Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2010, 17:42   #1

Vandalism on the coppice

I was walking on the coppice yesterday, following the footpath alongside the bypass, down past the underpass and around onto Plantation road.

I took a detour alon a footpath near the lodges and came across a derelict barn (at some stage somebody had obviousdly had plans to develop it as it looks half built)

The bar has been devestated, there is graffiti everywhere and it looks very unsafe, who owns it ? Should the council not force them to make it safe as it is alonside a footpath ?
alistair is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 12-07-2010, 18:37   #2
God Member

Re: Vandalism on the coppice

welcome to accyweb
Old 12-07-2010, 18:56   #3

Thankyou, sorry for not introducing myself first haha.
Old 12-07-2010, 18:57   #4
God Member

lol, go to the 'introduce yourself' section
Old 12-07-2010, 23:38   #5
God Member

talking about vandalism of the coppice have they caught the people that are part of a cult of some sort that keep sneaking up there each year and errecting that bloody cross ?

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 23:48   #6
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
talking about vandalism of the coppice have they caught the people that are part of a cult of some sort that keep sneaking up there each year and errecting that bloody cross ?
Cheeky sod , i helped lug it up once in early 70s. n ive ofen been called a cult.
Old 13-07-2010, 00:05   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Cheeky sod , i helped lug it up once in early 70s. n ive ofen been called a cult.
How did you manage to escape, before they nailed you to it?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 01:06   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistair View Post
I was walking on the coppice yesterday, following the footpath alongside the bypass, down past the underpass and around onto Plantation road.

I took a detour alon a footpath near the lodges and came across a derelict barn (at some stage somebody had obviousdly had plans to develop it as it looks half built)

The bar has been devestated, there is graffiti everywhere and it looks very unsafe, who owns it ? Should the council not force them to make it safe as it is alonside a footpath ?
"The bar has been devestated"...most likely some Rovers supporters mad on mushrooms looking for cheap beer... I remember getting up near Hapton and seeing upright stones with black magic symbols plastered on them.. it's just kids messing about.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 07:33   #9
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I remember getting up near Hapton and seeing upright stones with black magic symbols plastered on them.. it's just kids messing about.
That's what the Italians said, when the fish sign started appearing on walls all over Rome.

If you don't nip there things in the bud, they can spread like wild fire. As happened with Christianity.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 08:00   #10

Quote:

I'm on the committee for Hyndburn Ramblers and we have a footpath officer for this area. I could try and find out for you...... xx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 08:26   #11
Senior Member+

Nowts safe up there with the kids, just look at the new benches that got put on the steps leading up the front of the coppice which got set on fire the first few days they were there?! The Coppice was my big play ground when I was growing up but was taught to respect it and it gets me mad that these days they dont seem to care
heth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 08:55   #12
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
How did you manage to escape, before they nailed you to it?

Was a very lucky escape, you can still see the marks of one nail
Old 13-07-2010, 13:28   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'erindoors View Post
I'm on the committee for Hyndburn Ramblers and we have a footpath officer for this area. I could try and find out for you...... xx
Its actually on footpath (FP130) behin Brocklehurst woods up near the bypass, its an awful shame as somebody has obviously spent some money on it at one stage. Its half fallen down now though and cant really be safe so close to a public right of way.
Old 13-07-2010, 14:57   #14
Senior Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
Blimey, was this part of some Penance Cashy?? Lol!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-2010, 15:25   #15

Quote:
Its actually on footpath (FP130) behin Brocklehurst woods up near the bypass, its an awful shame as somebody has obviously spent some money on it at one stage. Its half fallen down now though and cant really be safe so close to a public right of way.
Ok, I asked and was told to let you know that you are better off contacting the council. If the building needs to be made safe then the council will either contact the owner to do the work or do the work themselves then bill the owner.
Hope that helps, xx

http://www.hyndburnramblers.co.uk/
'erindoors is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..