Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-05-2006, 16:07   #1

Underage Drinking.

Has anyone come across youngsters who are three sheets to the wind around the Accy centre Church Street area.I know we probably all used to imbibe before our eighteenth birthdays,but I seem to be seeing a lot of 13-15year olds the worse for wear.Where are they getting the stuff and how are they affording it?
I believe the Police are having another operation to stop this.Not before time
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 03-05-2006, 16:26   #2
I am Banned

ah, what its like to be young!
bad breath brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 16:38   #3
God Member

Re: Underage Drinking.

ahh the memories
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 17:40   #4

Thumbs up Re: Underage Drinking.

Ah yes,but if you were fully commited to blotto land; how do you remember?
Lampman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 17:42   #5
God Member

I was a relatively good lad, see. 'Cos I was always the one that got served lol
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 18:07   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by shakermaker
I was a relatively good lad, see. 'Cos I was always the one that got served lol
Is that Michael Brooks in your picture?
morgan_brotherz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 18:46   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lampman
Has anyone come across youngsters who are three sheets to the wind around the Accy centre Church Street area.I know we probably all used to imbibe before our eighteenth birthdays,but I seem to be seeing a lot of 13-15year olds the worse for wear.Where are they getting the stuff and how are they affording it?
I believe the Police are having another operation to stop this.Not before time
I don't live in Accy but its the same in my area,young boozers who can't get in the pubs take to the streets with bottles and cans and basically are a law unto themselves.They know the cops will do nothing until there's a complaint and then it takes them at least half an hour to get there.
I don't normally complain about anything but these young thugs really do PI** ME OFF.
jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 19:17   #8

to the question to how they get it.... When i was around 18-22 i have been asked a few times " can you buy fags " or " can you get us some drink " I guess its only a matter of time of asking strangers in the street till they get somebody that will actually do the task for them. Some most likely steal it from shops and/or parents
Old 03-05-2006, 20:23   #9
I am Banned

most 13-15 year olds look old enough to buy drink nowadays and yes they can afford it as you can get a bottle of cheap cider thats more than strong enough for cheaper than what you can buy a bottle of two litre coke with?
believe it or not alot of the youngsters parents actually buy them beer for the weekend and for going to their friends house with, i know quite a few people who have done that.
it just winds me up that half of these kids look older than me and everywhere i go i get asked for id.
baby boo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 21:14   #10
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robdunn24
to the question to how they get it.... When i was around 18-22 i have been asked a few times " can you buy fags " or " can you get us some drink " I guess its only a matter of time of asking strangers in the street till they get somebody that will actually do the task for them. Some most likely steal it from shops and/or parents
a lot of shops around accy would serve a 5 year old with booze there isnt realy a need to ask people to buy it for them
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 23:05   #11
God Member

This neck of the woods the kids prefer Buckfast MD20/20 and cheap vodie. It is bad enough at the weekends that I will not go near the shops as I am fed up of being haranged for drink purchasing duties. At the end of the day I dont want to encourage them nor do I want a fine for buying it for them.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 23:09   #12
Resting in Peace

Not wanting to start any controversy here, however .... has been quoted to me on the smoking issue that no wonder my children smoke (one given up though, grandaughter now at it) when you do !!. OK, point taken, not arguing, but how many of us have drinks in the house nowadays, so in the same sort of catergory, can't blame the kids either, can we ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2006, 23:18   #13
God Member

We are leading by example and a bad one at that.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 00:44   #14
BOB

shop in baxenden got fined £200 last week in a sting set up by trading standers team should have been £5000
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 07:03   #15
Resident Waffler

Affording it isn't a problem judging by the amount some get as spending money.

They probably think they look grown up and clever. They just look stupid.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..