Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-07-2007, 01:26   #1
Senior Member+

Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind...

about time a muslim organisation did something like this... very very late but better late than never....

MUSLIMS UNITED

..Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind, And whoever saves one, it is as if he saved the whole of mankind
[The Holy Quran, 5:32]

BBC NEWS | England | London | Muslims in anti-terror campaign

British Muslims are leading a new campaign condemning the recent attempted car bomb attacks in London and Glasgow. The campaign, titled "Not in Our Name", will be launched across the UK with adverts in newspapers.
It emphasises "the Muslim community's rejection of any attempts to link any such criminal attacks to the teachings of Islam", organisers said.
Muslims from various professions have backed the campaign, including doctors.

Old 06-07-2007, 07:07   #2
Resident Waffler

Re: Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind...

That's a beautiful verse from the Quran Mani. It would be good if the whole of humanity whatever their religion (or none) could live by that.

It's good to hear of the campaign.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:01   #3
Beacon of light

Re: Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind...

Mani......I like that.....I like it a lot.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 09:18   #4
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

about time a muslim organisation did something like this... very very late but better late than never.. ------------------ agree mani its a BIG step in the right direction.
Old 06-07-2007, 09:33   #5
God Member

Every time there is some atrocity of this type, the Muslim community have repeatedly said 'not in my name', it's brilliant that it's getting the message home now.

Muslim's I know are as appalled as anyone else about the bombs and they are doubly appalled because they feel like they're getting the blame for it.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 10:07   #6
Beacon of light

To apportion blame on a whole community may be wrong, but it is a coping mechanism...it allows people to feel like they have some control.

And have any of these bombers been anything other than muslims? OK...I don't mean to be offensive to anyone....I am just asking a question.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:10   #7
Beacon of light

And if the Muslim community really wants to be taken seriously on a 'Not in my name' campaign, then they have to stop the extremist muslim clerics from poisoning the young minds of the boys of their communities. I was always led to believe that Islam was a peaceful religion.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:42   #8
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
And if the Muslim community really wants to be taken seriously on a 'Not in my name' campaign, then they have to stop the extremist muslim clerics from poisoning the young minds of the boys of their communities. I was always led to believe that Islam was a peaceful religion.
thats true but not very simple,was listening to an interview with an EX- Radical the other night, he was recruited at 15 yrs of age very slowly by people who befriended him leaving the mosque, inviting him to their homes, giving him nice meals etc, then slowley introducing him to parts of the koran that the moderate imams dont focus on,ie, beheadings etc etc,so if they aint learning it from the clerics at the mosque,(some do but very few) how do you stop it? very difficult i think,but somehow we have too.

i
Old 06-07-2007, 10:47   #9
Beacon of light

Cashy, that is what I am saying.....it is down to the Muslim community to stick together and root out these people. Not invite them to their homes, not give them good food and hospitality......but question them about their malicious beliefs......stop their young boys from having their minds poisoned with what is hatred, pure and simple.
If the Muslim community cannot do this....or worse still won't do this, then they cannot complain when people think that all terrorists are islamic.
You can only change how people think of you by actively doing something to change these ideas.
Old 06-07-2007, 10:49   #10
Beacon of light

I appreciate that many many muslims are peaceful and uphold the peaceful doctrines of their religion, but the minority are having an adverse effect on the lives of the majority....and while they allow this to continue then a campaign...no matter how worthy, will do nothing.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11   #11
Senior Member+

About time.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11   #12
Senior Member+

About time.
Old 06-07-2007, 12:11   #13
Give, give, give member

I do think it would be a very good idea for Muslims to make more of a public stand against the acts which are puportedly being carried out in the name of Allah.

Perhaps if as many people took to the streets, as they did to protest against the war in Iraq, it would be a fantastic start.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:12   #14
Give, give, give member

I do think it would be a very good idea for Muslims to make more of a public stand against the acts which are puportedly being carried out in the name of Allah.

Perhaps if as many people took to the streets, as they did to protest against the war in Iraq, it would be a fantastic start.

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2007, 12:33   #15
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
Cashy, that is what I am saying.....it is down to the Muslim community to stick together and root out these people. Not invite them to their homes, not give them good food and hospitality......but question them about their malicious beliefs......stop their young boys from having their minds poisoned with what is hatred, pure and simple.
I think he meant that the radicals invite the impressionable young men into their homes not that the parents invite the radicals into theirs. Gosh I'm even struggling to try to explain it without it sounding like I mean it the other way round.

I've heard horrified parents and friends and family of terrorists express incredulity when they learn that the ordinary guy they thought they knew has done something appalling like the suicide bombing.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..