Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 14:03   #31

Re: Unisex toilets plan for schools

Quote:
Originally Posted by mothernature View Post
What idiot thought this up? I asked my children about this and they are horrified at the idea. Girls don't want to share toilets with boys especially when they are learning to cope with their body changes. According to my daughter it was bad enough having toilets next to each other. The boys were always trying to sneak in and because the teachers didn't have the powers to deal with them the girls eventually took to standing guard at the main door. Cubicles are not safe enough. All public toilets I've used or cleaned have open tops and the doors are easy to crawl under. Bad Bad idea. Where's the common sense gone from this government?
i totally agree - i work in a school and as the boys and girls are next to each other and both have doors on before entering there is a toliet lady on duty
mrjdallen is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2007, 14:14   #32

What,s happend to the people to day and whats going on at the schools the way we was when we was there as gone by now and i think the kid will be running them for them self,s in a bit.
mallard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 15:16   #33
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Perhaps they'll be like some of the unisex loos in France, with attendents to brush you down, wipe your hands with a warm towel, and proffer an array of colognes.

Any tips could be given to school funds.
I remember those ... Back in 1970 I and a couple of friends from the wilds of Saskatoon visited England, got roaring drunk, and somehow ended up in Paris ... vistited Les Invalides and in due course needed to take a leak ... lo and behold, a unisex bog .... actually it was one of the nicest bogs I had ever been in ... much better than the bog at Accy Grammar were we had to go to puff on our woodbines.

But I do think that taking a leak, or a dump, is a private thing ... some people I know will try to hold it until they get home, so that they can sit on their own flush. Communal urination and defecation are enough challenge for a lot of folks ... unisexing it may make it more difficult.
But, kids today are definitely a different generation ... just as different from us as we were from our parents. They will be able to handle unisex bogs ... but this still does not make them a good idea. (The bogs, I mean, not the kids)
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 16:11   #34
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Unisex toilets plan for schools

Quote:
much better than the bog at Accy Grammar were we had to go to puff on our woodbines.
We at the Ossy tech Eric could only afford Bar One, Double Ace, Nosegay and on the rare occasion Park Drive. We would practically kill for a Senior Service, Players or Capstan.

Some guys smoked "Bend Down Virginias" or "Guttersnipe" but only when it hadn't rained.
Old 12-07-2007, 16:42   #35
Resident Waffler

BTW, just thought I'd add that I may well be an old fogey but I'm far from out of touch with youngsters of today as I have two teenage daughters, one 16 and one almost 13 and they think this is a bad idea.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 17:02   #36
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
We at the Ossy tech Eric could only afford Bar One, Double Ace, Nosegay and on the rare occasion Park Drive. We would practically kill for a Senior Service, Players or Capstan.

Some guys smoked "Bend Down Virginias" or "Guttersnipe" but only when it hadn't rained.
Were double ace the ones that came in packs of four for 6d? I still remember carrying a pin so that one could stretch out the dockers. My grandad smoked Capstan Full Strength, and I could sometimes nick one of those. I think that the smell of fag smoke was the only thing that made the bogs bearable. But I do remember a little bullying in the bog ... nothing serious, stick some new kid's head in the flush and pull the chain ... maybe a kick in the butt as he gets his hair washed for free.
Old 12-07-2007, 17:28   #37
Apprentice Geriatric

Cool Re: Unisex toilets plan for schools

They came in packs of five in an open ended paper pack. I can’t remember how much they cost but we could get a single for 2d from some shops.
Old 12-07-2007, 17:38   #38
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambutty View Post
They came in packs of five in an open ended paper pack. I can’t remember how much they cost but we could get a single for 2d from some shops.
Now I remember ... they were Domino ... they came in an open ended paper pack too. You had to be careful how you held the suckers or all the tobacco would run out.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..