Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2005, 17:16   #76
Accrington Web Mascot

Re: Guilty of fly tipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobthedj
phone the depot and they will pick up, but leave your back gate open for 14 days.
I phoned the council to remove an old washing machine & was told the same - so I left it outside the locked back gate rather than in my yard unlocked. It was removed just after a week.

But then on the 14th day the council phoned me at work to say that they had been to collect it & the gate was locked. I explained that I had left it outside the gate and it had already been removed - she concluded that another department must've already been for it.

So the rubbish will be removed quicker if you fly tip than to go through the correct procedures - but there was absolutely no way I was leaving my gate open for 2 weeks.

(PS - not condoning fly tipping - I left it outside my own gate - if anyone was gonna get fined, it would've been me.)
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-04-2005, 18:52   #77
I am Banned

i think the only way we can get the council to admit they are wrong and reinstate a weekly pickup is for everyone to simply throw excess waste directly onto the back alley making sure not to throw anything on the back alley with their name and address on it like letters etc

only when the council realise they are spending more time cleaning up the back alleys than what they would be doing on a weekly pickup rota will they possibly see the errors of their ways

i would also like to bring up the subject of hygine

for years we have thrown out our rubbish into the back yard or garden but now we are expected to keep it indoors for 2 weeks

washing out sharp tins is dangerous enough and you never quite get the tin %100 clean so a pile of tins in your kitchen with rotting food in them will attract mice , rats and other things

i personaly live near a river with plenty of rats in the area and since the introduction of the wheelie bin policy the rats are no longer limiting themselves to the river but are been attracted to our homes by the mess the council leave behind

terraced houses are prone to mice it only takes one house to get them and we all get them as they go along the lofts and under the floors all along the block etc

since the wheelie bin policy came into effect i have had the councils rat catcher out 5 times at a cost of £10 each time to put poison down

they now refuse to put poison down because i have a child so if the mice come back i have to live with them

i am not alone in this problem my neighbours cats are near exhaustion catching mice and my neighbour often wakes up to spot a mouses head on the floor or some other body part the cat left behind

apart from sterilizing food containers and beer bottles etc i dont see how you can eliminate the odour which can attract vermin

i put the idea that people living near rivers should get weekly pickups to greg pope and he agreed it was common sense but has no power over the council so i rang the council and they said they would put it down as an idea but the second time i rang up there was no mention of it on the computer when i asked if it had been looked into

anyway in my eyes everyone should get weekly pick up or get council tax halved as we are only getting half the service we used to do
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 15:36   #78
Resting in Peace

Right i got the same letter less got so I took before and after the binmen came today
i must say they did a great job and cleared all the extra bin bags too have a look at the before and after pics

not 1 bin bag left after they had been round this area
so why the letter ??
Attached Images
File Type: jpg before.jpg (70.1 KB, 12 views)
File Type: jpg before1.jpg (71.7 KB, 11 views)
File Type: jpg before2.jpg (69.3 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg before4.jpg (64.2 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg after1.jpg (59.1 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg after2.jpg (62.0 KB, 9 views)
File Type: jpg after2.jpg (62.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg after3.jpg (50.6 KB, 8 views)
File Type: jpg after4.jpg (62.4 KB, 8 views)

Last edited by Mick; 08-04-2005 at 15:38.
Mick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 17:17   #79
mez
God Member

don't worry less everyone's got one of those letters on our avenue
Old 08-04-2005, 17:44   #80
Accrington Web Mascot

It would've been nice if they added a covering note to the letter posted through the doors of people they weren't actually targeting. The bloke from the council did state that they decided to complete a blanket mailshot so people knew they were getting tough. But now they have just upset many innocent people and it could have been easily avoided.

Secondly, they have reduced the impact of the letters because who knows if they have one which is serious or not? Well done HBC - you've managed to make a bad situation even worse!!!
ShortStuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2005, 18:38   #81
I am Banned

hmm the council seem to have now told the binmen they can take black binliners away and make everyone happy

is there an election coming up soon or somthing because this is the first time i have heard of them removing black binliners as they usualy leave them on the alley and send a man round who then rummages for evidece where it came from and then threatens the poor ****** with a £1000 fine

i wonder if the binmen will still remove binliners after the election
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..