Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-02-2012, 19:49   #1
I am Banned

Russian Justice

This is how the Russian Navy deals with Pirates.

Why Somali pirates don't mess around with Russian boats anymore. At least these Somali pirates don't.

It's good to know that Political Correctness is in it's proper place in Mother Russia

The link is to a video showing what happens when the Russian Navy Captures some Somali Pirates.

The Russians capture the Pirates, tie them up and put them back on their boat then set their boat on fire.

No PC bollox here.

The video shows the Russian Navy Commandos on a Somali Pirate ship shortly after the Pirates had captured a Russian oil tanker. The European Union Navy that patrols these waters would not interfere because they feared there could be casulaties.

Most of the dialog is in Russian except for when a wounded pirate tells the Russian in English that it's a fishing boat. The Russian Commando replies 'This is not a fishing boat'.

The commandos sank the pirate ship along with the pirates and without any court cases or lawyers or bleeding heart liberal do gooders interfering.

That is, they used the anti-piracy laws of the 18th and 19th centuries where the captain of the rescuing ship has the right to decide what to do with the pirates. Usually, they were hanged.

If it was the British Navy that had captured them, all they would have done is fed them, and granted them all asylum.

300 ??? ???? ?????... - "??? ???? ? ?????????". ????????, ???????.

Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-02-2012, 21:05   #2
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Re: Russian Justice

Well i bet the Somali Pirates seriously think twice before Hi-Jacking another Russian Ship.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:19   #3
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Are the pirates actually still aboard ? I know the Russians tend to be very heavy handed but I think they've(the Pirates) probably been battered about a bit, but carted off somewhere, can't see them being set on fire with their ship as the outcry would be overwhelming.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:27   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinGermany View Post
Are the pirates actually still aboard ? I know the Russians tend to be very heavy handed but I think they've(the Pirates) probably been battered about a bit, but carted off somewhere, can't see them being set on fire with their ship as the outcry would be overwhelming.
I wondered that, But its the thought that counts.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:31   #5
Senior Member+

Maybe we should let the russians sort out that abu qatada bloke , but definitely leave him on the boat.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:37   #6
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
Maybe we should let the russians sort out that abu qatada bloke
Don't reckon he'd dare open his foul mouth if he was in Russia.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:39   #7
I am Banned

Quote:
Do you think the Russians would give a monkeys about any outcry.
Their reply would probably be sort the problem, or we will.
If they didn't go down with their boat, surely the Russians would have put them on public display in a show trial.
Retlaw
Retlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 21:50   #8
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

No I don't suppose they care really, but old Putin (and as far as I can see it's still him pulling the strings in the background) likes to be shown as part of the new benign & more open Russia.

If anything they've probably been carted off to the hinterland & quietly dispatched never to bother anyone again & at some point in the future mass graves will be found similar to their modus operandi in Afghanistan in the 80's.
Old 08-02-2012, 21:53   #9
Senior Member+

Probably on a nice goulag somewhere now enjoying good old russian hospitality
Old 08-02-2012, 21:55   #10
Senior Member+

Quote:
Don't reckon he'd dare open his foul mouth if he was in Russia.
True dave maybe we should follow their lead a little more instead of having to listen to all knowing do gooders
Old 08-02-2012, 22:05   #11
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by walkinman221 View Post
True dave maybe we should follow their lead a little more instead of having to listen to all knowing do gooders
110% Mate
Old 08-02-2012, 22:34   #12
God Member

Quote:
i dont think russia would give a hoot about some bleeding heart liberal crying about them doing this.Russia is in a very envious position of not having its hands tied by europen law and having a government willing to take action against those who wish to harm them unlike our government who will house ,feed and pour money into the pockets of those who wish to see us dead.

if memory serves correctly the US marines slaughtered some of these pirates.What i mean is they cut them in half with gun fire and rightly so.

Even the French dealt with another pest of teh sea and torpeedoed the rainbow warrior with the greenpeace goons still on board infact i still chuckle to this day at that incident lol

Seems to me the country with the least balls is ours which is pretty shamefull considering no one used to want to pick a fight with this tiny island

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 08-02-2012 at 22:39.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 08:58   #13
Resting in Peace

Quote:
110% Mate
What only 110% Dave
Old 09-02-2012, 10:23   #14
JFT96

Assuming it is true, Good on the Ruskies.

Steve Hogarth, lead singer Marillion
Boeing Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2012, 11:00   #15
God Member

Watching the video, I noticed at one point, one of the marines asking where the pirates came from. Pakistan was mentioned. And I thought, 'why does that so not surprise me?'.

Three cheers for the captain and his crew.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..