Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: Who would make the best Prime Minister?
Gordon Brown (Labour) 4 25.00%
David Cameron (Conservative) 11 68.75%
Nick Clegg (Liberal Democrat) 1 6.25%
Voters: 16. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 14-05-2008, 15:35   #106
Super Moderator

Re: Who would make the best Prime Minister?

Yes, I know that the New Conservatives like to maintain this little charade about being in the EU, but still maintaining our own indepedence, but out in the real world, we all know that you can't do both, don't we?
Old 14-05-2008, 15:52   #107
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Yes, I know that the New Conservatives like to maintain this little charade about being in the EU, but still maintaining our own indepedence, but out in the real world, we all know that you can't do both, don't we?
Read what the leading conservative MEP says:

Giles Chichester: Lisbon Treaty takes Europe in the wrong direction - News Story - Conservative Party

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2008, 16:13   #108
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Europe can work in our favour. I don't think its a black and white, in or out issue. It's more an issue of what do we want the European Union to be about.

I was happy with the EEC.
Old 14-05-2008, 16:57   #109
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royboy39 View Post
Seems like a load of flannel to me and, of course, Giles would be in favour of the EU, as he's firmly aboard the gravy train!

And, Cyfr, the situation is black and white. Either, we stay part of a profoundly undemocratic, corrupt and inefficient institution (so inefficient that the auditors have refused to sign the accounts off for 12 years in succession), or we leave and re-establish our independence. As all three major parties are pro-EU, unfortunately it isn't going to happen, and I am now resigned to the fact that we will simply be part of the United States of Europe in years to come. An ignominous end to a thousand years of independence!
Old 15-05-2008, 19:49   #110
God Member

Cashy, it is indeed very funny, but I am still wetting myself about my last 'scheme' lol.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..