Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-04-2005, 10:57   #1
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Guilty of fly tipping

Today (Tuesday), is my refuse collection day this week it's my wheelie bin collection day. Building up before this day every fortnight is the pile upon pile of often disgusting waste that my neighbours & others decide to put in the back alley hoping that some-one else will do something about it. Often because I live in a gable end house it is piled against my house wall.
At last the council have decided to take action, how? Well it's quite obvious how, because I live in the nearest house to this mounting pile of sh*te It must be mine so the council has issued me with a warning that I must mend my ways or suffer the consequences that they are prepared to bring down upon me.
So I now not only have my neighbours sh*tting on me week in week out, I also have the local council quite prepared to sh*t on me from an even greater height.

I live on my own and am very happy to do so, why would my neighbours think that I would wish to adopt and care for this ever increasing pile is beyond me.

Last edited by Less; 05-04-2005 at 11:09.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 05-04-2005, 11:04   #2

Re: Guilty of fly tipping

Write back to them and tell them the situation,if it falls on deaf ears take it further,keep copies of all your letters that you send to anyone,then you can fight them all the way.
These people think they can do what they want because they work in a council office,dont let them get away with it............the facists!!

jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:05   #3
God Member

Get right back onto them and make it clear that it isn't your rubbish. The council seem to think they are judge and Jury. Its time we let them know that this isn't the case and teh burdon of proof is still on them.
entwisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:06   #4
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Have you asked the council what proof they have that it is your rubbish?
Old 05-04-2005, 11:08   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by entwisi
Get right back onto them and make it clear that it isn't your rubbish. The council seem to think they are judge and Jury. Its time we let them know that this isn't the case and teh burdon of proof is still on them.
I've sent them an e-mail this morning will await the reply with baited breathe.
Old 05-04-2005, 11:15   #6
God Member

They're probably going to use the provisions of the Prevention of Terrorism Act 2005 and keep you under house arrest so you can't nip out and dump your rubbish in the middle of the night.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 11:40   #7

Get your camera out and take some picks of them adding to your waste and let the council have them
fireman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 13:20   #8
Member.

This is not as daft as it may first sound!!!! Ask for a representative of the council to call and visit you the next time they dump their rubbish. Offer the council bloke a pair of disposable rubber gloves and ask him to search the rubbish for written evidence that cites the neighbours as the culprits, when he has the proof, demand an apology and compensation for there mistake….

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 13:33   #9
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug
This is not as daft as it may first sound!!!! Ask for a representative of the council to call and visit you the next time they dump their rubbish. Offer the council bloke a pair of disposable rubber gloves and ask him to search the rubbish for written evidence that cites the neighbours as the culprits, when he has the proof, demand an apology and compensation for there mistake….

that is a very very good idea doug..........because if they start finding nappies,baby jars (foe example) this proves that it is NOT less's stuff because as he clearly stated he lives on his own, so what would he be using these things for. The council have threatened that if they find bin bags on back alleys and not in wheelie bins ''THEY WILL SEARCH THEM FOR EVIDENCE OF THE OWNER AND PROSECUTE'' yeah WELL GET ON WITH IT THEN you idle sh'ts.
Sorry about that but they are really annoying me now the council, and they should be prosecuted FOR WASTING OUR BL''DY TIME!!!!!
Let us know how you get on less mate........ and keep going til something is done.

Miracles do happen!!

slinky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 13:38   #10
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

agree 100% with slinky,they bug the crap out of me also(jobsworths) do not surrender,less keep at em,N.L.T.B.G.Y.D.
Old 05-04-2005, 13:47   #11
Resident Waffler

Was your letter similar to the one I just received Less, entitled "Refuse Collection Warning Letter" ? My reaction to it was "blooming cheek!"

They reckon several people in my area have already been fined £50. Well let them just try and fine me £50! There is NOTHING, not one item, not one teensy weensy bit of an item in my wheelie bin that is possibly recyclable. All my recyclables are plonked in the respective receptacles and who doesn't take them when they should? Hyndborg Council Refuse Dept that's who! Who told me to leave my paper sack outside for the best part of a fortnight because they forgot to collect it when they emptied the box and the blue sack? HCRD that's who. We have made several trips to the tip recently in order to recycle stuff that they won't flippin well collect as recyclable but which I don't put into my wheelie bin because it is recyclable.

They have powers you know. It says so in the letter. I just wish those powers included the ability to pick up the rubbish they drop every Wednesday around these parts. I shall be out with my camera again tomorrow to collect evidence if necessary, and I shall be making phone calls.

Good luck to you Less if they try fining you for rubbish that isn't yours. At least now we've got a name of a responsible person to contact. The Waste Services Manager goes by the name of Mr. S. Riley. He can send out letters to us, lets see how he copes if he's inundated with phones calls from us.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 14:28   #12
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Post any pictures on here so we can all see them. You could start a thread for such photos from other members then invite Mr Riley onto the forum to explain why it happens. Lets see if he is as strong a character as Gayle Knight.
Old 05-04-2005, 15:17   #13
I am Banned

they council bin router should have scrummaged through the trash to look for letters so they knew which address it came from

if they havnt found letters they have no proof

bollox to them you should ring the obseerver and tell them of teh councils false accusations they have a reorter there who loves syicking it to the council over the wheelie bin policy or it may be the telegraph
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 15:59   #14
Len
God Member

I am surprised that the council haven’t got the brains to work out what has been going on here.
I bet that the neighbours who are dumping their rubbish may well think they are being help full towards the bin men by carting their rubbish to the end of the back, making it a lot easier for them to collect. Not realizing that the poor sods in the end houses are getting the blame.
But, I suppose they have to blame someone, so they must start at the first house and work their way along until they find the culprits upsetting an accusing everyone that’s in their path.
Good luck Less.
Len is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2005, 16:09   #15

This weeks deposit was a carpet that some-one had removed from their living room, not much chance of the address being found there unless the council do a full survey of the internal measurements of the properties.

My back passage should be left alone unless I give some-one permission to actually make a contribution!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..