Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-07-2007, 11:22   #31
God Member

Re: Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Margaret Pilkington View Post
To apportion blame on a whole community may be wrong, but it is a coping mechanism...it allows people to feel like they have some control.

And have any of these bombers been anything other than muslims? OK...I don't mean to be offensive to anyone....I am just asking a question.
I dont think its limited to muslims only in my opinion, though I dont have any particular interest of the terrorist attacks when it comes to following the news. Perhaps muslim people just have more reason to bomb the country, they must have more of a motive than it just being a purely religious thing, there must be deeper reasoning to it than just bombing innocent people to go to their heaven. My muslim friends told me that technically they'd actually go to hell, which most muslims avoid, more so than many other races of people in my opinion.
blazey is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 07-07-2007, 11:38   #32
Resident Waffler

Re: Whoever kills an innocent soul.. it is as if he killed the whole of mankind...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gayle View Post
Isn't it part of every religion to go forth and spread the word? I don't think you can fault Muslims for doing that, it's just the methodology that is at fault.

In the 1800s, the Brits went forth and tried to convert as many people as possible - that's why Christianity is so far and widespread.
It's not spreading the word of Islam that's the problem Gayle. It's spreading the word of intollerance and hatred of all things non-muslim, which is actually in itself non-muslim as far as I am aware from muslims I know. Before clerics like Abu Hamza were permitted to enter this country they should have been checked out, but the government naively trusted that all they would be preaching would be Islam not murder and mayhem.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:03   #33
Resting in Peace

What shakes me up a little on these bombings is that they appear to be doctors and people concerned with the medical profession. Through all their years of training, they are taught to 'save lifes' not destroy. The over-riding brain washing appears to be quite powerful.
katex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 12:33   #34
Beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazey View Post
I dont think its limited to muslims only in my opinion, though I dont have any particular interest of the terrorist attacks when it comes to following the news. Perhaps muslim people just have more reason to bomb the country, they must have more of a motive than it just being a purely religious thing, there must be deeper reasoning to it than just bombing innocent people to go to their heaven. My muslim friends told me that technically they'd actually go to hell, which most muslims avoid, more so than many other races of people in my opinion.
What don't you think is limited to Muslims Blazey?
And Why should people bomb their host country that has given so much to them? They claim state benefits, are educated and their health care is provided.(OK, some are born here and it is their nation too) Stating the war in Iraq/afghanistan is a simplistic way of explaining away the terrorists......after all it was government policy that took soldiers to those two areas...if you think about it there were many demonstrations by the general public condemning this action......Yes, of course the government was elected by the population, but if we had thought that they would have gone to a war that no-one seemed to want...do you think they would have been elected. Even MP's were bamboozled by a document that told lies about Iraq's WMD...many of them acted ingood faith and they have since said that if the TRUTH had been evident they would not have voted with the government.
I think the apologists for the muslim terrorists are almost as bad as the terrorists themselves...because they give the aura that guerilla tactics are acceptable and in some cases even laudable.
Terror is never acceptable......and causing death in the way that they do is against the code of the islamic religion.
Margaret Pilkington is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 13:09   #35
Resting in peace

Quote:
Margaret Pilkington, I think the apologists for the muslim terrorists are almost as bad as the terrorists themselves...because they give the aura that guerilla tactics are acceptable and in some cases even laudable.
Terror is never acceptable......and causing death in the way that they do is against the code of the islamic religion.
Well said Margaret, how anyone can excuse terrorism is beyond my comprehension, your either for them or against them. Be they Moslem, Catholic, or Protestant etc.
Ianto.W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 13:52   #36
Super Moderator

Quote:
I think the apologists for the muslim terrorists are almost as bad as the terrorists themselves...
Agree with you 100%, Margaret. Does anybody seriously think that if we withdrew from Iraq and Afghanistan and helped the Palestinians to defeat Israel in order to set up a Palestinian state, the Islamists would stop their attacks? Of course they wouldn't because they despise Western society and all its values and they're looking to destroy it.
Old 07-07-2007, 14:11   #37
Beacon of light

That is exactly right....but if they despise the west so much why do they choose to live here?
And don't you catch more flies with a spoonful of sugar than you do with a barrel of vinegar...if conversion is what they want, then surely to impose these views is as fascist as the Nazi's were.
I can live peacefully with anyone who will accept that I have a right to my own views(religious or otherwise)
Old 07-07-2007, 14:34   #38
God Member

I just hope the British public keep in mind that extremists are in the smallest minority possible, as a moral panic that brings about prejudice to innocent people [other Muslims] is in my mind worse than random acts of terrorism.
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 14:40   #39
Super Moderator

Don't get me wrong, Shakey. I would agree with you that the majority of moderate, law-abiding muslims are beyond reproach. But I think we should unequivocally condemn the Islamists (ie, the muslim fundamentalists) who seek to overthrow our society by means of death and terror, without making excuses for them.
Old 07-07-2007, 14:43   #40
God Member

Quote:
That is exactly right....but if they despise the west so much why do they choose to live here?
And don't you catch more flies with a spoonful of sugar than you do with a barrel of vinegar...if conversion is what they want, then surely to impose these views is as fascist as the Nazi's were.
I can live peacefully with anyone who will accept that I have a right to my own views(religious or otherwise)
The Nazi's and the Fascist (I don't condone what they did) at least wore identifying uniforms these cretins haven't the guts to.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 14:45   #41
Beacon of light

I think the British public have been very tolerant over the years, and I would hope that most of them realise that it is a small minority who cause the problems. But it is up to the majority, to make it plain to this minority who are causing the problems, that the time has come for action to stop them. No campaign is going to succeed if it is not followed by action.
Old 07-07-2007, 14:48   #42
Beacon of light

Royboy....I think I might have noted that in a previous post.
That is what makes terrorism so damaging....you cannot tell, just by looking, who the terrorists are. That cannot be said of the British soldiers who are out in the hotspots.....they are sitting targets because of their uniforms.
Old 07-07-2007, 14:51   #43
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynonie Harris View Post
Don't get me wrong, Shakey. I would agree with you that the majority of moderate, law-abiding muslims are beyond reproach. But I think we should unequivocally condemn the Islamists (ie, the muslim fundamentalists) who seek to overthrow our society by means of death and terror, without making excuses for them.
Definitely, but we must make sure that we avoid prejudice against the innocent majority. Muslims wouldn't be the first ethnic/social group in Britain to obtain a stigma through the actions of a few evil scum.
The mind-numbingly bigoted and idiotic views of the red-top rags in this country don't help things in the slightest.

'War on terror' anyone?
shakermaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 14:56   #44
God Member

Quote:
Royboy....I think I might have noted that in a previous post.
That is what makes terrorism so damaging....you cannot tell, just by looking, who the terrorists are. That cannot be said of the British soldiers who are out in the hotspots.....they are sitting targets because of their uniforms.
That is the point I was making...I was taught that anyone acting as a combatant out of uniform is a spy and should be treated as such.

Blackburn Rovers Supporter Since 1950
Royboy39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2007, 15:00   #45
Beacon of light

Yes......do they still shoot spies? Probably not eh?

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..