Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-08-2005, 13:18   #1
God Member

Angry Tree Murders!!

Does anyone know anything regarding cutting trees down? I have two beautiful big sycamore trees at the back of my garden that cause the wingeing neighbours to tell me to put a copper nail in them to kill because leafs fall in their gardens in Autumn ........... DUH that's what trees do and these trees are probably older than all the neighbours!!

When I came home yesterday one of these said neighbours has cut down a young but established Horsechestnut that borders my property ............ and I mean chopped it down not just cut it back .......... I am so mad I'm spitting I get on well with my neighbours and don't want to fall out with them (but I will if need be I'm so mad) I just want to get some facts before I go and have a 'polite' word with them!
Old 12-08-2005, 13:23   #2
Senior Member+

Re: Tree Murders!!

Do you want to borrow a baseball bat?

Failing that I am sure I could knock up a piece of wood with nails sticking out of it...!

vorlon24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 13:28   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by vorlon24
Do you want to borrow a baseball bat?

Failing that I am sure I could knock up a piece of wood with nails sticking out of it...!

Does wood from a horsechestnut tree make a good baseball bat?
Old 12-08-2005, 13:39   #4
God Member

Tell your neighbours to p*ss off. The only valid complaints they may have against you and your trees are that a) your trees are unsafe and b) your trees are doing a Leyandi and blocking natural light into their property. If neither of these apply, then what you do with your trees is none of their buisness.

Last edited by Tealeaf; 12-08-2005 at 13:42.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 13:41   #5
Member.

Here you go honey............have a read and clam yourself down. There’s plenty of time to get even. Now very calmly get you digital camera and take as many pictures you can of the damage that’s been done. Take record shots of your trees just in case they attack them……Also have a look at your photo collection of the garden to see if you have any of the murdered Horse chestnut.

http://www.treecouncil.org.uk/

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 13:46   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
Tell your neighbours to p*ss off.

That's one of the 'polite' things I'm going say along with "TOUCH MY ****ING TREES AGAIN I'LL RIP YOUR **** HEAD OFF AND *** **** ***** YOU COMPLETE *** AND UTTER **** ***!!! I do hope we don't have to fall out over it

Last edited by Tinkerbelle; 12-08-2005 at 15:44.
Tinkerbelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 13:47   #7
God Member

I'm sure I have been told that you can get a preservation order put on tree's.
Someone told me anyone can do this, with any tree that proves to be a influential part of that persons life. I might be wrong or have listened to some ol' billy bull!!!!

Just a thought though tinks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 13:49   #8
Member.

Remember trees have souls of a kind……….Cut it into manageable lengths and stack it carefully in a cross over pattern about five or six inches apart so that the air can pass through it. This is a drying process called seasoning. Once your horse chestnut is seasoned “dried” get your other half to get his tools out and between you build a sculpture of anything you like and position it directly in line of the offending neighbours view. This will not only serve to make them Jealous over your wonderful sculpture but serve as a warning if they touch anything else……..Alternatively wait until November the fifth the rest I leave to your imagination.

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 12-08-2005, 14:01   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slinky
I'm sure I have been told that you can get a preservation order put on tree's.
I think I'm going to have to look into something like that Slink because I think it was the same neighbour that made me move my fir trees saying that the roots would make his wall unstable, which ended up killing them off too! The chestnut wasn't even bordering his property!! You might have noticed it when we've been in my garden it was in the corner that borders mine, Dions and Simons

He's really p***ed me off this time I thought my trees were safe when Fred moved!
Old 12-08-2005, 14:05   #10
God Member

Tell him to keep him interfering, ugly, half witted, no good, fat head out of your garden or next time you will set MTHEAD on him...................(ok forget the last bit)!!!!!!!!!!

What right did he have to do that?? STUPIDO!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 14:05   #11
Member.

[QUOTE=Tinkerbelle]I think I'm going to have to look into something like that.

Ring the Town Hall or wherever HBC are these days and ask them if any of the trees in your area are protected already?

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Old 12-08-2005, 14:06   #12
Resting in Peace

Thumbs up Re: Tree Murders!!

just a suggestion hehehe

however if tree/s on ur land they can trim overhanging branches but have to make sure that the tree IS NOT DAMAGED or OPEN TO INFECTION

BUT you need to check with HBC and the tree warden just to make sure
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2005, 14:07   #13
God Member

An early bonfire night sounds good Doug and I can think of a perfect Guy Fawkes for the top of it, maybe 2 Guy Fawkes if I find out he had a little help from another neighbour!! GOD I AM SOOOO MAD !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 14:10   #14
God Member

Just a few sugestions from me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12-08-2005, 14:14   #15
Member.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbelle
An early bonfire night sounds good Doug and I can think of a perfect Guy Fawkes for the top of it, maybe 2 Guy Fawkes if I find out he had a little help from another neighbour!! GOD I AM SOOOO MAD !!!!!!!!!
Yeah, well don’t go splitting a stitch……………….Get on to HBC and then if you wish we could get together go and buy a new tree and then have a tree planting party with a wood fired Bar-bi. Smoke the out............

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..