Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-06-2007, 19:20   #16
Passed away 25-11-09

Re: Walkies

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Dogs are for people whom need the love and devotion a dog gives.
Cats are for people who have been there, done that , got the Tshirt and prefer a co-existence of equals who respect each other.

I've had both cats and dogs for most of my life. Does that mean I have a split personality?
Accrington Web
Old 10-06-2007, 19:56   #17
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by katex View Post
Yeh, but how will they ever learn to climb trees, fend off the dogs, mark their own territory, seek out another cat at night for procrastination, etc. ? Sorry Margaret, don't agree .... same as keeping a child on a lead to me .. gotta let them have space. Cats are much more intelligent than canines, that is why we say they have nine lives .. 'cause they know how to avoid difficult situations unlike most dogs ..
Katex, they do learn those things, but in places where it would not be safe to have them free..... a lead is the answer...well, if you can train them to one. I have to say that I never managed it with my persians and lived in fear of them getting out of the house because they were a right senseless pair.
They were both brought up with dogs so they weren't so much of a problem.....they were both neutered so procreation really wasn't their 'bag'.
They were really pampered lap cats......now Pasha, our moggy is a different thing altogether....she was a stray so she has all the sense you would associate with cats......I don't worry so much about her.
She's neutered too....so no kittens......which I think is the way to go.

The Pedigree cats......I think they have had some of their sense bred out of them. Mine certainly had.

so I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Katex
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2007, 22:06   #18
God Member

A friend of mine used to walk his Polecat on a leash around the Ferry much to the ammusment of others. Besides at least the animal is getting exercise and not causing trouble.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 09:23   #19
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

i only have a rabbit, and now you can buy leads for them....you wouldnt catch me walking a cat!!, tongue.gif
Old 11-06-2007, 12:17   #20
Beacon of light

A cat leash would probably fit a rabbit.....if you really wanted to go that way.
Old 11-06-2007, 13:55   #21
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by shillelagh View Post
When we had a cat and dog they used to sit at the side of the road and watch for the traffic when it was clear they'd cross. Sometimes theyd cross together and sometimes not.
I knew a woman in Gt Harwood, who had a very large tom cat 'without wedding tackle', she told me the cat was toilet trained as regards no 2, but she could not stop it marking it's territory.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 14:15   #22
Beacon of light

Some tom cats will continue to 'mark their territory' despite being neutered....fortunately mine didn't.
Old 11-06-2007, 14:30   #23
Resting in peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Some tom cats will continue to 'mark their territory' despite being neutered....fortunately mine didn't.
This cat, and I jest not walked on two legs sometimes down Sawley Drive, and the lady that owned it showed me the cat using the toilet.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2007, 14:47   #24
Beacon of light

I had a huge Maine Coon cat until February this year when he sadly died.
People who came to my house thought he was a lynx or a wild cat.....he really was huge. A rescued cat, and he was not very friendly until the last few months of his life. He always seemed a bit aloof and suspicious of people, so I don't know if he was ill treated......but he was treated like a king when he came to live with us. I still miss him, and sometimes I think I have seen him lying by the side of our bed....but it is just my imagination.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..