump, I like to press flowers.
I put on women's clothing, and hang around in bars.
He cut downs trees, he skips and jumps, he likes to press flowers.
He puts on women's clothing? And hangs around in bars?

I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspendies and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa.
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels? Suspendies and a bra?

Bazf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 00:04   #41
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bazf

I cut down trees, I wear high heels, suspendies and a bra.
I wish I'd been a girlie, just like my dear Papa.
He cuts down trees, he wears high heels? Suspendies and a bra?

Thankyou for sharing this with us Bazf ............. maybe not the place but .......... hey I'm open minded
Old 13-08-2005, 01:03   #42
Member.

Quote:
Thankyou for sharing this with us Bazf ............. maybe not the place but .......... hey I'm open minded
I thought it was most appropriate, let’s face it. It’s got everything going for it, trees, choppers, lumberjacks and taking the bark……………..lol

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 09:35   #43
Give, give, give member

Oh dear, sorry Tinks.

Like Staggers said a neighbour can only legally lop off any branches off your tree if they overhang your property, and they do have to offer them back to you, not throw them in your garden!

When I lived in London I had a sycamore tree in my garden. My neighbour had a fear of insects and thought my tree attracted them, even though none of it over hung their garden.

She called a tree surgeon and told me I could have it removed for a hundred pounds. I told her I liked the tree because it afforded my garden some privacy from the houses behind.

On returning from holiday I discovered the insect hating nutter had paid the tree surgeon herself and the tree had gone completely.

I won't write what I said to her, because the swearing censor would go into overload.

The only positive thing was I didn't have to spend ages weeding out the seedlings from the sycamore, sent spiralling out on it's little spinning jennys.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 14:38   #44
God Member

Send a bill for the clean up and the stress it caused. Or turn a blind eye and reach a compromise, the rose bush sugestion may feel good at the time but in the long run could make it worse. Getting on with neibourghs meens respect from both sides which in the case T "hooligan neighbour" desided to ignore negating the need for niceties. Go and get the bam and give him a bloutering (verbally mind).

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-2005, 17:39   #45
God Member

I have decided to give him the benefit of the doubt that it was an accident ..... stupid or soft ............. you decide? I saw him earlier and shouted over "killed any trees lately?" I just received rather a sheepish smile off him which makes me believe he's telling the truth .... this man isn't usually stuck for words and what's done is done, complaing, shouting or screaming obscenities won't bring it back!

On an upside it has got me out of washing up ........ I've told the kids that I can't bare to look out the window while I'm washing up up at the spot were a once thriving tree was ....... they fell for it and have done the washing up I'm going to see how long I can milk it for now

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..