Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 15-02-2007, 14:33   #16
God Member

Re: Waiting in for Nowt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mick View Post
Well its 2pm and we are still stuck here waiting for the gas people to come to change the meter.
This is at there request not mine .
Leave a note in the window saying " sorry I was out when you called......please call back tomorrow at 2pm to gain access"

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 15-02-2007, 17:54   #17
God Member

Quote:
Well its 2pm and we are still stuck here waiting for the gas people to come to change the meter.
This is at there request not mine .
Time to play them at there own game.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 22:25   #18
Accy Goddess

Well guess what!
You got it.
They didn't turn up.
This really is one of my pet hates when people say they are going to do something then don't.
It really is the height of bad manners.
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-2007, 22:27   #19
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ANNE View Post
Well guess what!
You got it.
They didn't turn up.
This really is one of my pet hates when people say they are going to do something then don't.
It really is the height of bad manners.
You and me both Anne...... I hate people that say they will come then don't after you have waited in..........

And lateness.............that is MY MOST hated thing ever!!!! I bloody hate lateness. I'm never late, therefor others shouldn't be.

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-02-2007, 08:25   #20
Resting in Peace

Well i just rang them to find out what the hell went wrong was told its not the gas company changing it but united utilities so i rang them and they said they had been but nobody was in i told them i stopped in all day and nobody called he said they did call and do i have a red door er NO i dont have a red door its wood colour Ho he must have gone to the wrong house,
i said yes he must
so now they are going to come on the 27th 8am to 12 noon this time but will ring when they are on there way .
well if i am in they can change the meter if not then they will have to call back again but i am not waiting in for them

Last edited by Mick; 16-02-2007 at 08:28.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 10:18   #21
God Member

Quote:
Well i just rang them to find out what the hell went wrong was told its not the gas company changing it but united utilities so i rang them and they said they had been but nobody was in i told them i stopped in all day and nobody called he said they did call and do i have a red door er NO i dont have a red door its wood colour Ho he must have gone to the wrong house,
i said yes he must
so now they are going to come on the 27th 8am to 12 noon this time but will ring when they are on there way .
well if i am in they can change the meter if not then they will have to call back again but i am not waiting in for them
I don't blame you Mick.....Like I said up there ^^^

Leave a sign in your window saying " sorry I was out when you called, please make another appointment to gain access".

Miracles do happen!!

Old 16-02-2007, 10:20   #22
Resting in Peace

what gets me is they can send a letter to this address but cant get the right house to do the work
Old 16-02-2007, 11:36   #23
I am Banned

Oh gawd i've got all this to come again on tues with meter man [so hope they get it right as got docs appointment in afternoon & i definately booked morning , whats betting its afternoon.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 12:26   #24
Resident Waffler

Well they could turn up at 5 to 8 Mick

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 12:27   #25
Resident Waffler

Quote:
what gets me is they can send a letter to this address but cant get the right house to do the work

I bet they went to that empty house !!

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 15:28   #26
God Member

Quote:
i said yes he must
I have had the same problem with these planks and when it comes to rebooking its on my terms. If I am dayshift it will have to be between 16:00 & 1800 if backshift it will be between 11:00 & 13:00. If they dont like it tough as twice I played by there rules and twice no show. Like Mick I will get the bams to phone as they reckon they couldnt get an answer at any of the residents in the block to open the security door.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 17:41   #27
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=mick;384122] do i have a red door er NO i dont have a red door its wood colour Ho he must have gone to the wrong house,
i said yes he must /QUOTE]

Don't believe this for one minute Mick, just a clever excuse that they are trained to offer, as they can bet most people don't have red doors.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 18:02   #28
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=katex;384296]
Quote:
do i have a red door er NO i dont have a red door its wood colour Ho he must have gone to the wrong house,
i said yes he must /QUOTE]

Don't believe this for one minute Mick, just a clever excuse that they are trained to offer, as they can bet most people don't have red doors.
Or coincidently, if you do have a red door, you would half believe them, sounds feasible, ? Get my drift ?
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 08:53   #29
Resting in Peace

I really dont believe this after the problems with the meter not being changed and staying in all day i phoned united utilities and made a appointment with them to come on the 27th between 8am and 12 noon they said fine and they would ring when they were on there way so all was set .right WRONG
This morning i get a letter "we will be calling to update your gas meter on the 5/3/07 between 8am and 8pm"
what was the point in me phoning them to make an appointment and then they go and change the date and time
Old 19-02-2007, 09:28   #30
God Member

I'd phone them back Mick the department that sent the letter will be different to the call centre, its unreasonable for them to expect you to wait in from 8am-8pm again.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..