Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-01-2012, 09:28   #1
Resting in Peace

Very Strange

Something very strange happened this morning. I was talking to my carer about 9-30am and was talking about meeting Joan 23 years ago, I was telling about a friend of mine Roy Story, and I just said you might know him, he was a singer on the club circuit, his stage name was Roy Demaine, I hadn't a chance to add to that when Roy appeared at my front window, very scary, seeing I haven't seen him for about 3 months. has anything like that happened to you
Old 20-01-2012, 11:40   #2
God Member

Re: Very Strange

Yes often - it's a conspiracy

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 15:04   #3
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
or a peeping tom

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 17:49   #4
Resting in Peace

Quote:
That's just a theory Margaret
Old 20-01-2012, 17:49   #5
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
or a peeping tom
No he's called Roy accyman
Old 20-01-2012, 18:03   #6
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
Something very strange happened this morning. I was talking to my carer about 9-30am and was talking about meeting Joan 23 years ago, I was telling about a friend of mine Roy Story, and I just said you might know him, he was a singer on the club circuit, his stage name was Roy Demaine, I hadn't a chance to add to that when Roy appeared at my front window, very scary, seeing I haven't seen him for about 3 months. has anything like that happened to you
No ... never anything like that ... people just appearing, weird. You mean he appeared out of nowhere
Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 18:05   #7
Resting in Peace

A very similar thing happened to me many years ago. In 65 I went on a cruise where I met a girl called Val who lived in Farnham in Surrey, I spent the whole cruise with her and she even came up here for a weekend after we return, but with the distance a big problem we called it a day. The year after I again went on a cruise on the same ship the SS Rena Del Mar, we were due to sail at 10pm on Sunday, so we traveled down over Saturday night spent the day in London having left our luggage at Waterloo station, we were due to catch the boat train at 7pm but it was delayed. Waterloo station was a dead end station in those days don't know about today, but there were about 15 to 20 platforms, so while we were waiting I went for a walk down the concourse looking at the signs above the gate, when I came across Farnham, my mind went back to the previous year, when I looked down and there was Val stood in front of me, another very strange thing
Old 20-01-2012, 18:08   #8
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric View Post
No ... never anything like that ... people just appearing, weird. You mean he appeared out of nowhere
At the exact time I mentioned his name he appeared at my front window, Eric, hadn't seen him for ages and wasn't expecting to see him, just very uncanny
Old 20-01-2012, 18:14   #9
Senior Member+

I sent a text message to friend on monday evening suggesting we meet up and she sent one to me with the same idea at exactly the same time, to the minute! Very curious...
Old 20-01-2012, 19:12   #10
Resting in Peace

Pure coincidence, in my opinion, Jaysay.
It's like when you feel someone is looking at you .... 9 out of 10 times, they won't be, but you remember the one time that someone is.
I had similar on Tuesday. Friend I had not spoken to for nearly 3 months rang me just at the time when I was inspecting a Planning Applicatio put in by their next door neighbour, and was wondering what my friend thought about it. 'Course, I said ... "Wow, was just thinking about you !", however, had thought about her many times over the past few weeks, but she never appeared then.
I remember Roy Storey.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 19:22   #11
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Its more than coincidence its weird that anyone should visit jaysay.
Old 20-01-2012, 19:27   #12
God Member

Syncronicity increasing is a sign that humans are becoming aware of their collective conciousness.

Telepathy will come next.

We are regaining our lost 6th sense.

Old 20-01-2012, 19:34   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Syncronicity increasing is a sign that humans are becoming aware of their collective conciousness.

Telepathy will come next.

We are regaining our lost 6th sense.
Just like Councillor Troy, we'll all become Betazed's. Chief O'Brien beam me up.
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-01-2012, 20:04   #14
God Member

Haven't you noticed that some people are unpleasant to be near to or to have any contact with?
...and I don't mean the smell..... they are 'emotionally draining'.

It's what is commonly referred to as 'bad vibes'

Old 20-01-2012, 20:07   #15
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
At the exact time I mentioned his name he appeared at my front window, Eric, hadn't seen him for ages and wasn't expecting to see him, just very uncanny
Will you do something for me?

At the same time tomorrow, could you try thinking about Shergar, and Lord Lucan. and I'll pop up with my camera.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..