Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2007, 21:33   #16
I am Banned

Re: Why isnt this man a terrorist?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
spuggie

seriously

all i ever do now is play golf - tiger woods 2007

cud i be trying any harder not to be asian? *L*

if i post a picture of a bucket of whitewash will it offend you ?

nah better not although you get the humour some might not
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 13-02-2007, 21:35   #17
God Member

Quote:
spuggie

seriously

all i ever do now is play golf - tiger woods 2007

cud i be trying any harder not to be asian? *L*
No but you shouldnt have to. You are who you are and people should accept that. Its so easy because of a very minor group of people in any racial/religious communities to make it hard for the rest of that community. It happens in all these communities at some and sadly its yours that is suffering. In the 80's it was Irish catholics that were seen as all members of the IRA in some quarters though it was a minority that was responsible for the bombing killing and troubles.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:54   #18
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Hell yes I would say he was terrorist.

I agree with Mani if he was muslim he would have been preverbially hung drawn and quarted by the press and Media.
If he is convicted of these crimes, then yes I too would call him a terrorist.

However, I totally disagree that if he had been a Muslim he would have been treated any differently. There is admittedly anti-Islamic bias, both in the press, and in the public arena. But there is also the case were Muslim crimes are handled with kid gloves, so as not to offend, and appease the politically correct loby, which is present both in society in general, and the law of the land.

A good example of this would be the recent trial of the BNP's leader Nick Griffin on race hate crime charges, following undercover filming by the BBC. The charges came to light, and the Crown Prosecution Service took the case to trial. Griffin was found not guilty.

On the other hand we have the very similar story were Channel 4's Dispatches programme secretly filmed Muslim leaders, in British mosques, spouting similar hate filled rhetoric as Griffin did. No charges are to be brought against the people who were filmed coming out with racist, and homophobic garbage. The law of the land should be applicable to everyone, regardless of creed, or colour.

This man from Lancashire sounds like a total headcase, and he may or may not be found guilty of these crimes, but do not try to turn this into a case about racism, and how Muslims are a persecuted minority.

In my opinion there would be much less unrest in the country, if leaders of the Muslim faith condemed the extremists who are preaching hate and separatism in the name of Islam, from the comfort of a democratic country, Britain, and are being allowed to get away with it law.

http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/leg...icle342857.ece

http://www.judeoscope.ca/breve.php3?id_breve=3074

Last edited by garinda; 13-02-2007 at 22:59.
garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 22:58   #19
Coffin Dodger.

Jewel Quest Champion!
Cribbage Master Champion!

Quote:
now surely if this man was a muslim - he wud've been hung drawn and quartered by now for wanting to shoot blair and posessing explosive chemicals - surely he also should've been arrested under anti-terrorism legislation.

A former British National Party (BNP) candidate who held explosive chemicals in anticipation of a civil war wanted to shoot Tony Blair, a court heard.

Robert Cottage, 49, from Colne, Lancashire, pleaded guilty to possession of explosives at the start of his trial at Manchester Crown Court.

His wife said he often boasted of wanting to shoot Mr Blair and Lib Dem peer Lord Greaves, the court was told.

Mr Cottage denies conspiracy to cause an explosion.

A second man, David Jackson, 62, of Nelson, Lancashire, denies both charges under the Explosive Substances Act.
the only differance between him and me (and many more) is I think i would like to shoot blair,so maybe the secret service might think i should be locked up,this dipstick just went a stage further than us thinkers.but agree with your intial thing mani- if the guy was a muslim the press would have a field day.
Old 14-02-2007, 01:05   #20
Senior Member+

and you'd see tony blair or gordon brown sayin this proves that the islamic terrorist threat is real not only for the public but for politicians too hence we need these strict measures in the police force etc
Old 14-02-2007, 07:10   #21
God Member

Both the guys being questioned look total headcases, but wasn't it his wife that informed the police, she must have been convinced that he was going to do something to do that!
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-02-2007, 09:44   #22
Resident Waffler

Quote:
Originally Posted by garinda View Post
The law of the land should be applicable to everyone, regardless of creed, or colour.

I agree 100% with that. Everyone should be treated equally.

Quote:

In my opinion there would be much less unrest in the country, if leaders of the Muslim faith condemed the extremists who are preaching hate and separatism in the name of Islam, from the comfort of a democratic country, Britain, and are being allowed to get away with it law.
Yes, all peaceful people should be able to unite together against the hate filled extremists - a bit like that idea Gayle had which never got off the ground but it would be great if it could come from leaders.

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 20:28   #23
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post

Yes, all peaceful people should be able to unite together against the hate filled extremists - a bit like that idea Gayle had which never got off the ground but it would be great if it could come from leaders.

Sorry, missed this - which idea was this?

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2007, 23:18   #24
Resident Waffler

That one where we were all going to get wristbands but it sort of fizzled out. I can't remember if you originally thought of it or if that was somebody else - but you were looking into it maybe from a funding point of view.

Old 17-02-2007, 02:05   #25
Senior Member+

wristbands are sooooooooooooooo last year!!
Old 17-02-2007, 09:44   #26
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillowTheWhisp View Post
That one where we were all going to get wristbands but it sort of fizzled out. I can't remember if you originally thought of it or if that was somebody else - but you were looking into it maybe from a funding point of view.
I think it was Margaret Pilkington, wasn't it?

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2007, 19:06   #27
God Member

Yes, I think it was Margaret's idea.

The views expressed within this post are mine and mine alone.

Gayle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2007, 07:01   #28
Resident Waffler

Quote:
I think it was Margaret Pilkington, wasn't it?
It must have been that Gayle was looking at the possibilty of getting a grant for it then - 'AccyWebbers against Terrorism'

Quote:
wristbands are sooooooooooooooo last year!!
Well it was last year!

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..