Accrington Web

Home Gallery Arcade Blogs Members List Today's Posts
Go Back   Accrington Web > AccyWeb > General Chat
Donate! Join Today

General Chat General chat - common sense in here please. Decent serious discussions to be enjoyed by everyone!

Welcome to Accrington Web!

We are a discussion forum dedicated to the towns of Accrington, Oswaldtwistle and the surrounding areas, sometimes referred to as Hyndburn! We are a friendly bunch please feel free to browse or read on for more info.
You are currently viewing our site as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, photos, play in the community arcade and use our blog section. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please, join our community today!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 28-02-2009, 08:43   #1

Angry Wing-mirror smashed

Well some idiot decided to go down Pickup street last night breaking wing-mirrors
Ours was done on the path side so we know it wasnt a car,but its going to cost us about £140 to get fixed
The police have been rung but what good thats going to do i dont know !
mumtotwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Accrington Web
Old 28-02-2009, 08:46   #2
Resting in Peace

Re: Wing-mirror smashed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumtotwo View Post
Well some idiot decided to go down Pickup street last night breaking wing-mirrors
Ours was done on the path side so we know it wasnt a car,but its going to cost us about £140 to get fixed
The trouble is MTT that if the police catch these brain dead muppets, all they get is a pat on the head and a sugar lump
Old 28-02-2009, 08:53   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaysay View Post
The trouble is MTT that if the police catch these brain dead muppets, all they get is a pat on the head and a sugar lump
Exactly and the innocent folk whos wingmirror the muppet smashed have to foot the bill
Ours was one of the good ones,my husband said he can glue it back together and get a new glass for it.Because unfortuntly we have just had to get new tyres and brakes for the MOT.Couldnt have happened at a worse time
Old 28-02-2009, 08:57   #4
God Member

Quote:

Grrrrrr!!
Little "Ahems"
Old 28-02-2009, 09:17   #5
Senior Member+

Mindless vandalism.

Can you not get one from Scrap Yard or on Ebay, will be a lot cheaper than the main stealers.
Old 28-02-2009, 09:52   #6
God Member

a street near kwikfit is quite often victim to some one going down cars with their keys , each time it happens the damage stops at the same spot so im guessing its the same idiot on his way home from the pub or somthing.

i think considering how much a scratch alone can cost to repair it shoud be quite legal to stamp on somones head if you catch them doing damage to your car

but we dont live in a fair world sadly

like said before try scrap yards , wing mirrors usualy just clip on and dealers love to bump up prices or ring the dealers and ask how much for the part only and get a local garage to fit it

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Last edited by accyman; 28-02-2009 at 09:56.
accyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2009, 10:03   #7

Car fixing is husbands job,being angry at said muppet is my job
I think he will be looking into fixing it second hand.
Old 28-02-2009, 10:05   #8
God Member

Quote:
Car fixing is husbands job,being angry at said muppet is my job
I think he will be looking into fixing it second hand.
welll if you ever catch teh sod that did it get hubby to hold him down while you work on the sods testicles with tweezers and pliers

ive just started a relationship with a blind woman !Its quite rewarding but quite challenging ! it took me ages to get her husbands voice right

Old 28-02-2009, 10:11   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by accyman View Post
welll if you ever catch teh sod that did it get hubby to hold him down while you work on the sods testicles with tweezers and pliers
Electric cattle prob would be more appropriate
Old 28-02-2009, 10:13   #10
God Member

new ones are around £35 but they come plain

i sent you a link to a site that will provide a new one and paint it to the colour you want for £60

Old 28-02-2009, 10:16   #11

Quote:
new ones are around £35 but they come plain

i sent you a link to a site that will provide a new one and paint it to the colour you want for £60
Thank you for your help,i will pass your info to Kris when he gets in
Old 28-02-2009, 10:24   #12
God Member

Quote:
Thank you for your help,i will pass your info to Kris when he gets in
until you get a new one just carry on using the mirror while doing your lipstick as normal

im off to hide now

Old 28-02-2009, 10:53   #13

Quote:
until you get a new one just carry on using the mirror while doing your lipstick as normal

im off to hide now
How did you know my husband wears lipstick ?
Because i dont drive or wear makeup
Old 28-02-2009, 11:07   #14

Kris is home now and he thinks the motor is broke which why its going to cost extra !
Old 28-02-2009, 11:09   #15
Resting in Peace

Same thing happened to me when I lived on Exchange St. and to add insult to injury I got taken to court and fined for having a defective wing mirror.They never caught the person that did it.

Some people think I'm a bit of an animal, but I'm quite tender really
Benipete is offline   Reply With Quote

Other sites of interest.. More town sites..