Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 25-06-2006, 17:18   #1
Give, give, give member

Question TV Nightmares.

I don't watch a lot of television, but always look through the weekly schedules to see if there's anything worth watching/recording.

This week's programming is very confusing for a simpleton like me. Both BBC1 and ITV has three different schedules depending on the football.

I don't understand it at all.

Any boffins please advise.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 25-06-2006, 17:42   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: TV Nightmares.

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I don't watch a lot of television, but always look through the weekly schedules to see if there's anything worth watching/recording.

This week's programming is very confusing for a simpleton like me. Both BBC1 and ITV has three different schedules depending on the football.

Even I can work that one out Garinda, would it not depend on whether England gets through tonight and, if so, wouldn't be worth putting up one of their better programmes against it in the forthcoming matches 'cause not many people would be watching.??

With ITV suppose summat to do with advertising contracts too.

Could be totally incorrect of course.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 18:11   #3
God Member

it depends if they get through yes, you get all those interviews etc but also if it goes to penalties. If it is extended, tonights soaps may have to be scrapped, and shown tomorrow instead, which would put them all behind, some programs may dissapear to show two episodes of the utterly vital to the british life soap opera.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 22:44   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex
Even I can work that one out Garinda, would it not depend on whether England gets through tonight and, if so, wouldn't be worth putting up one of their better programmes against it in the forthcoming matches 'cause not many people would be watching.??

With ITV suppose summat to do with advertising contracts too.

Could be totally incorrect of course.
No, both the Beeb and ITV know there are so many matches left, but it looks like they haven't decided which station are showing which. It says in the schedules coverage depends on if matches are shown live.

Still very confusing.

Old 25-06-2006, 23:35   #5
God Member

Quote:
No, both the Beeb and ITV know there are so many matches left, but it looks like they haven't decided which station are showing which. It says in the schedules coverage depends on if matches are shown live.

Still very confusing.
Its their way of making you tune in. As its down to ratings regaurdless of whats on they will entice bewilder and bewitch the public. Well try to anyway.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2006, 23:35   #6

Quote:

Come on Rindy you should know that football is the be all and end all of our whole "fifteen minute of fame/celeb obsessed" world. Both stations are frightened they may miss Posh, Colleen or any of the other WAGS (only found out today it means Wives And GirlfriendS - doesn't really work as an anacronym does it?) splitting a nail or having a strop at the match.The football is almost incidental.
Old 26-06-2006, 17:06   #7
Resting in Peace

not too sure but no footy on tonight
Ber999T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-06-2006, 19:23   #8
Full Member+

Quote:

I`d go on holiday if I was you, It`ll probably get worse.
Old 26-06-2006, 23:50   #9
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

was a cracking funny programme on tonight BBC2 @ 9-00 just caught it by accident, if you like a good laugh watch out for it= STILL GAME a load of jocks really funny.
Old 26-06-2006, 23:51   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Mick
I`d go on holiday if I was you, It`ll probably get worse.
I like the footy though. It's just so confusing when it says programme schedules a,b or c is dependant on if each channel is showing live football.

Why do they not know? They are showing them all regardless of England's progress.

They should have decided this between them months ago.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..