Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 16-02-2008, 20:01   #1

Underage Drinking

Aya ive just been to the shop only to face being haveing abuse shouted at me with the drunken yobs.even though i did say to them that my young daughter in the car and theres no need for that sort of language from children there age ,which just made um even worse.these yobs were kids of about 11 to 13 maybe with beer in there hands ,i think that there are too many off licences these days as nearly every shop sell it as well as every supermarket limit the sales to 2 or 3 shops a town that way they cant buy it and cause this sort of problem its just getting out of control what do you think??????????????
whatsupp is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 16-02-2008, 20:06   #2
God Member

Re: Underage Drinking

Where was this?
Old 16-02-2008, 20:17   #3
God Member

You should report that shop to the police -- they will arrange for an illegal test purchase and they may well lose the licence.
MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 20:19   #4

although im a ossy lad i now live in fleetwood ,but this is happening in every town no matter were you live and its getting worse ....
Old 16-02-2008, 20:25   #5

Report the incident, at least it will get logged ( I think ) The Police may even have a patrol car nearby just cruising around able to take a peep.
Old 16-02-2008, 20:34   #6
God Member

I work in an Off Licence in Accy and know the police would love to hear about youths intimidating people outside a shop
When we have problems with youths outside, the police are never normally too far away
Even more so now with an incident that happened in January and other incidents around that area since
We now have the Community police officer popping his head in the door a couple of times a night
When I am working I just go out and tell the youths to get lost cos some of our customers will not come in for fear of being hounded by these people and it aint fair on them
AccyLass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 22:41   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

ya gotta report it, the foul language was in front of YOUR kids.
Old 16-02-2008, 23:05   #8

thankyou for all your replys if this happens again i will report it .if only to give the law a chance as half the time the even the shop keepers tread on thin ice with um and dont report um
Old 16-02-2008, 23:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by whatsupp View Post
thankyou for all your replys if this happens again i will report it .if only to give the law a chance as half the time the even the shop keepers tread on thin ice with um and dont report um
Whilst I avoid stepping into threads which effect me professionally, I have to agree that you should report it. The authorities rely on information from the general public - and are always grateful for the information and support they receive. If nothing else, at least your complaint can be logged which means authorities can use it as intelligence to support any work they may wish to do in the area.

Cos it rocks!!!

"I have often regretted my speech, never my silence." - Xenocrates (396-314 B.C.)
MikeSz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 23:23   #10

I love it when they ask me to go in the shop for them, i go in and buy myself something with thier money then just walk off (only done it once but it was so worth it lol). But seriously i hate the little you know whats, i dont get how they get away with getting beer without an adult going in for it, i get asked for id when buying fags.
Old 16-02-2008, 23:40   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedy View Post
I love it when they ask me to go in the shop for them, i go in and buy myself something with thier money then just walk off (only done it once but it was so worth it lol). But seriously i hate the little you know whats, i dont get how they get away with getting beer without an adult going in for it, i get asked for id when buying fags.
It must be people going in for them, I'm 3 months off 18 and I'm still IDed if I try to get served.
SamF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2008, 23:43   #12
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamF View Post
It must be people going in for them, I'm 3 months off 18 and I'm still IDed if I try to get served.
depends on the shop sam i know a couple.
Old 16-02-2008, 23:46   #13

he he ...i recon your rite speedy .and i dont mean to put people out of a job or owt but a corner shop should be just that ,cuz if people want beer then im sure that they wouldnt mind going to a booze shop not were folks want the day to day bits and bobs its like every shop has to sell booze why? do we realy need that many offys?
Old 16-02-2008, 23:49   #14
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

thats an idea i like, would be much easier for the authorities to moniter if that were the case.
Old 16-02-2008, 23:53   #15

it would certianly cut down on the police demand im sure

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..