Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 21-06-2005, 06:00   #1
God Member

What would Jesus Eat? Ohh Puh-lease!

You will excuse me bringing yet another Times article to your attention. This is too funny not to share...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...662267,00.html

...or it would be if it were not true.
Old 21-06-2005, 07:59   #2
I am Banned

Re: What would Jesus Eat? Ohh Puh-lease!

the only thing i am pretty sure jesus wouldnt eat is malteesers because they would keep falling through his hands before he could get them to his mouth
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 08:03   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

think he'd give Mcdonalds a miss lol
Old 21-06-2005, 08:30   #4
Resident Waffler

I thought he didn't eat much meat? McDonalds wouldn't be problem then would it?

Let's face it folks, the fad diets have just about been done to death. Somebody had to come up with a new slant before long.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 10:25   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp
I thought he didn't eat much meat? McDonalds wouldn't be problem then would it?
Of course he didn't eat meat every time he would have touched his roast pork it would have been healed and started running around the place! (most upsetting for his dinner guests).

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-06-2005, 21:47   #6
Passed away 25-11-09

Eat like Jesus? Didn't he go into the desert and fast for 40 days and 40 nights? Now that's what I call a diet.
Old 21-06-2005, 22:05   #7
Member.

Good God is nothing sacred in the land of the free? I love the bit at the end where there’s an attempt to differentiate between a kosher Jewish diet and the Jesus diet. It appears also to be an attempt to reclaim Jesus as a Jew, which he obviously was of course….I understood the Bible to be a multi faith book reflecting a Capricornia of eastern religions which like our own pre Christian Pagan/Celtic religion was adopted and adapted by Roman. Oh dear, say no to the pork, but pass us a sheep’s eye ball and a few nuts please………..lol

On - Stanley – On
- Who’s Laughing Now -
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 07:53   #8
Resident Waffler

If we're being strictly Biblical with this Jesus diet then pork wouldn't be banned.

Old 22-06-2005, 10:59   #9

Sorry Willow, but pig is an unclean animal in the jews eyes so pork is deffo off the diet. It comes under animals with a cleft or split foot, which rendered it unclean under the Mosaic law.
Old 22-06-2005, 13:54   #10
Filthy / Gorgeous

Bejeweled Blitz Champion!

I can't believe that year after year so-called sensible people fall for faddy diet after faddy diet. The people who invent these diets, start clubs based on them and earn millions of quid publishing and selling their books really must see us coming.

Dieting is really very simple. There's no gimmick involved. All you need to do is eat a healthy balanced diet and expend more energy than you consume..

There you go.......I told you that for free...

The views expressed here are my own and not necessarily those of my family, friends, employer, this site, my neighbours, hairdresser, dentist, GP, next door's dog or anyone else who knows me..
lettie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 14:05   #11
☆ V.I.P Member ☆

whattttttttttt jesus never tried a bacon butt???
Old 22-06-2005, 14:31   #12
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by big al
Sorry Willow, but pig is an unclean animal in the jews eyes so pork is deffo off the diet. It comes under animals with a cleft or split foot, which rendered it unclean under the Mosaic law.
I had in mind the bit where Peter was hungry and fell into a trance and saw "heaven opened and a certain vessel descending unto him, as it had been a great sheet knit at the four corners, and let down to the earth: wherein were all manner of fourfooted beasts, creeping things and fouls of the air. And there came a voice to him, Rise Peter, kill and eat. But Peter said Not so Lord for I have never eaten anything that is common or unclean. And the voice spake unto him again the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common." Acts 10:11-15

So I reckon if the Lord was saying it was OK for Peter to eat anything whether or not the Jews called it clean or unclean because he had come to supercede the Mosaic law, then he probably wasn't averse to a bit of pork himself. I know it was meant to be symbolic.

Old 22-06-2005, 18:05   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

jesus saves,but so does brad freidal only better lol
Old 22-06-2005, 18:08   #14

Thumbs up Re: What would Jesus Eat? Ohh Puh-lease!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acrylic-bob
You will excuse me bringing yet another Times article to your attention. This is too funny not to share...

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article...662267,00.html

...or it would be if it were not true.
Ref to your Bi- Cetennial reminder.
There is a film tonight at 9-0 clock, presented by Michael Portello uncovering the beliefs and passions of Horatio Nelson's extraordinary life. I hope Bob that you will be reviewing this film, and give your opinions of Portillo's revellations about the truths and myths that have grown up around Nelson. Looking forward to reading you. T.C.
T.C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-06-2005, 18:32   #15

This means that, in order to lose weight as Jesus lost weight, I will have to actually eat more than I currently do

I fully agree with this comment. I dont eat breakfast or dinner. I only eat once a day, usually about 9pm
jpest1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..