Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-05-2006, 20:35   #31
Beacon of light

Re: Who could this be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Good manners and civility cost nothing Mick;you would expect the Leader of the Council to be setting an example;maybe that's expecting too much!
And I don't think these threads constitute 'moaning' - they are just observations.

All I can say is that there must be an awful lot of blind people in Ossy...they can't see that he has done precious little over the years that he has been in office...well, that is until someone with a bit of drive and determination stands against him...then he is falling over himself to tell us what he is doing...or should I say his cronies are!
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 19-05-2006, 22:40   #32

One only has to read a letter in this weeks Observer (dated 19.5.06) from a Mr John Kirby to realise that he's hit the nail on the head when he says that voter apathy was the real winner in the local elections. Hardly a mandate for Mr "Civility" PB and his cronies.
Old 19-05-2006, 23:17   #33
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shady McGough
One only has to read a letter in this weeks Observer (dated 19.5.06) from a Mr John Kirby to realise that he's hit the nail on the head when he says that voter apathy was the real winner in the local elections. Hardly a mandate for Mr "Civility" PB and his cronies.
You are the same age as the said letter writer. Are you related?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 05:51   #34
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindsay ormerod
Good manners and civility cost nothing Mick;you would expect the Leader of the Council to be setting an example;maybe that's expecting too much!
I was just reading over this thread and your post caught my eye Lindsay. If Labour had got in then the Leader of the Council would be Graham Jones. Now that really is a worrying thought. Call Peter what you want but I can't imagine him being daft enough to swear at someone on a public forum.
Old 20-05-2006, 09:25   #35
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neil
I was just reading over this thread and your post caught my eye Lindsay. If Labour had got in then the Leader of the Council would be Graham Jones. Now that really is a worrying thought. Call Peter what you want but I can't imagine him being daft enough to swear at someone on a public forum.

Peter probably just swears out loud when he reads a certain 'public forum'.

Old 20-05-2006, 09:42   #36
Senior Member+

Quote:
Neil, if General Ratko Mladic stood fot the Conservatives you'd vote for him and attack me which I accept as part of the job.

However I won't repeat the foul, abusive and vulgar tirade Peter came out with at the count (in a public forum).

Last edited by g jones; 20-05-2006 at 10:37.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 09:48   #37
Senior Member+

Quote:
double post...

Last edited by g jones; 20-05-2006 at 10:36.
g jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 17:42   #38

So you are at it again Neil, attacking Graham, and making out Peter Britcliffe to be some sort of saint. I know who I would rather have as the local leader of my party, Graham is honest hard working and has the interests of the people of Hyndburn as his driving force.
I can only add that Peter Britcliffe's conduct at the count was disgraceful, I hate to think how he would have behaved if he had lost control of the council.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-2006, 20:05   #39
Administrator

Ace Driver Champion!
Onslaught 2.1 Champion!
Defender of the Holy Pig Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by claytonender
making out Peter Britcliffe to be some sort of saint
Just when and where exactly did I say that Peter was a saint? I think your getting a little carried away now.
Old 21-05-2006, 07:45   #40

The fact of the matter is that as far as you are concerned Peter can do no wrong and Graham appears to be the devil incarnate.
I don't know why you have this opinion of Graham, who is a decent hard working councillor, who only wants the best for Hyndburn, as opposed to Peter Britcliffe, who appears to want to destroy our borough for some personal ego trip.

Last edited by claytonender; 21-05-2006 at 08:44.
claytonender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-2006, 08:34   #41
Give, give, give member

I think Neil is just a bit tetchy because after being brought up in the Tory strong hold of the Ribble Valley he has had to move to Ossy.

Old 21-05-2006, 13:57   #42

Have to say I agree with Claytonender, I too was at the count and found Peter Britcliffe's antics astounding. I was actually told by a Conservative friend of mine (and yes I admit I have them) that, and I quote, "Peter always spends the evening of the count in the pub". Not conduct becoming of the leader of the council and I'm sure the people who voted for him would not appreciate the way he obviously takes the votes and voters for granted and would rather spend the evening in the pub.
Old 21-05-2006, 14:15   #43
Full Member+

Talking Re: Who could this be?

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda
You are the same age as the said letter writer. Are you related?
Yep, they are brother and sister!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..