Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-06-2005, 21:33   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

What is going on?

For the last month I have been having problems with cigarette lighters, whenever I pause from the key board to light up I reach to my usual place and either.

1/ My fag lighter has disappeared, (no it's not the budgie knicking them I've checked his cage).

2/ The flint or the gas has run out.

3/ the flint, flints (you know does that sparky thing) the lighter being clear plastic shows that there is enough gas to cause panic on board the Hindenburg but still it won't light!

I mentioned this problem to Mick while we were in the stag,
"Er Mick can you Give me a light? Oh, and while your reaching into your pocket for your lighter you may as well get your baccy out and roll me a fag, in fact pass the baccy over I'll roll my own while you get the beer in Cheers!"

When Mick got back from the bar he told me that he knew a place in town that sold lighters 12 for a pound he said he'd get some for me next time he went out.
Sure enough the following day Mick turns up with a poly' bag full of lighters, I must confess though I haven't even used one of them, since going home that day everywhere I look there is a lighter, it's magic the lighter fairy has gone into full production, it's getting to the state were I'm frightened to open a cupboard because I know that yet another lighter that I haven't seen in years is going to pounce on me! I'm even finding them in the fridge (It was just lying there on the shelf behing that shrivelled mouldy thing that came with the fridge, you know that thing that is now so mis-shapen that even a DNA test would not reveal what it is!).

But let me tell you, that packet of twelve brand new lighters has pride of place on my mantel piece because I know that as soon as I think that I have more lighters than any-one will need in one life time, those damn fairies will be back and pi**ing themselves watching me in the very near future as I search desperately for something to light my fag.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-06-2005, 21:36   #2

Re: What is going on?

That is sooo me, can never find a lighter when i want one but when i don't want one they're everywhere
Steph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 21:37   #3
I am Banned

i have about 20 lighters but all seem to have dissapeared

the cooker i bought of roy has been a life saver allthough it has been murder on my eyebrows lol
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 21:58   #4

My lighters turn up in the wierdest of places
Reidy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:24   #5
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

don't bother unduly less we wont be able to have a fag anywhere before long if the saddos ban it in public places lol
Old 20-06-2005, 22:37   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman
don't bother unduly less we wont be able to have a fag anywhere before long if the saddos ban it in public places lol
Cashman don't panic it's just another typo' in fact when they get their spell checker to work properly you will find that not just I but you too will support the ban!

It should read:-
Quote:
To ban smoking in Pubic places.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2005, 22:45   #7
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

like it less lol
Old 21-06-2005, 01:41   #8
land of hope and glory

less you can have 50p for the lot final offer!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 09:02   #9
Resident Waffler

It's gremlins. They "borrow" other things too. In this house it's hairbrushes. We have far more hairbrushes than any civilised family should need except in times of war or threat of alien invasion and yet any time I want to brush my hair can I find one of the wretched things?

Come back later and there'll be two or more staring me in the face.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 09:32   #10
Senior Member+

Lighters Less!!!

What happened to the 2 sticks you had?

Or arn't they good enough anymore??
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 10:01   #11
God Member

OMG everything goes missing in this house you can guarantee anything I want does a disappearing act but it's not fairies in here it's kids!!!

I had missing toilet roll this morning but I have just found it .............. blocking up my bathroom sink!!
Old 21-06-2005, 14:02   #12

In our house it's pens I can never find one when I need one but there are dozens when I don't
Debbie J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 15:04   #13
Senior Member+

I am always comming home from work with pens stuck in my hair the kids think it great and its one way to smuggle them home comon there has to be some perks of the job.

I would'nt mind but half the time i dont mean to i just forget they are there i dont have pockets and my ears stick out to much to put my pen there and if i leave it lying around someone half inches it, (what is a girl to do) so i stick them in my pony tail. its always to hand then.
MUMMIBOO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 15:32   #14
land of hope and glory

guess what less forgot to take to the pub with him today????? A BLOODY LIGHTER...HE...HEEE!
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 15:33   #15
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I haven't bought a pen for years as I used to nick them from GP surgeries when I was on community. The drugs reps leave them as incentive to GP's to prescribe the product from their companies. I have quite a stash of pens now.

The main things to go missing in my house are socks. I do start off with a pair but always mislay just one. I like to think that the washing machine spirits them away and that they end up in some sort of sock nirvana. If you see anyone around town wearing odd socks, it will be me.

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..