Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 26-08-2010, 11:16   #1
Give, give, give member

'What's the fuss?' ask catty church goer.

'Prosecutors from the RSPCA will review evidence against the bank worker who was caught on CCTV dumping a cat in a wheelie bin.'

'Mary Bale, 45, has been interviewed by officials from the charity after public outcry over her actions.'
Cat bin woman Mary Bale: Please forgive me, says bank worker | Mail Online

Watching the actions of this church going bank worker, is shocking. What she did is cruel, and heartless.

Apparently she's now under police protection, after thousands of people have joined social network groups, threatening her similar harm, or even death.

What do we think?

Thousands of acts of nasty, cruelty are carried out every day, but we don't get to see clips of them on the internet, so those people aren't the target for our massed wrath.

A moment of madness, or an illustration of how seemingly civilised people will act...if they think no one's watching?

Last edited by garinda; 26-08-2010 at 11:25.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 26-08-2010, 11:22   #2
God Member

Re: 'What's the fuss?' ask catty church goer.

I'd shake her hand and buy her half a pint of mild.

I see one of the big stories in the local press is about the dog slung in the canal. Shame it was not a cat - or preferably - a dozen of 'em.
Tealeaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 11:25   #3
God Member

Top Cat lived in a bin for years.

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
yerself is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 11:26   #4
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
I'd shake her hand and buy her half a pint of mild.

I see one of the big stories in the local press is about the dog slung in the canal. Shame it was not a cat - or preferably - a dozen of 'em.
Not a pussy person, then?

Old 26-08-2010, 11:26   #5
Beacon of light

You might Tealeaf, but what she did was a premeditated act of cruelty against a defenceless animal who was doing her no harm. I hope they hit her with an eye watering fine.

And before you ask...yes I do own cats (or more realistically, they own me).
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 11:28   #6
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
You might Tealeaf, but what she did was a premeditated act of cruelty against a defenceless animal who was doing her no harm. I hope they hit her with an eye watering fine.

And before you ask...yes I do own cats (or more realistically, they own me).
Do you think it was premeditated?

One second she looks like she's enjoying stroking it, a split second later she's dumping it in the bin.

Old 26-08-2010, 11:32   #7
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
'

Apparently she's now under police protection, after thousands of people have joined social network groups, threatening her similar harm, or even death.
Of course she got death threats, it would be useless her neighbours sending her to Coventry.

I am harrassed by a live in cat, do you think if I was to pay her bus fare she could perform a similar service for me?
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 11:36   #8
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post

I am harrassed by a live in cat, do you think if I was to pay her bus fare she could perform a similar service for me?

It depends if she's prosecured...for putting non-vegetation in a green bin.

Old 26-08-2010, 11:52   #9
God Member

Three further points:

1) It seems a bit of a coincidence that someone just happened to be filming the cat & wheelie bin when this woman just happened to walk past and then do the deed.

2) The article says that officials from the RSPCA interviewed her. Under what statute or legal authority has this outfit got the right to interview people in the context of possible criminal prosecution? Surely this right rests with the cops and the cops alone. I know if someone from the RSPCA attempted to interview me on suspicion of cat cruelty they would be told where to go and if they persisted they would get a good headbutting followed by a mighty kick in the bollocks.

3) I notice in the video clip that a car drives past as she is about to bung the moggy in the bin. If that had have been me, it would have been sod the bin - sling the cat under the car wheels.
Old 26-08-2010, 12:00   #10
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tealeaf View Post
Three further points:

1) It seems a bit of a coincidence that someone just happened to be filming the cat & wheelie bin when this woman just happened to walk past and then do the deed.

2) The article says that officials from the RSPCA interviewed her. Under what statute or legal authority has this outfit got the right to interview people in the context of possible criminal prosecution? Surely this right rests with the cops and the cops alone. I know if someone from the RSPCA attempted to interview me on suspicion of cat cruelty they would be told where to go and if they persisted they would get a good headbutting followed by a mighty kick in the bollocks.

3) I notice in the video clip that a car drives past as she is about to bung the moggy in the bin. If that had have been me, it would have been sod the bin - sling the cat under the car wheels.

Apparently, like many houses nowadays, it has CCTV running all the time.

Old 26-08-2010, 12:06   #11
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
Apparently, like many houses nowadays, it has CCTV running all the time.
Ah, a run down and desperate area eh?

In that case all she needs to say is that she put the cat in the bin for it's own protection from people in that area.
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 12:13   #12
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Ah, a run down and desperate area eh?

In that case all she needs to say is that she put the cat in the bin for it's own protection from people in that area.
So this happened in Ossy, then?
Old 26-08-2010, 12:14   #13
Beacon of light

I think it was premeditated, as she looked around before she performed this heartless deed.

And now she professes deep sorrow. The sorrow that she feels is because she was caught on CCTV.....and that she is being vilified for her actions.

There are some animlas that i don't like, but I wouldn entice them to come to me and then put them in a bin, from which they had absolutely no chance of escape.

Like the thugs who tortured a terrier by placing it in two carrier bags, attaching these to a rucksack full of bricks and then tossing the poor animal into the canal. what a terrifying death that poor dog must have had. I hope the perpetrators have a similar end to their lives. (PBWY)
Do these morons have any sensibilities at all? Well, obviously the answer is 'No' or they would not have done such a cruel thing.
Cruel, nasty and senseless.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 17:36   #14
Common Sense Member

I've not actually read this story properly, I almost feel I don't need to now that she's the most famous woman in Great Britain. There's almost certainly a reason for her doing it but I haven't been told what it is yet.

Of all the things that wind me up at Rishton Towers, it's other people's cats. We seem to have in the region of 2 billion cats in our village and they all avail themselves in my bloody pot plants each day and kill the sparrows that come to my back yard for food.

I'm not condoning what she's done but if she's as fed up of scraping cat muck out of her roses as I am then I can at least partially understand why.

http://hyndburn-labour.blogspot.co.uk/ - Updates from the Hyndburn Labour Group
Ken Moss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-08-2010, 17:37   #15
God Member

in all fairness though, the cats owner has forgiven the woman and has said that there is no need for the death threats its ridiculous, twas on This Morning (this morning)

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..