Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 20-07-2004, 11:15   #76

Re: What’s good about Accrington/Hyndburn, what makes you proud?

Bloody hell KIPAX your like a dog with a bone
accyplus is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 20-07-2004, 11:17   #77
God Member

accyplus. Tealeaf would be so proud of me

hehehehe
Old 20-07-2004, 11:20   #78
mez
God Member

hey kipax your just after being god member, like tea ha ha ha
Old 20-07-2004, 11:20   #79

OK "call it a day" if you want to:

But: QUOTE KIPAX: "Shake hands? With a racist? No thanks"

That's a day????

I offered and that was his response!! So I'll move on............ but not forget.....(I'll be right behind you - figuratively speaking)
Darby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 11:27   #80
God Member

Quote:
I'll be right behind you - figuratively speaking
thats exactly whats caused the problem and now your saying you will do it more.. Your constant digs and keep mentiong me for no reason is why I ahve responded.. And now your telling all that your going to do it more...

OMG I just realised... that makes you my very own STALKER... A STALKER and a RACIST.... What ya gonna do for the hatrick I wonder?
Old 20-07-2004, 11:32   #81

........Murderer?
Old 20-07-2004, 11:34   #82

Shall we rename this thread "Handbags at 20 paces" and start another one about what we think is good about Accrington and its districts?

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 11:35   #83
Member.

Bloody hell, I only went out for an hour..............I hope that we do now move on. On the question "What’s good about Accrington/Hyndburn, what makes you proud" Maybe it's a broad spectrum of opinion that counts. We all have one, but we don't always agree, but currently we have the freedon to express them.

I don't like the term Racist, its a term used by people who don't want to work on equal terms with those around them "in my opinion" Its over used and its starting to loose its impact. Time will tell.

Until then perhaps we could find a way of insluting each other in less hurtful terms, because I'm sure someone will be hurt by this....

Any chance of both of you coming on the 31st?
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 11:39   #84
mez
God Member

sorryposted in wrong one//

Last edited by mez; 20-07-2004 at 18:04.
mez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 11:40   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
Bloody hell, I only went out for an hour..............I hope that we do now move on. On the question "What’s good about Accrington/Hyndburn, what makes you proud" Maybe it's a broad spectrum of opinion that counts. We all have one, but we don't always agree, but currently we have the freedon to express them.

I don't like the term Racist, its a term used by people who don't want to work on equal terms with those around them "in my opinion" Its over used and its starting to loose its impact. Time will tell.

Until then perhaps we could find a way of insluting each other in less hurtful terms, because I'm sure someone will be hurt by this....

Any chance of both of you coming on the 31st?
Sorry Doug, I would love to have a few beers with all on the site. But it's just a bit too far.....and my grandson arrives that day. Besides, I only just got back from London last night. But sometime I'll get to another one, and I'll bring a bottle of Schnapps with me for all to sample!
Thanks for the thought!
Old 20-07-2004, 11:43   #86
God Member

Quote:
I don't like the term Racist, its a term used by people who don't want to work on equal terms with those around them
hahahaha ..
Old 20-07-2004, 11:45   #87
God Member

Quote:
one dosent like the landlord/lady
Well i only live down the road and I will be there.. so presumably its you (sorry i meant darby) who doesnt like the landlord and landlady which is a bit strange.
Old 20-07-2004, 11:47   #88
Member.

Maybe one day folks....I certainly look forward to meeting all those proactive INDIVDUALS out there that make up what we are…..By the way, I won’t be drinking that night, but I’ll a nice orange and lemon and a good lookin woman will do me……

Last edited by Doug; 20-07-2004 at 12:02.
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-07-2004, 11:48   #89
God Member

I wont be drinking either as I ahve an early start in the morning.. taking the kids to camelot for the day... cant drive early if tanked up night before....
Old 20-07-2004, 11:49   #90

I'll tell you what Accrington as a community has to be proud of:-

Englands wealth was built on the back of the North-of-England working man. That is an indisputible fact. Lancashire and Yorkshire (for all their competitiveness) were the industrial might on which this country flourished. Accrington played a great part in this revolution. Factories like H & B, Broad Oak etc. were part of the big money-spinning era. Leyland Motors was another great company not too far away. Unfortunately, the profits from these great companies ended up in London with the central government and that is why the South is so much better 'looked-after' than the North. Let us never forget that our parents and grandparents were a part of that revolution. As well as doing all that, they went and fought, and won, two world wars as well.

You can't keep good people down. Accrington still has plenty of those, some of them post on this site. I am proud to be able to say that I come from such a place, even though, through no fault of its own, it has been in decline for many years. It is the fault of successive governments who have done nothing to help, but have depleted the manufacturing industries on which this country was built. I am also proud to have orginated from the great gene pool that is East Lancashire.

That's my two-pennorth anyway.

JohnW
JohnW is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..