Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2005, 21:00   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Turning over a new leaf.

I was always told that 'NICE' was a tired old word.....choose some other adjective.....please!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2005, 21:20   #17
Accy Red

Cricket Challenge Champion!

I'm sure my friend and yours Sir Cllr Britcliffe would like the new AB.

"At a football club, there's a holy trinity - the players, the manager and the supporters. Directors don't come into it. They're only there to sign cheques." - Bill Shankly
Bagpuss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 21:24   #18

OK how about Pleasant and Agreeable..................But NICE biscuits are NICE>
Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I was always told that 'NICE' was a tired old word.....choose some other adjective.....please!
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 21:48   #19
God Member

Actually, I don't think there's any need to panic yet. He hasn't said anything nice about MPA yet, that's when we should really be worried. By the way, A-B, did you get to Arden Hall?
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 21:51   #20
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Actually, I don't think there's any need to panic yet. He hasn't said anything nice about MPA
Typical Woman! going for his soft under belly! Thats like waving a red rag at a bull, you know he'll have to crack after this!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:35   #21

fireman I agree Nice biscuitsare nice but are ginger nuts?
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:37   #22

Oh yes BUT ONLY IN BED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:43   #23
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

bob do as the northern irish do NO SURRENDER,lol
Old 20-06-2005, 22:43   #24

I wouldn't know. I'm not ginger and my name isn't fred
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 23:47   #25
white rabbits

daft i call it .................................................r emember him
Old 21-06-2005, 02:16   #26
land of hope and glory

Do I detect the feeling that members would rather that I were not so "nice"?
its not being nice A-B its being truthful to everybody and not just yourself ! if you think a word should be spoken then let it be spoke, if you want to express yourself then forthwith,you and tealeaf can hold your hands up and say we spoke the truth!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 04:55   #27
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle Knight
Actually, I don't think there's any need to panic yet. He hasn't said anything nice about MPA yet, that's when we should really be worried. By the way, A-B, did you get to Arden Hall?
As it happens, the delightful Acrylic-Biff, the terrier with attitude, decided that since he was barely half way through shedding his waterproof coat, he didn't fancy the prospect of standing in a sodden field in the pouring rain while I cast a jaundiced eye over the proceedings and so he vetoed the idea. Oh, did I say jaundiced? I meant, of course, appreciative. This being Nice malarky takes a bit of getting used to, since it doesn't really come naturally.

But don't worry Gayle, I shall have plenty of "Nice" things to say about MPA and its sterling efforts to bring Art to the unappreciative struggling masses. You can rest assured I won't be leaving anyone out - that wouldn't be "Nice", would it.

I'm off to Fleetwood today to immerse myself in the work of Decimus Burton. Imagine, we have a whole town designed by this giant of Victorian Architecture right here on our doorsteps, We are so lucky. Acrylic-Biff is in disgrace following an unfortunate decision to rip the insole out of an expensive pair of shoes and so he will be staying at home. Ahh the simple joys of domesticity!
Old 21-06-2005, 07:41   #28
God Member

What a shame an iddy biddy bit of rain put you off but then again it's only what I expected. Never mind, there are always other opportunities. In fact, there's a further workshop on the 29th - see Enchanted Woodland thread.
Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 08:45   #29
Resident Waffler

I strongly suspect we could have a case of "invasion of the body snatchers" here That maylook like A-b but it's really an alien and the real A-b is ensconced elsewhere awaiting rescue. This could also account for why Acrylic-Biff is not accompanying the pseudo A-Bob on today's jaunt. The faithful hound knows his master.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 10:07   #30
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

An Open Letter To The Administrator.

Sir, as a regular reader (and minor contributor to this site), I have often suspected that the so called Acrylic-Bob was a professional writer paid by yourself to bring interest and controversy with regards to his many postings that we have seen on here.

I can only say that I am dissapointed that due to the behind the scenes changes that you have imposed on us you would think us stupid enough to be taken in by this spineless and rather poor substitute for the gentleman that used to do this column. I for one suggest that you do everything in your power to rectify this error in judgement that I hold you the mangement responsible for.
Am I correct in assuming that this is a very poor example of administration and that your next step once you have driven this noble tome from the face of the web, that you will be putting yourself forward as some mediocre politician for some Local authority?
If this is an example of your standards you should fit in very well.

(I would have signed myself off as disgusted of Tunbridge Wells but that might make Vorlon24 paranoid).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..