Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 30-06-2007, 21:12   #1
Give, give, give member

What are you like in the sack?

What are you like in the sack?

If anyone seems me in bed, they laugh.

Hopefully, only because I have four pillows and a cushion under my head, so that my head is at right angles to my body.

I also sleep with my knees tucked up towards my chest, in I suppose the fetal position, and which I suppose makes me like a very big baby in the sack.

What about you?

How do you prefer to go to the land of Nod?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 30-06-2007, 21:17   #2

Re: What are you like in the sack?

I used to be pretty good. ;-)

Actually, I go to sleep on my side and wake up on my back, so the other half says.
Splinter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 21:21   #3
Beacon of light

I have a couple of wheatie pillows, to use as body bolsters.......and one orthopaedic pillow that is shaped for my head.........I hate to be too warm and usually stick my back end out of the duvet......I toss and turn and my other half reckons I am like a combine harvester...he also says I snore, but then he hasn't heard himself.
In summer I wake at about 4am and stay awake until about 6am....then i go off to sleep and can sleep until 8.30.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 21:26   #4
Give, give, give member

That reminds me. As well as having my head at ninety degrees from my slumbering hulk, and my knees to my chest, I have to have my feet uncovered too.

It's really strange that I'm single.

Old 30-06-2007, 21:32   #5
Beacon of light

Yeah, and a bit strange that I am still married. A white butt sticking out of the covers can't be a very romantic sight.
Old 30-06-2007, 21:33   #6
Beacon of light

The wheatie pillows are wonderful....except that sometimes the husks get out of the cover and it feels like crumbs in the bed.
Old 30-06-2007, 21:36   #7
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Yeah, and a bit strange that I am still married. A white butt sticking out of the covers can't be a very romantic sight.
Lol.

I used to sleep like a baby until I got Parkinson's. Now I can sometimes go for up to three days without a wink of sleep.

My Mum recently bought me a lavender 'sleep spray', in the hope that it helps me nod off, when I've sprizzed my bedding.

I don't sleep any better, but I do get up in the morning smelling a bit like an old ladies underwear drawer.

Old 30-06-2007, 21:37   #8
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
That reminds me. As well as having my head at ninety degrees from my slumbering hulk, and my knees to my chest, I have to have my feet uncovered too.

It's really strange that I'm single.

You're painting a very attractive picture there,lol
I sleep in the foetal position,all curled up like a baby back in the womb.I have my back to my hubby so he's behind me and we're curled up together and in the winter I pop my freezing cold trotters between his legs oooooh it's lovely.It's a miracle I'm not single!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 21:37   #9

I love lots of pillows. I go to sleep on my side and i grab the top of my duvet and took it under my cheek, the one on my face not my bum
Tombraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 21:39   #10
Beacon of light

I bought some sleep sachets.......there is a sachet of dried herbs and a sachet that heats up.......they are lovely and they certainly help hubby to sleep.....though he says he doesn't sleep well......he is the only person that i know who snores when he is awake.
Old 30-06-2007, 21:42   #11
God Member

I don't know but I missed the chance to talk to you tonight, I chatted to g.jones instead
Old 30-06-2007, 21:43   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
I bought some sleep sachets.......there is a sachet of dried herbs and a sachet that heats up.......they are lovely and they certainly help hubby to sleep.....though he says he doesn't sleep well......he is the only person that i know who snores when he is awake.
My hubby's like that too Margaret.I say 'stop snoring' and he says 'I wasn't asleep' so I say 'well I don't know anyone who snores while they're awake and if you're awake then you must know you're doing it so damn well stop it.' Honestly the racket some nights.I videoed him on my moby snoring the other night,he was mortified,said he never knew it was that bad!
Lilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 21:46   #13
Beacon of light

I did think of recording the snoring, but it would cause so much aggravation...he would sulk forever. And anyway, I tell myself that I should be grateful he is snoring......my friend has just lost her husband and she says she would give anything to have him lying beside her snoring his head off.
There are two perspectives on every 'problem' aren't there?
Old 30-06-2007, 21:46   #14
Passed away 25-11-09

I nearly always sleep on the left edge of the matress, on my left side with my left leg straight and the right one bent. I don't move in my sleep and wake up with the left side of my hair standing on end and a bed that looks like it hasn't been slept in.

This came about through trying to avoid my late husband's flailing arms and legs for 34 years, followed by a further 9 years waking up to find a large, hairy, canine head on the pillow beside me. That was our Jet, who always managed to sneak up next to me and take up 3/4 of the bed.
Old 30-06-2007, 21:49   #15
Beacon of light

Our old Jack Russell used to share our bed, and if we needed to get out of bed to go to the loo he used to growl and grumble...like it was a trial to be woken up......I would sometimes push him off the bed (when i was feeling peevish).

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..