Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 19-12-2009, 10:05   #16
Resting in Peace

Re: What is going on

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
I was generalising Beni, just saying that now I feel like I was in my younger days. only this week I went for a look outside and saw a little lad sat on the kerb crying his eyes out, I asked what was wrong, he just said he couldn't do what the big lads do, I agreed and sat down and cried with him
Put a bench there and I'll come and join you. On a good day that is

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-12-2009, 10:37   #17
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
TV programmes set the standards.
Dissolute, materialistic celebrities are the role models.
A generation has been brainwashed.
A population gets the type of society it deserves
- we earned this by neglect
I haven't seen a T.V. Programme or a materialistic celebrity, suggesting or promoting the rape of an eight year old by two ten year olds, that is a ridiculous statement.

If a generation is to blame, which one? As part of the older generation can I suggest it could be us? We brought up the generation that followed, some claim that generation don't make fit parents and therefore this is one of the results, perhaps what is happening is because we didn't do it right?
Parts of Society are to blame not just the people of any age that commit such awful crimes, but the members of the establishment that took away the powers of the courts to punish such crimes.

I agree, we have earned this by neglect, but the 8 year old and to some extent the 10 year olds are victims of that neglect and it should make us all bow our heads in shame that such a thing has happened, (again?).

Last edited by Less; 19-12-2009 at 10:39.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-2009, 10:47   #18
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benipete View Post
Put a bench there and I'll come and join you. On a good day that is
Beat you to it Beni, its already there mate
Old 19-12-2009, 14:34   #19
Senior Member+

Standards of behaviour have degenerated from generation to succeeding generation. The media? Generations accepted that and the subsequent lowering of standards.
Law & Order? The same story and we voted for the idiots who made the laws and saw to the enforcement of them.
I was no teen angel, but I had respect for my elders and property.
IMHO, parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children, set them the example that you expect of them, and lets get rid of these stupid laws, and the lawmakers who introduced them, that prevent parents from chastising their own children.
Old 19-12-2009, 14:36   #20
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
Standards of behaviour have degenerated from generation to succeeding generation. The media? Generations accepted that and the subsequent lowering of standards.
Law & Order? The same story and we voted for the idiots who made the laws and saw to the enforcement of them.
IMHO, parents are responsible for the behaviour of their children, set them the example that you expect of them, and lets get rid of these stupid laws, and the lawmakers who introduced them, that prevent parents from chastising their own children.
Nail bang on the head.
Old 20-12-2009, 15:31   #21
Full Member+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barrie Yates View Post
A major part of the problems today arise from the fact that half the kids being born are unlikely to know who their parents are! Hence the inbred morons currently trawling our streets with their pit-bull terriers in tow!

Bring back George Pratt and the birch!

Last edited by Stumped; 20-12-2009 at 15:34.
Stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 09:16   #22
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
A major part of the problems today arise from the fact that half the kids being born are unlikely to know who their parents are! Hence the inbred morons currently trawling our streets with their pit-bull terriers in tow!

Bring back George Pratt and the birch!
Do you not realise Barry these inbred morons have rights more flaming rights than you and me
Old 21-12-2009, 14:32   #23
Full Member+

Quote:
Do you not realise Barry these inbred morons have rights more flaming rights than you and me
Imagine what it's like for the boys and girls in blue (or today's dayglow yellow) when they drag these scum off the streets only to see them rewarded with 'community service' by the politically correct magistrates. If it weren't so serious it would be laughable.

Old 21-12-2009, 14:51   #24
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stumped View Post
Imagine what it's like for the boys and girls in blue (or today's dayglow yellow) when they drag these scum off the streets only to see them rewarded with 'community service' by the politically correct magistrates. If it weren't so serious it would be laughable.

whilst agree about pc magistrates, they have a maximun n minimum tariff, the law allows to sentence, twas not them decided that.
Old 21-12-2009, 15:16   #25
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whilst agree about pc magistrates, they have a maximun n minimum tariff, the law allows to sentence, twas not them decided that.
Ya cashy but there's nothing to stop them referring any case to a higher court if they don't feel able to deal out the right sentence
Old 21-12-2009, 16:05   #26
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Ya cashy but there's nothing to stop them referring any case to a higher court if they don't feel able to deal out the right sentence
Again it depends on the crime mate, some they can't commit to sessions etc.
Old 21-12-2009, 17:23   #27
Full Member+

Quote:
Maybe if it was decreed no longer ecomical to keep prisoners in the lap of luxury, the powers that be may consider reverting to proper punishments, vis: making the punishment fit the crime.
Old 21-12-2009, 20:15   #28
Junior Member+

make the punishment fit the crime, bring back the birch and cat-o-nine tails.
none of these kids of today know the meaning of respect, sorry about 10% do.
but who is to blame, us!!!!!!! why, because we voted in the morons who made the laws and stopped us from punishing our kids with a smack. it never did me any harm, but taught me to understand right from wrong and respect for my elder's...
douglas ackroyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-12-2009, 21:11   #29
God Member

I don't see how the odd smack would have prevented this crime.. and I don't see bringing back the "birch" as a punishment that would deter anyone from sexual crimes..you are talking crap.
Mancie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-12-2009, 08:28   #30
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mancie View Post
I don't see how the odd smack would have prevented this crime.. and I don't see bringing back the "birch" as a punishment that would deter anyone from sexual crimes..you are talking crap.
I disagree Mancie most of these feral youths are cowards and if they thought for one minute they were going to get a good hiding, they'd think twice about their actions. I've often said that birching one of these out of control youths would hurt one, but put the fear of god into thousands more

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..