Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2010, 11:03   #91
God Member

Re: Two More Pubs Close

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I heard it went last week Taggy
Can you elucidate? What do you mean...'it went'? Has it shut, changed hands or what?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2010, 11:03   #92
Resting in Peace

Just come back from the local Telegraph office in Church and can confirm that it is shut.Apparently without telling anyone.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2010, 15:13   #93
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Can you elucidate? What do you mean...'it went'? Has it shut, changed hands or what?
Mtheads father told me last thursday it had shut
Old 15-02-2010, 17:52   #94
Resting in Peace

just heard Platts has shut as well - no conferfation as yet.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 13:34   #95

Not Accrington but many of you will have driven passed this land mark pub in Haslingden before the bypass opened, it also got a mention re Churchill stopping here, at one time I think the landlord came from Ossie

"The Commercial" 1 Manchester Road, Haslingden
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSCN0001.JPG (460.5 KB, 13 views)
File Type: jpg DSCN0003.JPG (385.8 KB, 10 views)
wadey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2011, 13:47   #96
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

used to sup in that un, along wi Roebuck n Victoria, back in the day.
Old 25-05-2011, 11:35   #97

Roebuck has applied to be turned into flats and The Victoria is an Italian

"The Roebuck" (Pub) 1 Charles Lane, Haslingden BB4 5EA | Flickr - Photo Sharing!

"La Veranda" (Used to be "The Victoria" and later "Tankards") 125 Blackburn Road , Haslingden , Rawtenstall , BB4 5HL | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Old 25-05-2011, 17:52   #98
Resting in Peace

The Trouble with what was the Tankards wadey was parking, just wondering where they'll park their cars. As for the Roebuck was A lion house if I remember rightly, there were quite a few pubs in the centre besides the buck, Bull, Bay Horse, Commercial, Regent, The Tack (Foresters) another which I can remember right at the top of deardengate plus Trades club and the Irish Land League, now how many are still open I don't know (maybe Jen can tell us) I know the Bull is but under another name
Old 15-07-2011, 11:44   #99
God Member

Pub re-opening!

The Plough in Ossy will be re-opening in August following extensive refurbishment.

There are pics of the interior design on their facebook webpage - looks very swish.

The Plough Hotel Oswaldtwistle | Facebook

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 12:07   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The Trouble with what was the Tankards wadey was parking, just wondering where they'll park their cars. As for the Roebuck was A lion house if I remember rightly, there were quite a few pubs in the centre besides the buck, Bull, Bay Horse, Commercial, Regent, The Tack (Foresters) another which I can remember right at the top of deardengate plus Trades club and the Irish Land League, now how many are still open I don't know (maybe Jen can tell us) I know the Bull is but under another name
Sorry Jaysay I've missed this post, The Commercial is now boarded up, The Foresters is due to re-open following a re-fit, The Crown is now The Green Squirrel, The Regent is shut and the signs removed, Trades still going strong, they were outside just after nine in the morning when I walked past ! Land League still open, The Bay Horse is shut but due to re-open and Tankards is still an Italian with bad parking, hope this helps
Old 15-07-2011, 15:07   #101
God Member

Would any of you lot like to stick your neck out and name the pubs that will close around Accy as a direct result of the Wetherspoon's bar opening?
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-07-2011, 17:41   #102
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by wadey View Post
Sorry Jaysay I've missed this post, The Commercial is now boarded up, The Foresters is due to re-open following a re-fit, The Crown is now The Green Squirrel, The Regent is shut and the signs removed, Trades still going strong, they were outside just after nine in the morning when I walked past ! Land League still open, The Bay Horse is shut but due to re-open and Tankards is still an Italian with bad parking, hope this helps
Thanks for that wadey, glad to see the Trades hasn't changed is the British Legion still open across from the GPO, if that's still there, after all its 25 years since I frequented that neck of the woods
Old 15-07-2011, 21:54   #103

Still going strong on Lower Deardengate

British Legion Haslingden:: OS grid SD7823 :: Geograph Britain and Ireland - photograph every grid square!
Old 15-07-2011, 21:55   #104

But Helmshore Legion is now a house

Old British Legion Club, Holcombe Road, Helmshore:: OS grid SD7820 :: Geograph Britain and Ireland - photograph every grid square!
Old 15-07-2011, 22:04   #105
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Would any of you lot like to stick your neck out and name the pubs that will close around Accy as a direct result of the Wetherspoon's bar opening?
yep i will, its being done up at the moment,but the "Railway" is my number 1, hope i'm wrong but its were my money would go.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..