Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2005, 20:17   #1
Beacon of light

Lightbulb We're NOT Afraid......!

I don't know if anyone is interested in the pictures on this website.....
www.werenotafraid.com

It is full of pictures from all over the world indicating solidarity with Londoners.
It is definitely worth a look.

Last edited by Margaret Pilkington; 11-07-2005 at 20:23. Reason: sausage fingers....oops!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 11-07-2005, 20:20   #2
God Member

Re: We're NOT Afraid......!

Tried to look Margaret but the page cannot be displayed as yet!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 20:25   #3
Beacon of light

Try again Grego.......I missed an 'r' out of the web address........silly me !
Old 11-07-2005, 20:42   #4

Thumbs up Re: We're NOT Afraid......!

just looked there good
.. apest1 ..
apest1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 22:13   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

just looked there good,but the first 3 pages are all the same photos lol
Old 11-07-2005, 22:18   #6

thats good a bit of back up . We were today accused by thr mayor of Paris of out andout cheating to get the games in 2012 even th e french shot him down . Its nice to see that we don't stand alone against these morons.
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2005, 23:02   #7
Resident Waffler

Thank you for the link. It's good to know there are people who offer support and band together.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 12:50   #8
Beacon of light

i'm sorry if you have tried to access this site and had problems.......I spent a good half hour yesterday looking at the pics, they are brilliant......both from the technical point of view, and also the solidarity expressed by people in other countries.

The website has experienced some problems because of the numbers of people who want to view it and download their own pictures and messages......it may be worth while trying again in a couple of days
Old 12-07-2005, 13:28   #9
white rabbits

good to see people are with us ,i dont know how people can do such dreadful things
Old 12-07-2005, 14:09   #10
God Member

Usual case of websites that get suddenly pressed into the limelight. Quite often they are on servers that just can't cope with the demand. I'm sure it will come back up shortly, just keep trying.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 16:47   #11
Resting in peace

It's all very well to say "we are not afraid". Only a moron would not be afraid. Of course we are, but we will not let it stop us living our lives as normal. There is a strong chance this sort of atrocity will happen again, whether in London or in other UK cities, and we must and should be aware of that.

People mistake the nature of courage. It is not courage not to be afraid. Courage is to be afraid, but to do what you fear anyway.
pendy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 17:11   #12
Beacon of light

Pendy.......I know what you mean, but the web site is aimed at showing the terrorists that people will still go about their lives the way that they have to.....the website underlines the spirit of the people of London and offers solidarity. I don't think the 'we're not afraid' title is meant as a moronic statement......more an attitude of defiance.

I know that you are close to the place where one of the bombs went off, and are in the thick of it. Messages of support must mean something though.
Old 12-07-2005, 17:16   #13
Give, give, give member

It is a heart warming link Marg thankyou.

I remember in the direct aftermath of 9/11, scenes on the tv news of Palestinians celebrating in the street. l hope the same things haven't happened this time, or perhaps we are not being shown them?

The Arab sites l've been on and talked to people have been very sympathetic, and sent their best wishes to the people of London.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2005, 17:20   #14
Beacon of light

Well, there were some Arab sites that were gloating about the bombs.......and saying that the people of London needed to feel how the people of Iraq feel......this was only one day for London......in Iraq it is every day.......and also some of the world's press were also saying that Tony Blair had brought it on himself by going to war.

I just thought it would be nice to allow others to see the messages of support from all over the world
Old 12-07-2005, 17:27   #15
Give, give, give member

Americans especially seem very understanding in the wake of what they suffered.

Makes a change when the IRA were heavily funded by American sympathisers, who didn't seem to realise what a lot of terror those bombs did on the mainland as well as in Northern Ireland.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..