Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2006, 01:33   #31
God Member

Re: War! hun What is it good for?

I think trying to run the place with one central govt. is proving to be a lost cause , the Turks ran the place for over 300 years as three separate and distinct ethnic provinces without too much trouble, it was only after WW1 when the British took over the area and wanted to run the place on the cheap that trouble began (assinating the non Iraqi King and and a couple of presidents).
Divide the country up into Kurd, Sunni and ****te areas with Govts. in Mosul, Baghdad and Basra and leave them to it , As with the former Yugoslavia ,(distinct ethnic groups),the place fell apart without a strong leader(dictator) , same with the Czechs and the Slovaks, communisn fell and the two ethnic groups went their own succesful way.
Maybe it's not Politically Correct to say , but some people are not ready for Democracy, (where the rights of the minority are respected and protected,) even in the west some groups prefer to vote for there "own kind" no matter what the politics of the candidate .
steeljack is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 08-05-2006, 01:36   #32
Senior Member+

i just feel genuine heartfelt sympathy for the families of the soliders who die out there.

RIP
Old 08-05-2006, 09:40   #33
God Member

I have two or three issues with the whole of this.

Firstly, Who voted America World Police? I believe that no one country should ever have the right to go starting a war because they claim to feel threatened. They should be able to defend themselves if attacked but in NO WAY should they ever become the agressor. Iraq and Saddam have never been linked to Osama Bin Laden in any way shape or form, in fact I believe OBL actually is opposed to Saddam. WMDs have been proven to be a figment of American imagination.

Second: Democracy is 'our' view of a perfect state. Once again, we have a country who want to impose a way of life on another with NO proof that it will improve anything. There are a lot of people who believe Sharia law to be a perfect system. it is not for us to feel superior to them. Yes we see some things as barbaric and restrictive but that is because we see it from OUR viewpoint, not those whose believe in the system. There are two sides to every coin, it takes a lot to be able to see both sides in their own right.

The way the UN was effectively rode roughshod over scared me. It again showed that America will do what America wants with no regard for anyone else. The fact that a somewhat illiterate man is in charge of such a powerrful nation is plain scary. Whatever others think as has been pointed out elsewhere there are a lot of countries that have genocide issues yet because they have no oil they are left to get on with it.

These of course are my opinions and you are welcome to agree or disagree with them. I do though feel sorry for all those who have lost someone or have to live through pain and suffering because of this and all other wars.

Ian

Technical God, No 1 Geek And Linux Guru

Have you seen my Flickr pictures?

entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..