Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2005, 14:14   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What do I have to do? two(2)

I wanted a moan I needed a moan, I am able to have a moan on accyweb 'cos most people know what I'm like.

Yes I have felt frustrated at times by what has been posted recently.........

But!
That is me, every now and then we all feel that we need to kick against the traces, I don't want accyweb to be any more or any less than what it is, I just felt that instead of pulling together we all seemed to be pulling apart!

Yes, most of the time we enjoy each others company, Yes most of the time we try (within our criticism) to make those in power understand where the ordinary person is coming from, be it the Arndale Clock or the (excuse me while I swear), Panoptican.

The important thing to me is all through this is the fact WE used to talk about these things with a little bit of passion, now all we seem to do is argue, (even if basically we agree), we all seem to be too busy trying to score minor points off each other, rather than enjoying each others company and trying to improve on what we have.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 09-09-2005, 14:31   #2
God Member

Re: What do I have to do? two(2)

I think you have it summed up perectly there Less I had also noticed the dyamics of accyweb had changed since I first became a member
Old 09-09-2005, 14:34   #3
God Member

Cool Re: What do I have to do? two(2)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less
I .

now all we seem to do is argue, (even if basically we agree), we all seem to be too busy trying to score minor points off each other,

You'll never see me scoring cheap points off someone else. Thats nancy-boy stuff. I just go in studs first and chop 'em down. The only solution. Anyway, now you're back, you might want to have a look at my posting in the gallery.....OK, maybe it should'nt be there, but I could'nt think of where else to put it.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 14:45   #4
Senior Member+

Quote:
I wanted a moan I needed a moan, I am able to have a moan on accyweb 'cos most people know what I'm like.

Yes I have felt frustrated at times by what has been posted recently.........

But!

That is me, every now and then we all feel that we need to kick against the traces, I don't want accyweb to be any more or any less than what it is, I just felt that instead of pulling together we all seemed to be pulling apart!

Yes, most of the time we enjoy each others company, Yes most of the time we try (within our criticism) to make those in power understand where the ordinary person is coming from, be it the Arndale Clock or the (excuse me while I swear), Panoptican.

The important thing to me is all through this is the fact WE used to talk about these things with a little bit of passion, now all we seem to do is argue, (even if basically we agree), we all seem to be too busy trying to score minor points off each other, rather than enjoying each others company and trying to improve on what we have.

Wha hoo Less is back, Welcome back Less I've missed you!

By the way well said let's see if we can follow the path you lead.

Although i have a feeling that most of us who agree with you Less are the one's who went astray, not to worry you are now back and with a little guidence im sure all will come too.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 14:45   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
You'll never see me scoring cheap points off someone else. Thats nancy-boy stuff. I just go in studs first and chop 'em down. The only solution. Anyway, now you're back, you might want to have a look at my posting in the gallery.....OK, maybe it should'nt be there, but I could'nt think of where else to put it.
If you mean the Boy George thing, tsk, tsk, to lower myself to the depths of 'phone speak:-

P.M.S.L.

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 14:53   #6
Resident Waffler

Quote:

Well, what we have is a forum and some of the members meet up from time to time and some meet each other socially more often than that.

Some of us have different opinions to others and I suppose you can't classify us as one whole because we are so varied and different.

Bit like the readership of a newspaper when you come to think of it. Sometimes they have opinion polls too and some of the readers letters can be quite opinionated. Sometimes they organise get togethers or trips out.

Maybe we expect too much of ourselves by sometimes calling ourselves "a community" when we're really just a crowd of individuals postiing on a website.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 14:53   #7
I am Banned

Welcome back Less & yeh i agree with u the dynamics of the forum can get outta hand on tedium sometimes but on the whole its a good place to be & can be great fun just a shame it can be overlooked by pettyness at times.
accymel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2005, 15:38   #8
Resident Waffler

I think I'll go and fill Less's vacant slot in the calm room.

Old 10-09-2005, 09:02   #9
mez
God Member

bring back the calm room i say it did us a power of good,.............one of your best idea's unka wess.
Old 10-09-2005, 09:18   #10
Give, give, give member

I've checked the member's list, and can find no trace of Nancy boy, Nancy's Boy, of indeed Nancy herself, so I have no idea what his cheap point scoring posts were like.

Yes Accy Web may have changed since it's earlier days, that's life. If things stay the same, they become stagnant and eventually die. I don't think we should become Little Englanders, always harping back to 'the good old days.' Life should be about forward momentum, not going round in little circle, something which because of the ever increasing membership there is.

Like I said in the other post Less started, I've missed him and missed his input, whichever way it was pulling.

I like this site and post a lot. I may feel exactly like you do in six months time, and never come here again, and find another, sometimes less intense, forum. I hope not.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 10:00   #11
Give, give, give member

When I've looked through old posts it looks pretty similar to the sort of thing there is now, some interesting things, some daft things, and yes what looks like petty digs.

When I have asked some of the people why they thought it was better in the 'old days', I never received the same answer.

Come on, tell us?

I am getting increasingly paranoid. Perhaps it's me posting too much, and no one will tell me.

Last edited by garinda; 10-09-2005 at 10:01.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 15:40   #12
Resident Waffler

Doesn't seem much different now to me to when I joined, except that there are new members and some of the old ones have drifted off.

I do miss A-b's photographic quizzes and a lot of the nostalgia and historic posts but then maybe that's got something to do with me being interested in local history, or in fact history in general and I love looking at old photos of the area.

Old 10-09-2005, 18:19   #13
Accy Goddess

Thats life im affraid.
Some times there is little to say and then other times a lot.
Life is full of swings and roundabouts.
Ups and downs and on......and........on.................
ANNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 20:09   #14
God Member

In my capacity as one of the forum's "moaning old washerwoman" I would just like to say to our valued representative from the undead minority that there is nothing wrong with having a really good old moan from time to time. It clears the mind, loosens your hardening arteries and keeps you "regular"!

I would also like to take this opportunity to encourage members to get it off their chests and into a vitual envelope and post it on here. You'll feel better for it, honestly!

In addition I would just like to echo Sister Garinda's sage observations, times change and you either change with them or you get left behind. Let us not forget; a change is as good as a brain operation.

So let's have no more of this hankering after times past and leave all that Reserche du Temps Perdu nonsense to French T**ts like Proust!

I fully expect to see our Less posting, with his usual mordant wit, for some considerable time to come.
Old 10-09-2005, 20:42   #15
Resident Waffler

What???

And loose our reputation as the "All Our Yesterday's Brigade" ??!!!!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..