Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 18-08-2005, 21:34   #1
mez
God Member

what is it with blackpool?

ive just spent 2 days in b/pool, & what has puzzeled me is, why is there an influx of polish students working in every aspect of jobs there ( mabe doug can spread some light on this ) but i had occasion to get into conversation with a security guard at the hotel, who said that this year even the staff have walked off the pleasure beach because of the way that the polish students have taken over. please can i have some sort of answer from someone? What do the rest of you think?
Accrington Web
Old 18-08-2005, 21:50   #2
white rabbits

Re: what is it with blackpool?

i haddent noticed....dont go into blackpool that often..sorry mez
Old 18-08-2005, 21:52   #3
mez
God Member

i was in clevelys too today granny, went to b& m, then fish & chip lunch in the chippy at the bus station mmmmmm i love that place.
Old 18-08-2005, 22:20   #4
white rabbits

just think i may have passed you in the street.i diddent go in b/m's but i got potatoes etc from the little market outside.. we too had fish and chips and ate them on the tops,and i also went into the little bedding shop at the top of b/ms and bought an ironing board cover....
now you realy wanted to know that diddent you...lol
Old 18-08-2005, 22:24   #5
Member.

Yep, the place is being flooded with Polish students; allegedly a Human Resources Company is setting them up with paper work required for a small fee and or a percentage. Most of them are working the summer holiday break in the leisure industry; a few of them are Medical Students and will be returning home to complete their courses at the end of summer. Allegedly a small number are working with Blackpool Borough Council and Social Services with that it follows that some have been employed by Private Sector Agencies in the domiciliary care field and Care homes. They make more money than they would at home so you can’t blame them; apparently they are hard working, have happy smiling face’s and just get on with it without whingeing.

You should have pm'ed me Mez, I would have been more that happy to take you and your party to lunch.....

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-08-2005, 23:43   #6
I am Banned

i went to blackpool last week for 2 days and only a handfull of rides on the pleasure beech were manned by an english person

not saying foreighn people cant run the rides but i went earlier this year and didnt notice the same amount of foreigh people operating the rides like the big one etc

just makes you wonder how much experience they have running rides
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 00:11   #7
land of hope and glory

look next door ? your neighbour has done a runner a family of 7 has just moved in ENJOY!thats what britain is comming too.
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 04:59   #8
God Member

Its mainly due to teh EU opening up the borders of eastern european countries. They no longer need a cartload of paperwork to come here to work. Where I buy my LPG she has 2 polish guys working for her. She told me that they are the hardest working people she has ever employed. She isn't an ogre but tells me they often come in extra early to get on with a job they think will be hard and never ask for any overtime to cover it.(She ofetn gives them food etc in exchange though).

I have no problem with it. After all at least they are pleasant to you and do want to work. I have spent over 6 months training 2 Philipinoes to do my job because they do it for about a tenth of what I get.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 06:47   #9
mez
God Member

IM not complaining about them coming over here it was the fact that they seemed to be everywhere, & as the security guard told me , they don't need visa's to come here & work, i think it's good that they are being allowed to get some different experiences of life in other countries ........... but NOT at the expence of our own workers? or is it because our own youth of today don't want jobs, i was just curious (nosey in other words).
Old 19-08-2005, 06:52   #10
mez
God Member

Doug, i did leave a messege with our friend .......rindy roo........ asking to pm you to let you know i was mezzing b/pool & to give you my moby number to contact me to make arrange ments to meet up for a good old chinwag. but he had other things on his mind..........will sort it myself next time he he he. yes granny we could have been stood next to each other outside the victorian market , i bought some strawberries from there for my tea to-night, will have to let you all know next time im over, ............ then you can all dive off to southport whilst im there he he he.would be nice to meet up though .
Old 19-08-2005, 08:55   #11
BOB

there are lots working at express gifts up to last week any way
BOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 12:48   #12
God Member

The simple fact is that it is just not Blackpool or Express Gifts where workers from the new EU accession states are to be found; they are everywhere. Poles, Latvians, Lithuanians, Estonians,Czechs... Do I mind? Not whatsoever. The guys that I know work damned hard and start early and finish late.They are good, skilled and reliable workmen and even the less skilled amongst them do the jobs that we are no longer prepared to do.

Thats just the blokes. As for the girls - WOW! Give me these Slavic Stunnas any time! I just wish I was 20 years younger. What a pleasure it is to visit a traditional English pub and find 3 or 4 of these nubile, fun-loving busty young wenches behind the bar, serving up pints of good real ale, laughing, joking and flirting. I love 'em.

I can't say the same for all migrant workers, of course. Take the case of dozy, tax-dodging Brazilian Electricians.....can't be bothered getting out of bed before 9.30am...stroll along on their way to work..react aggressively when asked to stop by a bobby...ah well!

Last edited by Tealeaf; 19-08-2005 at 16:03.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:35   #13

I work(?) in a pub in Manchester city centre, where we've just taken on some new staff 2 of which are Polish. Also pre-season we (Lancaster City) had a couple of Polish lads turn up for trials. They're everywhere.......
Old 19-08-2005, 13:41   #14
land of hope and glory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf
The simple fact is that it is just not Blackpool or Express Gifts where workers from the new EU accession states are to be found; they are everywhere. Poles, Latvians, Lithuanians, Estonians,Czechs... Do I mind? Not whatsoever. The guys that I know work damned hard and start early and finish late.They are good, skilled and reliable workmen and even the less skilled amongst them do the jobs that we are no longer prepared to do.

Thats just the blokes. As for the girls - WOW! Give me these Slavic Stunnas any time! I just wish I was 20 years younger. What a pleasure it is to visit a traditional English pub and find 3 or 4 of these nubile, fun-loving busty young wenches behind the bar, serving up pints of good real ale, laughing, joking and flirting. I love 'em.

I can't same the same for all migrant workers, of course. Take the case of dozy, tax-dodging Brazilian Electricians.....can't be bothered getting out of bed before 9.30am...stroll along on their way to work..react aggressively when asked to stop by a bobby...ah well!
how about bringing 2-3 up for a trial at the pub tea-leaf just for the meeting.......he..hee
staggeringman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-08-2005, 13:44   #15
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by staggeringman
how about bringing 2-3 up for a trial at the pub tea-leaf just for the meeting.......he..hee
I'll try and get some piccys....
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..