Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 13-02-2007, 16:38   #1
Senior Member+

Why isnt this man a terrorist?

now surely if this man was a muslim - he wud've been hung drawn and quartered by now for wanting to shoot blair and posessing explosive chemicals - surely he also should've been arrested under anti-terrorism legislation.

A former British National Party (BNP) candidate who held explosive chemicals in anticipation of a civil war wanted to shoot Tony Blair, a court heard.

Robert Cottage, 49, from Colne, Lancashire, pleaded guilty to possession of explosives at the start of his trial at Manchester Crown Court.

His wife said he often boasted of wanting to shoot Mr Blair and Lib Dem peer Lord Greaves, the court was told.

Mr Cottage denies conspiracy to cause an explosion.

A second man, David Jackson, 62, of Nelson, Lancashire, denies both charges under the Explosive Substances Act.
Old 13-02-2007, 16:42   #2
God Member

Re: Why isnt this man a terrorist?

thats our government for ya though....pathetic
Old 13-02-2007, 17:20   #3
Give, give, give member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
now surely if this man was a muslim - he wud've been hung drawn and quartered by now
Don't get too carried away. Thankfully no one in Britain is hanged, drawn and quartered anymore.

The trial is continuing.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle1380013.ece

garinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 17:28   #4
Resident Waffler

Sounds like a terrorist to me. Actually I don't understand why we have to have a separate label. Somebody wants to blow people up for whatever reason or shoot people or whatever then it's the same offence surely isn't it?

WillowTheWhisp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 18:26   #5
God Member

Hell yes I would say he was terrorist.

I agree with Mani if he was muslim he would have been preverbially hung drawn and quarted by the press and Media.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

SPUGGIE J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 19:04   #6
Grand Wizard Of The Inner Clique

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Hell yes I would say he was terrorist.

I agree with Mani if he was muslim he would have been preverbially hung drawn and quarted by the press and Media.
Yes, he would, and your objection to that is..... (Only joking mani, anyone that knows me also know's that I say hanging is too good for them!).

By the way Spuggie come the revolution and you will be taken outside and stoned to death if you ever use the word,
Quote:
Hell
in a post again.

We liberals have a wonderful way with words!
Less is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 19:14   #7
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Less View Post
Yes, he would, and your objection to that is..... (Only joking mani, anyone that knows me also know's that I say hanging is too good for them!).

By the way Spuggie come the revolution and you will be taken outside and stoned to death if you ever use the word, in a post again.

We liberals have a wonderful way with words!
Sorry Gabriel it wont happen again. I am allergic to getting stoned.

All comments above are nothing to do with here and therefore not the resposibility of the Accrington Web site owners admins or mods.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 19:29   #8
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mani View Post
now surely if this man was a muslim - he wud've been hung drawn and quartered by now for wanting to shoot blair and posessing explosive chemicals - surely he also should've been arrested under anti-terrorism legislation.

A former British National Party (BNP) candidate who held explosive chemicals in anticipation of a civil war wanted to shoot Tony Blair, a court heard.

Robert Cottage, 49, from Colne, Lancashire, pleaded guilty to possession of explosives at the start of his trial at Manchester Crown Court.

His wife said he often boasted of wanting to shoot Mr Blair and Lib Dem peer Lord Greaves, the court was told.

Mr Cottage denies conspiracy to cause an explosion.

A second man, David Jackson, 62, of Nelson, Lancashire, denies both charges under the Explosive Substances Act.

That makes 90% of british people terrorists
tadah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 19:38   #9
I am Banned

i guess hes just an old fashioned british bomber

ahhh that takes me back before all ths terrorism crap we used to call people bombers but thats sooo 1980's now we got to call them terrorists

Last edited by chav1; 13-02-2007 at 19:40.
chav1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 19:38   #10
God Member

I agree with you Mani, if this guy was a muslim, he would have been branded a terrorist.
grego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-02-2007, 19:44   #11
I am Banned

the way i understand it which may or not be correct is that a terrorist is someone who uses terror to make a political standpoint and a bomber is somone who just likes blowing people up

he says he was stock piling because he freared civil war which would not put him in teh category of been a terrorist so until hes convicted of a terrorist act i dont think they will call him a terrorist

yep we all know his story is bollox but thats his explination and until teh case finishes we wont know what he is besides a facist waner ( pronounced with a loud K )
Old 13-02-2007, 19:55   #12
God Member

Better watch all you lot who play war/violence games on computers or consoles or you might be accussed of practicing to be a terrorist.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 20:28   #13
I am Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPUGGIE J View Post
Better watch all you lot who play war/violence games on computers or consoles or you might be accussed of practicing to be a terrorist.

i tried that microsoft flight simulator and apart from crashing a plane into teh ground i wouldnt make a good terrorist at all
Old 13-02-2007, 20:41   #14
God Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chav1 View Post
i tried that microsoft flight simulator and apart from crashing a plane into teh ground i wouldnt make a good terrorist at all

Better watch they dont try and make you the 22nd 911 terrorist based on that.

THEY ARE MINE!!!!

Old 13-02-2007, 21:25   #15
Senior Member+

spuggie

seriously

all i ever do now is play golf - tiger woods 2007

cud i be trying any harder not to be asian? *L*

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..