Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2009, 10:35   #1
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Which Is Worse?

have just read that a report suggests tougher fines fer dropping litter! whilst i agree litter dropping is n anti-social thing,n should be tackled, what i cannot grasp is another report,of n intruder armed with n hammer at the unfortunate "Jade Goodys" hospital bed, the woman responsible police say has been released from custody and there will be no futher action! now am i stupid? this to me is far more serious than dropping litter? the implications do not bear thinking about, yet think tanks n such are paid good public money to come up with these ideas about litter why is the money not used to tackle real crime n stuff which could really effect people?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:44   #2
God Member

Re: Which Is Worse?

Maybe the woman with a hammer wasn't prosecuted because it maybe was a stunt arranged by Max Clifford.
Nothing that man stoops low for surprises me

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 10:48   #3
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
Maybe the woman with a hammer wasn't prosecuted because it maybe was a stunt arranged by Max Clifford.
Nothing that man stoops low for surprises me
if that was the case which i doubt,surely Clifford would/ should be done fer wasting police time?
Old 09-03-2009, 10:52   #4
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
if that was the case which i doubt,surely Clifford would/ should be done fer wasting police time?
Perhaps the police don't want to be seen to be aggravating an already sensitive issue.
As for litter - our plastic policemen are to be given the power to fine on the spot offenders, so the real bobbies can spend more time catching nasty crims.

MargaretR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:14   #5
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by MargaretR View Post
so the real bobbies can spend more time catching nasty crims.
Yeah right, and did the story you read about this begin 'Once upon a Time', & end, 'and they all lived happily ever after'?

Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:18   #6
Resting in Peace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yeah right, and did the story you read about this begin 'Once upon a Time', & end, 'and they all lived happily ever after'?

I think that's the scenario in cloud cuckoo land Less
Old 09-03-2009, 11:27   #7

Don't get me on about the litter, whenever I come back to England I am always disgusted at the rubbish thrown on the floor. When I was growing up we would put our rubbish in our pocket until we where near a bin.
Is it that their are not enough litter bins in the community?
Is it that people have no pride in their community?
In my community we have lots of garbage cans available, we have community clean up days in the spring, to clean up after the winter.
When people visit that is always one of the things everyone comments on how clean it is here.
Please help me understand this?
And please don't get me going on the dog poop everywhere...
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:31   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whats to understand magily? the whole point of the thread is someone at a hospital bedside with a hammer is dealt with less severly than a litter lout, unless you think it should be so?
Old 09-03-2009, 11:34   #9
God Member

because of all this enviromental and lets be green brainwashing we have been subjected to the past few years its is now more of a stigma to be a litter bug or non recycler than to be a murderer

you can get a bigger fine for leaving a black bin bag out with your wheelie bin than what you would get for shoplifiting or assaulting somone

also instead of placing more bins on teh streets councils amazingly now put less on teh streets probably because they are scared somone will put a bomb in one and we all know how high up accrington is on alquiads list of things to do dont we

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:42   #10
God Member

Well Cashy I'm with you, I can't get my head round dropping litter being the more serious matter.
Old 09-03-2009, 12:08   #11
Senior Member+

Should that silly Tart that showered Mandy with Green stuff not have had an on the spot fine also, seeing as half of it ended up on the pavement!!

I'm amazed anybody got past the press pack to get to Jade Goody without being spotted, bound to have summat to do with that moron of a husband of hers!

Best Regards - Taggy
Taggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:28   #12
God Member

i wouldnt put it past her and her agent to have arranged teh whole thing seen as her life and whats left of it has been spent prostituting her self for teh tabloids and whatbetter way to make a few extra quid than appear in the magazines and papers with a shocking story

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 12:42   #13
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!

whatever the truth of the matter is completely irrelevant is dropping litter e.g a fag end/ crisp packet more serious? i certainly don't think so.
Old 09-03-2009, 15:21   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashman View Post
whats to understand magily? the whole point of the thread is someone at a hospital bedside with a hammer is dealt with less severly than a litter lout, unless you think it should be so?
My apologies cashman for not staying on topic , it was early here and I just saw the mention of litter which is a pet hate of mine when I come to England
magily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 16:09   #15
Resting in Peace

To me cashy its just a sign of the times, you know the though on crime though on the causes of crime, you dare drop a piece of paper and we'll have you banged to rights, threaten somebody with a hammer and you get a pat on the head and a sugar lump

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..