Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 17-05-2010, 12:47   #16
Beacon of light

Re: Was this chap right or wrong

Austin Molloy was right to call these young adults Scum.......and Christine Dean should be relieved of her post.
These young adults need to recognise that there are consequences for their actions, and this will never happen if they are allowed to get away with the magistrate being reprimanded.
The words did not hurt as much as the birch would have done...because years ago that is what would have happened to these lads....now, that would have sent them home crying to their mother.
The parents of these lads are to blame too....they should be takng firmer control of their offspring.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 17-05-2010, 14:47   #17
Resting in Peace

If I'd have done anything like this I don't know about hurt my feelings, it would certainly have hurt my backside, from my Fathers foot right up it
Old 17-05-2010, 15:16   #18
God Member

if you dont think facebook will be noticed by those who are concerned in this disgracefull decision you can write your support for Austin Molly to this department

deputy justice clerk
blackburn magistrates court
northgate
blackburn
bb2 1aa

Christine Dean is a disgrace to the justice system and i wonder how she would describe them if it was her home they had vandalised

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 17-05-2010 at 15:18.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 15:25   #19
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
Christine Dean is a disgrace to the justice system and i wonder how she would describe them if it was her home they had vandalised

I think she might just call them nice teenage boys......but only in court......in private she would probably call them far worse than SCUM.
Old 17-05-2010, 15:37   #20
God Member

Here are the government guidelines for magistrates clerks
http://www.judiciary.gov.uk/docs/cod...ated_Oct07.pdf

I think she has 'overstepped her mark' by advising the parents to complain.
(and possibly breached some others to - eg 'impartiality').

When magistrates dealt with child maintenance cases, I had dealings with them professionally. Even back then they regarded themselves as 'tin gods' and 'they who must be obeyed'.
They regarded lay magistrates as amateurs who needed to be told what to do (and what verdict to return)

It looks like the old ways persist here.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 16:22   #21
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

well i shall write to that dept, accyman n would hope many do. n letters are not usually summat i can be bothered wi.
Old 17-05-2010, 16:38   #22
God Member

hopefully they will get enough letters and realise how badly this clown has overstepped her mark

the only people objecting to them been called scum are the scum and christine dean where as the rest of the people who have read this story fully support mr molly its just a pitty his fellow magistrates havnt shown him the support he deserves by walking out until he is reinstated and her sacked

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 17-05-2010, 18:25   #23

If the Koran had been defaced, I think the outcome would have been slightly different.
ossylass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2010, 18:35   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ossylass View Post
If the Koran had been defaced, I think the outcome would have been slightly different.
Funnily enough there was an asian guy on news at 6-30 BBC, saying the guy was out of order, made me wonder what nationality the 2 offenders where?
Old 17-05-2010, 18:38   #25
a multieloquent Mule

Xeno Tactic Champion!

I think Christine Dean should be the one facing the outcry & not Mr Molloy, her performance in the Court far outstripped her remit. As to these 2 youths they deserved their epithet & more, furthermore the "Parents" should be ashamed of themselves & the neglect they have shown their offspring by not instilling basic tenets of decency, politeness & acceptable standards of social behaviour. A truly poor example of modern day Britain.

As to writing a letter, I wonder if e-mail is acceptable ?

Her Majesty's Courts Service - Court Information and Addresses
DaveinGermany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 05:43   #26
God Member

email and snail mail sent

Old 18-05-2010, 07:37   #27
God Member

the fella was on GMTV this morning, i totally agree with everything he said
flashy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 07:49   #28
Give, give, give member

See, these things, and the support, do get reported.

'A Facebook page, the Austin Malloy Magistrate Support Group!, has attracted 377 supporters.'
The Press Association: Magistrate stands by 'scum' comment

http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=119552431412691

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-05-2010, 09:09   #29
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
See, these things, and the support, do get reported.

'A Facebook page, the Austin Malloy Magistrate Support Group!, has attracted 377 supporters.'
The Press Association: Magistrate stands by 'scum' comment

Austin Molloy Magistrate Support Group ! | Facebook
I totally agree with his last statement that Ms Dean's remarks have brought the Magistrates into disrepute, if she had anything to say they should have retired to their chambers to discuss it, not her showboating in open court. Will any action be taken against this stupid woman, well I've just taken a look out of the window and cant see pigs flying yet
Old 18-05-2010, 13:29   #30
Beacon of light

I have e-mailed.....not sure how much good it will do.

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..