Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-08-2006, 17:08   #16
Apprentice Geriatric

Talking Re: What do you do to cure boredom?

Of course this doesn’t really apply to those living alone unless they are very friendly with neighbours.

Two packs of playing cards, a set of poker dice and the knowledge how to use them is the perfect antidote to boredom. A box of matches would be useful, as would some paper and a pen. Please note I am not advocating gambling because there is no fun in losing money.

If you are stumped on how to use them please have a visit at http://uk.geocities.com/[email protected]/golf/09i.html
Old 20-08-2006, 17:57   #17

Re: What do you do to cure boredom?

Well, I to was bored this afternoon so I baked a chocolate cake, took little'un to see Monster house, came back and stuffed my face. Feel much less bored now lol
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 18:54   #18

Watching the DVD of the pulse
Pink Floyd WoW:Banane 47:
Old 20-08-2006, 19:02   #19

Yeti Pentathlon Champion!
Cash Beast Champion!

Never bored as a rule,but my son got invited out today, so me and a mate played pro evolution soccer 4 all day.
norwich stanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 19:30   #20

Who has time to be bored? Even on Sunday it's all go. Learning Italian. Also studying the history of the Royal Artillery - since I hail from a long line of RA gunners. This afternoon, I'm scouring my favorite internet sites in search of accurate news and information - since the major media does such a lousy job these days. Then off to the firing range for a little practice.
bullseyebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 19:31   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
I don't really get bored, but as a treat I sit outside and listen to my neighbour Sarah having sex.

Makes a change from listening to the ducks quacking.

what,s your address????........
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 19:34   #22
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by talentedbutslow
what,s your address????........

PM me for my mobile number and you can listen.

It's a premium rate number but worth it.

Sorry Sarah, you're not really that loud....well, if the winds blowing the other way you're not.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 19:37   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
PM me for my mobile number and you can listen.

It's a premium rate number but worth it.

Sorry Sarah, you're not really that loud....well, if the winds blowing the other way you're not.
how much a minute from Australia.......she may take a while.......
talentedbutslow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 19:38   #24
Beacon of light

I don't get bored........I get P'd off with football sometimes....but I cure that by reading a good novel.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 19:43   #25
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington
I don't get bored........I get P'd off with football sometimes....but I cure that by reading a good novel.

I agree. I've honestly never been bored since I learned to read. You can always escape somewhere wonderful in a book.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 20:10   #26
God Member

Unusually I've escaped in to a short ghost storeies book twice today, I haven't read for a while. Utter rubbish but interesting to read.
Been for a meal at the brewers fayre, quite nice, shame the pub is u dump but can't have everything.
now bb the tv won't go on until lost on tuesday, so I will tinker with sites on the internet, I'm a bit lost as to how to go forward with them at the moment. I want a site with a forum, gallery and games rather than a forum with gallery and games. but don't know whether to just do it as a town thing or an area thing. For example a lancs forum as apposed to an accy forum. I don't think people associate with a county as much though. Thats whats keeping me occupied working that out.
Come and write every night, chat with a hula melody
Madhatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 21:15   #27
God Member

Me when i get bored i pick up a book, go for a walk, sleep, read the papers and try to do the sudoku's and crosswords. At the minute i've been catching up on my sleep due to not getting to bed till too late three times seeing the sun coming up! I'm not saying why either!
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 21:22   #28
Resting in Peace

[QUOTE=shillelagh At the minute i've been catching up on my sleep due to not getting to bed till too late three times seeing the sun coming up! I'm not saying why either![/QUOTE]

Well, we will just have to use our imagination Shillelagh !!.. grrrhh . hate to be left hanging .. hope it was good for you.

Did ya' mean 'til late or 'too late' .. early, or early in the day ? confused.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 21:31   #29
God Member

Yes it was katex!

Too late - meaning im normally in the chatroom till 2 am and thats tinks fault but this was later than normal so too late.

I hated grammar lessons! lol
shillelagh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-08-2006, 21:33   #30
Yank in King Art's Court!

I too rarely get bored. There is just always so much to do (both the fun and the burdensome). I look forward to reading myself to sleep at night. During the afternoon, I'll hop on my mountain bike and ride the trails or walk along our stream with the dogs. I must also admit wasting way to much time well into the evening playing one of my kids' computer games (currently one called "Panzer II).

Brian

LancYorkYankee is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..